Where Players Found Us: April 2015

Started by Cavaticus, May 01, 2015, 09:46:26 AM

April 2015

Total new accounts: 311 (up 9.12% from 285)
Accounts with more than 30 minutes played: 35 (down 16.67% from 42)

Where people came from:

Google:
32 (holding)
TMC: 118 (up 51.28% from 78)
TMS: 9 (up 50% from 6)
Friend: 25 (up 38.89% from 18)
Reddit: 5 (down 91.38% from 53, el o el)
Bay 12 Forums: 1 (down 50% from 2)

Miscellaneous responses:

Adhira
Sanvean
A couple from an online discussion somewhere about DayZ

Login Info for those who made it into the game.

-- 1 hour or less in playtime: 20
-- 1-2 hours of playtime:  6
-- 2-6 hours of playtime:  7
-- 6-20 hours of playtime: 11
-- 20+ hours of playtime:  2

This month's takeaways:

A Reddit-type site called "Hacker News" had a discussion about a MUD client called Slack. The page has a listing of existing MUDs and Arm was at the top. We got 10 hits from that, so here's a shoutout back at 'em! Thanks for putting us up.

We were #1 on TMC all month and that shows in a large spike of referrals from them. We also kept board presence on TMS and we got a proportionaly similar bump there as well. Good job, voters!

The bad news: overall account creation was up, but our retention was down. My guess would be that we might have lost some newbies who started in Tuluk and found it with less players than usual as folks transitioned away. I'm hoping that our numbers for May will have a boost with Allanak being much more robust lately (seriously guys, the Allanak numbers are crazy impressive right now). Overall logins have looked really good lately, too, but I don't have actual data to back that up.

May 01, 2015, 10:37:47 AM #1 Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 10:50:52 PM by Desertman
D
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Desertman on May 01, 2015, 10:37:47 AM
I keep waiting for that one response on "Where you Found Us" that says:

"Some nut in League of Legends was spamming shit about this MUD while stomping me and yelling, "I'm Pappy Teeto!", every time he got a kill.".

When that happens, I will know I was a success.

Maybe they get annoyed with you on League of Legends and decide they don't want more of your annoyance somewhere else. You might be hurting things!
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Man, that TMC boost is pretty insane, now I feel bad for often skipping on it.

Proof that if you haven't made an account yet for whatever reason, stop being a lazy poopiehead.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

May 01, 2015, 11:24:58 AM #4 Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 10:50:30 PM by Desertman
D

Every time I see this thread pop up in the feed, I keep thinking it pertains to Staff, like a celebrity tabloid of images catching them IRL.
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on May 01, 2015, 11:18:21 AM

"Some nut in League of Legends was spamming shit about this MUD while stomping me and yelling, "I'm Pappy Teeto!", every time he got a kill.".

Maybe they get annoyed with you on League of Legends and decide they don't want more of your annoyance somewhere else. You might be hurting things!

Pretty sure that this would be one of the least reason as to why you're annoyed on League of Legends.

So many other reasons to be annoyed when you're playing that game!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on May 01, 2015, 11:52:59 AM
Quote from: slvrmoontiger on May 01, 2015, 11:18:21 AM

Pretty sure that this would be one of the least reason as to why you're annoyed on League of Legends.

So many other reasons to be annoyed when you're playing that game!

It's worth noting my team finds it hilarious and I've had a few even ask me questions about this game and have me explain "What is a MUD?" during play. (Granted, the typical League community player does not want to do anything that involves reading, so I usually lose them here.)

Does the enemy hate me? Almost certainly. But, I'm making pals with the four on my team who find it hilarious. I'll take what I can get.

Heyyy,

Whatever happened to these?  I can't imagine they didn't take a load of time to do, but I for one really appreciated them.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: nauta on September 22, 2015, 11:47:40 AM
Heyyy,

Whatever happened to these?  I can't imagine they didn't take a load of time to do, but I for one really appreciated them.

They actually do take a load of time, and we're doing what we can for the game :) Only certain people have access to these metrics, and they've been busy with RL and keeping the game running well. We'll get to these when we have the time.
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

i too enjoyed these, but the moral was always the same:

TMC is critical; vote every day.

Also, tell your friends about how much fun this game is.