Suggestion: Ask When My Request Will Be Done Subforum

Started by MeTekillot, March 28, 2015, 02:52:57 AM

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

How about now?

Are we there yet?
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

F5
F5
F5
F5F5F5
F5F5F5
F5F5

F5
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Thanks for the report.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

I think this would be a big hit with the people who use help chat to ask about pending application, or why they were banned  ;)
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on March 28, 2015, 07:25:35 PM
I think this would be a big hit with the people who use help chat to ask about pending application, or why they were banned  ;)
People do that?

Suggestion: Ask When My Request About When My Request Will Be Done Will Be Done Subforum
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Quote from: Talia on March 28, 2015, 08:01:41 PM
Suggestion: Ask When My Request About When My Request Will Be Done Will Be Done Subforum

That reminds me, I need to request more requests from requisitions.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

everytime I wait on an extended subguild/skillbump app I end up cancelling it and apping normally because I'm an impatient child
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on March 30, 2015, 10:48:32 AM
everytime I wait on an extended subguild/skillbump app I end up cancelling it and apping normally because I'm an impatient child

Haha. I've done this before on special applications. Ext Subguilds are typically resolved in 1-2 days, in my experience, which is a perfectly acceptable wait. When I get super-excited about a concept and spec app it, then I  just sit there bouncing in my chair for like 4 days and it's still not resolved and I just go "Ahhh can't take it." and cancel it and app a similar idea that I can already do instead. It's a flaw, really.

I would appreciate this subforum. I just keep my "Armageddon" mail filter up at all times, and just pray throughout the day to see a (1) come up beside the mailbox name.

I also try to bribe Staff every time I submit a request, no lie. I offer them $1.

I love when people make posts in Ask The Staff like.....

"Hey guys, I just wondered what the typical turn around time is for special application approvals? Mine has been sitting for a few days, so I just wondered what the typical time was."

Translation = Go check my special application please.

"Hey guys, I just wondered how long it generally takes to do an account notes request in the system. I've had one sitting for a week, but I just wondered what the typical time was and all that."

Translation - Go check my account notes request please.

WE KNOW YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO RUSH STAFF. YOU AREN'T BEING SUBTLE. THIS IS NOT TULUK. IT IS OBVIOUS THE WHOLE POINT TO YOUR QUESTION IS TO TRY AND RUSH STAFF WITHOUT APPEARING LIKE YOU ARE RUSHING THEM. YOU AREN'T FOOLING ANYONE. WE KNOW WHAT THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF YOUR WHOLE POST IS! IT ISN'T EVEN REMOTELY SNEAKY!!! YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST MAKE A POST SAYING "HURRY THE FUCK UP", BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE DOING ANYWAYS.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Suggestion: Ask The Players When My Request Will Be Done Subforum

Ask the staff when they'll reply to questions in ask the staff.

this thread is too meta

I haven't checked the other posts in this thread, so bear with me.

We should probably have a subforum just for players to ask when their requests will be done.

What do you think?
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

How long does it typically take you to fulfill a request to make a when is my request done subforum?
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

March 30, 2015, 03:02:27 PM #19 Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:04:22 PM by Desertman
Hey guys, I was just wondering about how long it takes to have your tribal human assassin outdoorsman starting in Allanak applications processed usually?

I have one that has been sitting for a good seven minutes and I was just wondering what the typical turn around time is.

Thanks so much for your reply.

tldr; go check my requests because I am a special entitled asshole

Also, I have no reason to be as grumpy about this as I am. But for some reason every time I see it, I want the ability to reply to that person in ATS.

Do you think I could get that ability? Can I create a poll thread to give me that ability?
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Maybe we should start a gambling forum, and take bets.
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

We should have a forum called 'Ask the Players'

This is where staff can post questions to players asking them when their character reports will be in and when they'll answer the questions staff asked in their last response to players requests! It'll be awesome!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Quote from: Desertman on March 30, 2015, 03:02:27 PM
Do you think I could get that ability? Can I create a poll thread to give me that ability?

Suggestion: Ask When My Request Will Be Done Poll

(This whole thread has been seriously cracking me up all day long. I love you guys.)

Someone make an ask the players thread, then only post about your spec apps.

I feel like this should have happened by now.

Hi Jihelu,

I would like to know what the average turnaround is on special applications

Thank you