Common Character Catastrophies

Started by deathkamon, September 10, 2014, 12:27:57 AM

What does you're character most commonly die from?

Beautiful creatures and habitants of Zalanthas (NPCs)
28 (38.9%)
Broken the laws and got arena'd/executed
1 (1.4%)
Plot-based reasons
10 (13.9%)
Enviornmental things like falling off the Shield Wall
6 (8.3%)
Not getting enough food/water
2 (2.8%)
I haven't experienced my character die yet (somehow)
5 (6.9%)
A mix of some things/everything.
16 (22.2%)
Other Reasons
4 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 70

I just want to take a look on how people usually die in the harsh world of Zalanthas. As we all know, Zalanthas is a cruel and harsh place, and in Zalanthas, pretty much everything can be deadly towards you. The poll is just for others to see how the usual Zalanthan dies in Arm and how the average noob can take note of how to avoid such tragic events. Also, this poll is made for fun just so people could get a chuckle out of it.

As a professional tryhard and character suicider (151 characters and counting), I voted for the NPC option. Gotta have dat death by random aggressive thing.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I've been killed by more players than I have my own stupidity or aggro NPCs.

Definitely not players as much as NPCs. MOST of the time, I know OOCly the death is coming, but occasionally you just don't know that dark area ahead is <redacted> and you're about to get <redacted> in your face.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Yeah, it's not usually the things I'm hunting that kill me.  It's what was hunting what I'm hunting before I put my boot in it.

That next link up the food chain is a doozy.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

My characters mostly die in storage.

I think I've played around 22ish PCs. 6 died, 4 of those to other players due to plot, 2 to critters.

4 PKs:
-- Lover
-- Jealous girlfriend of lover
-- Boss
-- Templar
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Peeps who've PKd me:

-- Misinformed Templar (x2)
-- Informed Templar (x2)
-- RUDE Templar
-- sap
-- Buff dudes sparring with mercy off

City elf --after about 3 hours playtime,first PC ever
city elf assassin --after about 3 hours, was starting shit eastside with one of my first rinthers
(homer simpson: We played dungeons and dragons for three hours, and then I got slain by an elf.."
..mul
gith, raptors, kryl
buncha arrows

Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

I begged and bribed and cried during three of those templar deaths. Sometimes a dude just wants to use his branched skills mang

Hmmm. I've been PK'd a number of interesting ways from authorities.

-Bug pitt(Awesome echo's down there)
-Beheading
-Arena x2 (Pickpockets kept getting caught)
-Torture scene(I told them everything I knew, wasn't enough.)

I have to agree, there are some things that you just can't bribe your way out of.

My most common character deaths are no doubt to NPC's who I was unable to flee from(stamina), purposefully seek out to die to(suicide), or just fucking surprised me with lucky hits and reel lock(great majority of my first pc's)

I been killed mostly by NPCs in the sands and falling down something too.

And this too:

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on September 10, 2014, 05:18:22 AM
My most common character deaths are no doubt to NPC's who I was unable to flee from(stamina), purposefully seek out to die to(suicide), or just fucking surprised me with lucky hits and reel lock(great majority of my first pc's)
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Uhh..

Stupidity - 1
Environment - 2
NPC - 5
PK - 7
Storage - 2
Wrath of Natious - 1
Suicide - 2
Crimcode accident - 1

Of the PK's, only one was a templar, with another being my employer.

Naturally, three were due to women not worth dying over.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Mine are almost always murdered or assassinated. I've been templar'ed I think 5 times - 3 by the same templar.  Out of 27 characters, I think only 4 of them died during hunting incidents. Maybe 5. I store quite a bit too. But mostly assassination.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Since everyone seems to be posting them these are from the last time I requested my account notes. They do not include any of my characters from either my first account or from before accounts where implemented.

• Hostile NPC 51
  • Stored 7
  • Hostile Player 6
  • Unknown (Or find out IC) 6
  • Poison 3
  • Blood Loss 2
  • Dehydration 1
  • Death Trap 1

A couple of highlights:
◦Fel (Bushranger) entered into a room and died of the death flag. My very first character recorded on the account (2002) This is what I imagine when reading this death message!

◦Karayan (Bushranger) has died from loss of blood, come have a look. Gee, thanks Immortals! p.s. Best death message ever!

Also 2 of my characters were 'killed by a ring-tailed jozhal, amen.' Both were rangers. This should go in the shame thread!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

In order of favorite to least favorite:

sorculated - 1
dragging broken body through caverns until killed by NPC - 1
poison - 1
spice - 1
NPC - 7
storage - 13

Apparently I just don't die to players.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on September 10, 2014, 05:18:22 AM
I have to agree, there are some things that you just can't bribe your way out of.

I don't disagree. I just think if MTK has been PK'd 7 times, 5 of which were Templars, he's probably doing it wrong (or he plays a lot of undesirables. I've don't know if I've ever had to bribe and plead my way out of something I was rather than something I did. I imagine its a lot harder).

Quote from: valeria on September 10, 2014, 08:54:44 AM
Apparently I just don't die to players.

Same, I was only PKed once.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Mostly storage.  But looking at actual deaths in no particular order...

Gith
Raptors
Poison
Random PK
Sparring-related accident
Several units of the Tuluki army

I guess that counts as a mix.

1 Poisoning self and vomiting to death.
1 Executed by boss for breaking his rules.
1 Kryl spray to the face.
and a scrab an hour in, but that hardly counts. I don't consider it a character until I've got a day in at least.
3/21/16 Never Forget

In no particular order:

PKs - maybe 4 or 5
Shitmugging - 2
Mobs - 3
Nyr, via Vash - 1. This PC was such a hilarious fuckup that his boss had him murdered. I even got a little bloodstain added to a certain argosy to commemorate his greatness.
Storage - 40+

Why isn't stat-gloating or branch-rejoicing listed as an option in the poll?
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Or desc changing.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Crimcode: 12
NPC:29
PC: 27
Immortal Fury:2
Cool Imm run reactions (not plots):2
stored: 4
Deathroom! 1

As of my last account note request, that's how the numbers go, roughly, for what I died to.  I did the favor of removing the many gladiator deaths.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

First post may as well be here.
1 black beetle near Red Storm
1 Pk
1 mantis (Damn, I killed loads of those pricks. There's so many though ;-;)
1 NPC
1 Bloodburn.
About 5 storages.
Only 12 characters played, over the course of almost a year now :P
yousuck