When Armageddon is full...

Started by Fujikoma, September 01, 2014, 08:22:13 AM

The linkdead will rise and post to the GDB.

Armageddon is full.  There is currently a limit of 1 players.

REALLY?! NOOOOOO!!!
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Hehe, down for maintenance.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

And everyone rushes to the shops to spam full them,  ;)
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Down for maintenance.

Used to happen every Saturday, all Saturday, son.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I thought it was on Wednesdays.  When did that change, if it did.
Fredd-

It was mentioned as Monday mornings in the player-staff chat I think.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

The recent one?
Fredd-

Yes, I think that's where I heard it.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Yep. It was part of the answer to one of my questions.

Ther server gets reset at around 8 am every Monday morning.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Ah, I see.
Fredd-

Quote from: Pale Horse on September 01, 2014, 01:13:55 PM
Down for maintenance.

Man, I remember that. Sometimes I had to, like, go outside and junk.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Quote from: Cale_Knight on September 02, 2014, 01:00:45 PM
Quote from: Pale Horse on September 01, 2014, 01:13:55 PM
Down for maintenance.

Man, I remember that. Sometimes I had to, like, go outside and junk.
LOL
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Yeah, you kids don't know how good you have it.

Saturday Downtime used to really suck for us who were in high-school back then, because it was like...One of two days off you could actually play the game, and it was closed!

Around 1-3PM i'd start the 'refresh email/website' game until it went back up.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Them there is back when character approvals for normal applications could take days.

On the plus side, you always knew saturday was the day pending emails, apps, and etc would get looked at and you'd get a reply, even if it was a 'This will have to wait'.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

You guys are so old. How are you not dead yet?
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on September 02, 2014, 01:57:29 PM
You guys are so old. How are you not dead yet?
Scorcerer kings yo.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

You kids are so cute - thinking you had it rough back in the day. Why, when *I* was a kid playing Arm, we sent emotes via carrier pigeon. A typical RPT would take approximately three weeks to complete, unless someone's pigeon got shot down. Then it could take a long as two months.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Just a wonder, who is the longest played player that played Arm?
Fredd-

It depends.

I think from statistics that came out during the player staff meeting, like 60 active players have been playing for a decade or more.

Nessalin and Tiernan might be candidates if we count staff and if they still play.

Looking at board registration times, you can see a few still-active players early on the list.  However, I know I myself started playing like 6 months before the boards were updated.

Most likely the longest playing player would be someone like LoD who was there from waaaaay back yet only disappeared in the last few years.

Quote from: Lizzie on September 02, 2014, 04:28:08 PM
You kids are so cute - thinking you had it rough back in the day. Why, when *I* was a kid playing Arm, we sent emotes via carrier pigeon. A typical RPT would take approximately three weeks to complete, unless someone's pigeon got shot down. Then it could take a long as two months.

This made me lol.  Thank you.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

When we held the player staff meeting I looked at statistics for the 5 days previous to that. I mentioned this in the player staff meeting, here's some info from that:

In the last 5 days 231 accounts have logged in to the mud.
125 of these have been playing the game for 5+ years. 

1996 is when we started recording created on dates on the accounts. 7 accounts (that have been active in the last 5 days) were created before 1996 and have no 'created' date.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Quote from: Adhira on September 02, 2014, 07:42:26 PM
7 accounts (that have been active in the last 5 days) were created before 1996 and have no 'created' date.

The spooky seven...

I'm not spooky Cabooze!

Really I'm just an average Amos. How about we go obsidian mining tomorrow at dawn when the gates open?
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

If I had to take a guess at some of the 'Final Seven' (if we're making BSG references), I would say LoD and ApocalypticCow?
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

How does that work exactly, since accounts were all created in like...1999?

Before that, you just linked in your previous pc name and password.