Common View on Prostitution

Started by Guest, September 14, 2003, 09:23:36 PM

I wouldn't place the entire "responsibility" on the prostitute character. That wouldn't be fair, and it isn't universal. A well paid independant prostitute would still likely be considered a low-life by a high-class clanned concubine, or even a selective and highly acclaimed courtesan. Conversely, a rinth-rat would view that same high paid independent prostitute as maybe something to aspire to..and admire their independence and relative wealth and status.

I still think it's both: the type of whore you're playing vs. the "status" of the character he or she is interacting with.

***DISCLAIMER***  This is my personal opinion and not the policy or views of the staff as a whole.

To me, a prostitute would be viewed with a lot more caution than a regular bedpartner. In a world where paranoia is not a mental condition but a safe state of mind, you would have to seriously consider how wise it is to strip naked and be alone with someone you KNOW beyond doubt sells out to the highest bidder. Would you tell this person anything? Not unless you wanted them to resell it the moment your leggings are on and the door is hitting your rear on the way out. Would you trust them not to have arranged to have a small team of assassins lurking in their bedchamber while your enemy sits in a nearby tavern chuckling at your stupidity? I know my pc's wouldn't. Sex with someone you trust is one thing, putting your life on the line for a bit of tail is another. To me, partnerships, whether two people, three people or more would be more the norm for anyone with enough to risk that visiting a prostitute could be a dangerous proposition. Now, if your a Byn merc with fifty extra sids and the stench of the shitter on you, hell yeah! Find yourself a cheap whore and spend that sid like you have no tomorrow because you probably don't.

Mekeda