Random DQ's happening....

Started by Dakota, July 03, 2014, 04:36:48 PM

July 03, 2014, 04:36:48 PM Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 04:39:05 PM by Dakota
Started today. Noticing it with other players. Just getting dropped by the host.... Reconnecting... Dropped by host... Reconnecting... Dropped by host... etc, etc, etc...

Fixes?
Czar of City Elves.

It seems better now, but I had some as well.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

It's not better....
Czar of City Elves.

It seems better for me now too. 
Then again, it started doing this to me earlier this morning and then 'seemed better' before it started again.

Have noticed when typing an exit that is not valid or if Whira is blowing the sand.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Quote from: whitt on July 03, 2014, 04:44:40 PM
Have noticed when typing an exit that is not valid or if Whira is blowing the sand.

Isn't Whira -always- blowing sand?!
And if you notice it happening when you type an invalid exit...then stop walking into walls and disrupting the game for all of us, whitt!
:P

Quote from: manipura on July 03, 2014, 04:47:24 PM
And if you notice it happening when you type an invalid exit...then stop walking into walls and disrupting the game for all of us, whitt!
:P

Hah.  No one tells me what to do.

Hazards of being an IT person.  I can not stop trying to break it now....  must debug....

Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

The fat kid in me read the subject and thought "RANDOM DAIRY QUEENS HAPPENING?!!!"

Quote from: Redheart on July 03, 2014, 05:22:32 PM
The fat kid in me read the subject and thought "RANDOM DAIRY QUEENS HAPPENING?!!!"

Me too. Me too. Now I want a blizzard...

Quote from: Delirium on July 03, 2014, 05:30:34 PM
Quote from: Redheart on July 03, 2014, 05:22:32 PM

Me too. Me too. Now I want a blizzard...

I want a dilly bar

or a Starkiss
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on July 03, 2014, 05:31:56 PM
I want a dilly bar

or a Starkiss

We don't really have DQ in CA, and I don't know what those things are, but a starkiss sounds like it would burn.

I feel like I've been getting almost-timeouts a lot lately, where it won't respond for about 30-45 seconds, and then 4 commands will go through at once.  And one of my computers has also decided it would be awesome if MUSHclient would make me connect, freeze, disconnect, connect again, and have to type "c" twice, every single time I play, before it will actually let me log in.  I'm pretty sure it will begin to demand tribute soon.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: James de Monet on July 03, 2014, 05:51:35 PM
have to type "c" twice, every single time I play, before it will actually let me log in.  I'm pretty sure it will begin to demand tribute soon.

The "c" issue started a little over a year ago and was affecting several different clients. It was the result of some code change in game. The code was reversed or changed to not affect most clients, but it never went away for me. My guess is that some small tweak was made to the game that is making this happen again and causing these other issues.

Oh, and we don't have DQs here either... well, there's one, but it's like 30 miles away.

Yeah, the weird part is, MUSHclient on my laptop doesn't do any of those things, so it must be version dependent.
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: James de Monet on July 03, 2014, 06:06:57 PM
Yeah, the weird part is, MUSHclient on my laptop doesn't do any of those things, so it must be version dependent.

That particular problem is only 50/50 for me on any given login. I'm on MUSHclient as well.

the double C thing happens for me every time too. Got so annoying I figured out an automatic login sequence that connects me, disconnects me, connects me again, and then logs me in with my username and password
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on July 03, 2014, 06:21:26 PM

That particular problem is only 50/50 for me on any given login. I'm on MUSHclient as well.

Wow all this time I thought it was just me.

Here we go again....
Czar of City Elves.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on July 03, 2014, 06:21:26 PM

On Cmud it is about 50/50 as well.  I just have to be vigilant and make sure it has received the first c before I type in the rest.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

I remember reading at some point that the server got bumped to the East Coast a while ago. This storm had knocked outbpower twice and I havnt had internet for days. Maybe?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

You guys made me go get a Blizzard. I hope you're happy.

July 05, 2014, 06:34:19 PM #21 Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 07:33:36 PM by Barsook
Deleted
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

y'all some viral marketing motherfuckers

In addition to the "double C" bug James is getting in MushClient, lately I've also been having to reconnect to the Armageddon server when I first open its World in MUSHClient. It stalls out or something before I even get to the mantis.