Voting accountability for February

Started by Nyr, January 23, 2014, 09:11:16 AM

Are you willing to pledge yourself to step up and vote in February (twice per day on TMS, once per day on TMC)?

Yes
33 (80.5%)
No
8 (19.5%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: January 31, 2014, 09:31:32 AM

February 10, 2014, 02:18:29 AM #75 Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:21:59 AM by RogueGunslinger
I have to admit. I voted no in this thing. But of the 33 of you who voted Yes. Half of you are liars, AND I'M CALLING YOU OUT.

Hold yourselves accountable. Have you no decency?

I vote as much as possible. No, I don't plan my day around it, but every chance I get I vote.

Slinger, I am disappointed in you. Man up - punch the button, boi.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

That's the thing. I know I can't do it every day, so I voted no in the poll. Yet I have been steadily, consistently voting for the game. Yet the voting numbers would suggest only half of the people who said yes are actually making the commitment they said they would to vote twice on TMS.

Maybe we need to make a new poll like this every day to keep their attention.

I voted yes and I know I can't do it all the time? Wait, what?

We need memes in here.

I have been voting. Also we need Doge meme in here to get things going.

Wow.
Such vote.
Much democracy.
Wow.
Very dedicate.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

I'm voting as promised.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

I failed guys  :'(  I forgot to vote the second time on TMS last night because I was too drunk.  Please don't kick me out of Armageddon voting forever.

Vote more now to make up for me.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

You can make up for it by calling or texting three friends and ask them to vote every day for a week.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

12 from going up one!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Well, we were hoping for top 5, but don't seem to be there quite yet. We are doing twice as well as last month. We've still got time to make it there. Let's keep at it.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Nyr on January 30, 2014, 08:45:57 AM
So we've pulled ahead on TMC to #1.  My best guess is that TMC will NOT reset on February 1 (they tend to do two month cycles).  Provided we keep voting up we are set.

Everyone ready to take #2 on TMS?  We have about 2 days left before we start!  Get your calendar/reminder apps ready.  I'd love to see all 32 (33 counting Malken) of us voting as often as we say we are going to, which should inspire others!

For those not up to date on what that would mean:

If we had had 33 people voting twice per day since the start of this month and all other voting was equal on TMS, we would be at 1938 votes as of this minute, holding 2nd place by a margin of over 300 votes.
If we had 33 people voting once per day since the start of the month and all other voting was equal on TMC, we would be at 969 votes as of this minute, holding 1st place by a margin of over 300 votes (rather than our current margin of about 15).

OK, so here's where we are now.

841 votes on TMS at about 11:00 AM on the 27th.  That's the equivalent of (almost) 16 people voting twice per day, and we'll end this month with about 890 votes (probably straddling 7th or 8th place).  If we'd had the initial 34 per day expected all month we would end up with 1904 total votes for the month by the end of the month (securing 2nd place by more than 400 votes at that point).  To be in second place right now we would have only needed 9 more folks (on average) voting twice per day.

This isn't really a doom and gloom post, though.  We did not do as well as we said we could do, true, but we did better than last month and we are in the top ten on TMS.  And on TMC, we are dominating.  We are in first place and we have a commanding lead over #2, a lead of about 150 votes.  The next lowest game would have to vote twice as often to even come close to us.

What does this mean for the month so far compared to last month overall?
Total new accounts:  191 increased to 308, a 47% increase.
TMS referrals:  22 increased to 32, a 37% increase.
TMC referrals:  56 increased to 122, a 74% increase.
new player logins:  45 increased to 53, a 16% increase (should be higher by EoD tomorrow).

Keeping a steady top ten presence on TMS and a #1 presence on TMC should be our goal (even if we can do better than that).
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.