Voting accountability for February

Started by Nyr, January 23, 2014, 09:11:16 AM

Are you willing to pledge yourself to step up and vote in February (twice per day on TMS, once per day on TMC)?

Yes
33 (80.5%)
No
8 (19.5%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: January 31, 2014, 09:31:32 AM

Quote from: Malken on January 23, 2014, 06:06:05 PM
I think that those who voted 'no' don't necessarily really hate the mud or forget to vote, maybe they have another favorite mud that they vote for, or maybe they are Staff on other muds as well (I know a couple of Arm players who are staff on other muds that they vote for).. IT HAPPENS.

You are wrong.  They are evil. We should hunt them down and kick their dog!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I've never done video anything, I'd probably really suck at it.  But I WILL commit to voting all the time.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I vote sometimes.  I'm just bad at remembering.  I don't mind the one that doesn't need an account.  I just hate proliferating my information all over the net.   :P

In terms of videos, I would be more than willing to do the editing on a video, if you weren't looking for crazy effects.  I don't think I'm the right choice for a narrator, though.  I don't really have that smooth baritone thing going on.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Plan out what you want, I'm willing to provide you the narration if you wish. I have developed several "How To" videos for IT needs and am confident this could be much more entertaining.

Quote from: musashi on May 27, 2011, 06:24:12 AM
No no you see, by date Ghost means "chased his wife around the house with his penis till she cried".

January 24, 2014, 03:43:57 AM #29 Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 03:47:59 AM by i love toilets
TMC blocked our general IP address or whatever, and I do kind of sort of promise to vote on TMS, given that its strikingly similar to me to raising a tamagotchi, in that I do occasionally get it to adulthood but usually it dies before it gets that far because I forget to feed it.

Eat your fries with mayonnaise next time

Quote from: James de Monet on January 23, 2014, 10:21:34 PM
I vote sometimes.  I'm just bad at remembering.  I don't mind the one that doesn't need an account.  I just hate proliferating my information all over the net.   :P

In terms of videos, I would be more than willing to do the editing on a video, if you weren't looking for crazy effects.  I don't think I'm the right choice for a narrator, though.  I don't really have that smooth baritone thing going on.

If you videod and I narrated, it would be an awesome team.

Just to update on where 29 votes would get us by this point in the day had these 29 people started on day 1 and continued until right now, prorated to 10 AM.  Again, that's 29 individual people voting 2 x per day on TMS and 1x per day on TMC, with all other votes on TMS and TMC being equal.

By this time we would be at 1346 votes on TMS.  We would have 2nd place handily.
By this time we would be at 667 votes on TMC.   We would have 1st place handily.

(edit to add:  we can just add 48 more votes to TMS and 24 to TMC since I counted Malken's no as a no rather than a yes)
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I still dont know how to vote on TMC. It sends me straight to forums. I will admit, I never spent too long a time looking, but it's not mentioned in the FAQ, for sure. My deductive skills are novice, compared to the wanderer.
Peering into the darkness, your voice uncertain, you say, in sirihish:
     "You be wary, you lot. It ain' I who's locked 'p here with yeh. it's the whol
e bunch of youse that's locked down here with meh."

Quote from: SmashedTregil on January 24, 2014, 12:41:53 PM
I still dont know how to vote on TMC. It sends me straight to forums. I will admit, I never spent too long a time looking, but it's not mentioned in the FAQ, for sure. My deductive skills are novice, compared to the wanderer.

It logs you in to the forums.  Then you click the "vote" button again and it will actually let you vote.

Quote from: valeria on January 24, 2014, 07:44:52 AM
Quote from: James de Monet on January 23, 2014, 10:21:34 PM

If you videod and I narrated, it would be an awesome team.

That would be great! Except that if you aren't planning a trip to California, it might be kind of hard to film...
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: Nyr on January 23, 2014, 10:39:20 AM
We need someone with a wonderfully rich speaking voice and video skills...who wouldn't mind having that sort of content used.  I don't think there's really a problem with someone creating a test account with staff assistance to do a video walkthrough of this process.
I've been told throughout my life that I have a voice made for radio. Well, more often when I was young and people still listened to the radio. Usually, women said that, but, uh ... point being, I'm willing to voice such a venture.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on January 25, 2014, 07:58:26 AM
Quote from: Nyr on January 23, 2014, 10:39:20 AM
We need someone with a wonderfully rich speaking voice and video skills...who wouldn't mind having that sort of content used.  I don't think there's really a problem with someone creating a test account with staff assistance to do a video walkthrough of this process.
I've been told throughout my life that I have a voice made for radio. Well, more often when I was young and people still listened to the radio. Usually, women said that, but, uh ... point being, I'm willing to voice such a venture.

Meow.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I'm not sure my Northern English accent would be suitable for video walk-throughs would be appropriate.

But I can try to vote more. I do from time to time. I will make more of an effort.
So we are clear though, I got to this game through word of mouth. I'd heard of it before from a few people and one day decided to give it a go. If the admins ever want me to fill out a survey or answer questions on improving contact between players or things that might be interesting to hook new players. I'd be willing to do so.

Still 12 votes behind on TMC. Come on people, snap to!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: valeria on January 23, 2014, 07:24:42 PM
I've never done video anything, I'd probably really suck at it.  But I WILL commit to voting all the time.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

So we've pulled ahead on TMC to #1.  My best guess is that TMC will NOT reset on February 1 (they tend to do two month cycles).  Provided we keep voting up we are set.

Everyone ready to take #2 on TMS?  We have about 2 days left before we start!  Get your calendar/reminder apps ready.  I'd love to see all 32 (33 counting Malken) of us voting as often as we say we are going to, which should inspire others!

For those not up to date on what that would mean:

If we had had 33 people voting twice per day since the start of this month and all other voting was equal on TMS, we would be at 1938 votes as of this minute, holding 2nd place by a margin of over 300 votes.
If we had 33 people voting once per day since the start of the month and all other voting was equal on TMC, we would be at 969 votes as of this minute, holding 1st place by a margin of over 300 votes (rather than our current margin of about 15).
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Any chance you could put a reminder on here like you do on the main page?
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

It's almost February!  Not that I didn't vote today, I'm just getting pumped  ;D

Curious. Is there a way for you guys to put a visible timer on the or around the voting button? For instance, You can vote on again in 5:34:07. I'd assume such a thing would simply read a cookie on your comp.

It is officially February 1st.  Go vote!
Quote from: Gimfalisette
The rest of you, if you see a blingy, buff brunette-blonde pair hanging out together pretty soon at your local bar, just...it's nothing. Move along. (Do not hit on them.)

WE ARE #2 RIGHT NOW.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on February 01, 2014, 02:40:39 AM
WE ARE #2 RIGHT NOW.

WE ARE #1 RIGHT NOW.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I shall vote the maximum amount per day on each site in February.

AND MY AXE
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan