Voting accountability for February

Started by Nyr, January 23, 2014, 09:11:16 AM

Are you willing to pledge yourself to step up and vote in February (twice per day on TMS, once per day on TMC)?

Yes
33 (80.5%)
No
8 (19.5%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: January 31, 2014, 09:31:32 AM

Keep this thread popping. Let it be the call for devotions!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I am doing this now.

Also I think it is a little amusing some people voted 'no' on the poll.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

PLEASE, GIVE ME YOUR VOTES!

(Anyone who watched it as a kid knows what I'm talking about.)
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Vote.... like a boss!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

We've fallen to #3 as Aardwolf and Materia Magica have gotten into the act.  Do more voting!
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

many votes
much need
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

We'll be fine if everyone who voted last night a little after midnight re-votes today at around midnight, but make sure that you re-vote at least a minute after you voted 12 hours ago or it won't count!

much complex
wow,
such votes,
wow.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

It's definitely a long-haul thing, especially for the first week (or even two).  Sustained voting results in bigger numbers over time.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

We're in 7th place.  But just 8 votes would put us at 3rd place.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

A long time ago I tried Aardwolf. At peak they have 220 players online. That will be hard to beat, voting wise, but I reckon we can get number four or five.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: Scarecrow on February 01, 2014, 05:33:36 PM
A long time ago I tried Aardwolf. At peak they have 220 players online. That will be hard to beat, voting wise, but I reckon we can get number four or five.

I've gone over this several times and I've pointed out this data in several places but I'll make it clear here once again:

--last year we maintained #2 in TMS for about 5 months straight so we know it is possible to be #2
--those same times we had upwards of about 2000 votes per month
--at the rates we are generally expecting for this month, we will end up with 1904 votes for this month if everyone votes twice per day on TMS
--1904 is lower than the typical 2000 per month I mentioned that we should get...this is because February has only 28 days in it
--competition is highest in the first few days/first two weeks (depending on how much other games vote), therefore it is difficult to get and maintain a lead without solid voting
--after a short while (again depending on competition) interest in voting seems to die off on all sides and positions are more solidified and it is easier to move up and gain a higher position
--we are not aiming for #1 because that is stupid, the goal is not to be #1 on TMS
--we are aiming to vote steadily the entire month, not just a massive amount at the beginning
--we are regularly #1 on TMC now and we can maintain voting at current rates to stay at #1 indefinitely

So yeah.  Just hang in there.  This is a marathon, not a sprint.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

We're falling seriously behind on TMS. Tighten up folks, get those votes in!!!
Grebber - One who grebs.

Don't forget to vote today!  We need a stronger lead on TMS!
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I did it! I did it!
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

You know how many votes we need to take 5th on TMS?  13.  So if even HALF the people who promised to be accountable for their voting this month voted right now, we could get two ranks.  ;D
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

And you see who's in fifth:  the game that we were like "oh man where did they come from and how are they in second place so far ahead of everyone" a week ago.

Are the 33 people who promised voting?

I am!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I was not able to promise the asked-for promise but I've been striving to vote on TMS at least once per day. (I was, in fact, one of the No votes.)

I am. Twice/day when I work.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I think I voted no just 'cause, but I'm still voting!

C'mon! Eight votes right now and we're in fifth again! None, and we stay in seventh!

Up to 6th. Vote off peakers, vote!

We could very easily take fifth place.  We just need six votes to do so!
Quote from: Gimfalisette
The rest of you, if you see a blingy, buff brunette-blonde pair hanging out together pretty soon at your local bar, just...it's nothing. Move along. (Do not hit on them.)