Code Suggestion

Started by DustMight, November 12, 2013, 09:20:33 PM

November 12, 2013, 09:20:33 PM Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 09:23:51 PM by DustMight
Remove wearable animals.
Please.

Edit to add: Or at least make them targetable with ranged weapons.

What's your reason?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on November 12, 2013, 09:23:44 PM
What's your reason?

Unadulterated hatred.
Or jealousy.
Nope. Just checked. Hatred.
:D

shoot songbird elf

Yesssssss!

They won't, but yes, I'd like this.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: DustMight on November 12, 2013, 09:27:34 PM
Quote from: Barsook on November 12, 2013, 09:23:44 PM
What's your reason?

Unadulterated hatred.
Or jealousy.
Nope. Just checked. Hatred.
:D

Is it because no one really uses them in roleplay?
Fredd-

^ they do, just when it's a convenient "I AM ONE WITH THE LAND" roleplay.  In a tavern? My hawk is awesome and I feed it. While wandering about in a sandstorm fleeing from raptors and hacking gith (or vice versa), that falcon is in invisible mode.

Edit: Mostly anecdotal, but I've seen like probably 200 pc's with animals worn in my years here. Of those, maybe I've seen 5 emotes ever related to the creatures.
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin

The figure in the dusty, bloodied burnt sandcloth duster is here.

<on left shoulder> a dusty, burned, bloody pink-polkadotted songbird

I would love to see them eliminated too. For the same reason.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

>put bird bag
Eat your fries with mayonnaise next time

Idea: Bird + Cage.  When the bird is in the cage, it is fine.  When outside of the cage it has a hidden timer that, once zero, causes the bird to fly away.  Combat, falling, and being in a sandstorm also cause the bird to fly away.

Quote from: Sephiroto on November 13, 2013, 09:11:41 PM
Idea: Bird + Cage.  When the bird is in the cage, it is fine.  When outside of the cage it has a hidden timer that, once zero, causes the bird to fly away.  Combat, falling, and being in a sandstorm also cause the bird to fly away.

As long as the cage doesn't fit in ANY sized backpack and can only be held loosely in inventory or held (or placed on a table or the ground, of course)...

I'd like to see people who -really and sincerely- want to have a pet falcon, or pet snake, or pet songbird, or pet whatever else, have to be somewhat inconvenienced in exchange for the privilege of keeping it in their possession 24/7.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: i love toilets on November 12, 2013, 10:53:03 PM
>put bird bag

>write bag
Dead Dove. Do Not Eat!

I always chuckle when I find bird objects in people's clan lockers.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Wearable cages from Kadius. Make it happen!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Yes.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on November 14, 2013, 05:39:21 PM

Yes.
Fredd-

Make their cloaks smelly from getting pooped on too. Or random pieces of gear.

I would like to see more an application to have these animals. Personally(I haven't figured out pets yet too newb) I would roleplay my pet being there because that is what should be happening. They are not a decoration, they are a live thing.

I'd like to see some way to use them for hunting or moving small items like notes or something. Hunting hawks and messenger birds. A pet that retrieves thrown weapons or bodies like a hunting dog. That would be really cool.

But that's just me. I can see why people would b frustrated by people not rping the pet or being silly with them. I'm neither for or against this.

Why all the hate for wearable snacks? Next thing you're going to be banning the edible thongs Blackwing markets.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

The dwarf Murdle was awesome rping with a caterpillar pet.

Quote from: Inks on December 23, 2013, 09:18:44 PM
The dwarf Murdle was awesome rping with a caterpillar pet.

"Don't put living things in the fire, it's cruel."
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

literal pet peeve
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I don't have a problem with these going away.

I don't see that they add much to the game if anything.

At best they are OOC'ly jarring once you enter situations where they aren't treated realistically.

At worst, most people just forget they have them until it is convenient, as mentioned above.

I am an offender of this and I admit it. I am horrible about forgetting I have a bird on my shoulder, so I try not to have them.

I am fine with the idea of having pets that aren't combat capable. So long as they are coded in a way that makes them less "what they are now". More realistic I guess.

I would even be fine with having some pets that are combat capable/follow you like a guard etc..etc..so long as they aren't over powered.

I would find it kind of cool to have a pet quirri that could follow you like an actual pet into tavern etc...etc...and would have realistic room echoes and what not.

A tamed domestic version of a gortok that would follow you and fight with you or whatever.

I don't think it is needed, but I can see how it would be fun for me personally.

Anyways, I am pro "getting rid of wearable pet items".
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I can get behind a tamed gortok as long as you can bring hunger code in effect to such a beast. Can you imagine having to constantly feed an animal like that to make sure he doesn't go feral in the middle of a tavern? And what would happen to you if he went feral in a tavern and bit a -noble-? WHOOPS.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

I am in the "Get rid of wearable pet items" camp...for all the reasons above and then some. And while we are at it...add in code to make that stupid trunk fall on the ground from that HG's inventory should he enter combat, ride with anything in his hands...starts crafting...casting etc. (only posted that because it is a -pet- peeve.

LOL.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job