Code Suggestion

Started by DustMight, November 12, 2013, 09:20:33 PM

Quote from: evilcabbage on December 26, 2013, 02:45:27 PM
I can get behind a tamed gortok as long as you can bring hunger code in effect to such a beast. Can you imagine having to constantly feed an animal like that to make sure he doesn't go feral in the middle of a tavern? And what would happen to you if he went feral in a tavern and bit a -noble-? WHOOPS.

I had something similar to this happen to one of my recent characters under the existing code. I was so surprised when she wasn't executed.

A long time ago Kadius had two pet gortok. I think they were only in Allanak though? It was over 10 years ago too.

in this thread: people requesting code changes for things that have absolutely no significant consequence on plots or the setting, in order to inconvenience some of the playerbase whose inconsequential distractions were mildly helpful for several little things such as: character development, biding their time in long boring moments, adding a tiny bit of variety to their RP when there weren't any other easy ways to think of doing it, and or making a tiny amount of frill money in the case of pet sellers.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Harmless on December 26, 2013, 05:28:26 PM
in this thread: people requesting code changes for things that have absolutely no significant consequence on plots or the setting, in order to inconvenience some of the playerbase whose inconsequential distractions were mildly helpful for several little things such as: character development, biding their time in long boring moments, adding a tiny bit of variety to their RP when there weren't any other easy ways to think of doing it, and or making a tiny amount of frill money in the case of pet sellers.

This.

Also, I played a noble with and owl, and roleplaying the care and hassle of owning a pet owl was one of the few things that kept me sane during the slow bits.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

I just realized Havok's avatar blinks every now and then.

I never once noticed it until just this moment.

I had to sit and watch it for a few more seconds to see it do it again just to make sure I wasn't losing my mind and seeing things.

Mindblown.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Another code suggestion (has nothing to do with pets but this is the code suggestion topic, not the pet suggestion topic, amirite?)

One of the graphics in Shaleah's promotion post looking for brothers inspired my interest in a new way to communicate:

Using synonyms for "says."

The example of now:

At your table, the dark man says, in sirihish, snappishly, his piercing blue gaze narrowing, "If you don't let me win this kruth game I will kill you."

The example of how it might be:

At your table, the dark man snaps, in sirihish, his piercing blue gaze narrowing, "If you don't let me win this kruth game I will kill you."

Possible syntax:

talk _snap_ (his piercing blue gaze narrowing) If you don't let me win this kruth game I will kill you.

Possible allowed substitutions for the "says" or "exclaims" or "asks" when using "tell," "talk," or "say":

snap, cry, trill, blurt, babble, admit, squeak, squawk, warn, hint, assert, advise, mimic, complain, comment, tease, cluck, sneeze, conclude, giggle, taunt, joke, sob, snarl, fret, chide, retort, wail, roar, protest, cheer, rant, query, ponder, inquire, puzzle

Benefits:
An added dimension to verbal-communicated roleplay (you no longer -have- to include tone of voice in the ( ) part of the talk, you can make it short and sweet with a single word as the actual method of conveying your character's voice).
More room to add other details to the emoted part of the communication (since you no longer have to say "in a whine," you now have room to add "pouting" or "arms crossed" or whatever else might not fit and cause you to get truncated if you're normally a very verbose emoter.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I dig this.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

A little song-bird Wounds you viciously in the eyeball! Taking it with him The little song-bird flys off chirping in a laugh-like tone :P
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: X-D on December 26, 2013, 03:51:14 PM
I am in the "Get rid of wearable pet items" camp...for all the reasons above and then some. And while we are at it...add in code to make that stupid trunk fall on the ground from that HG's inventory should he enter combat, ride with anything in his hands...starts crafting...casting etc. (only posted that because it is a -pet- peeve.

LOL.

Or at least make them wearable.on the back!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I was under the impression people wear certain pets because of a skill boost.  It never made sense to me so I didn't care for them.

shows what you know Kank :D

they wear pets because they're badasses!
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Also, sets you up for lines like asking people if they'd like to pet your snake.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: evilcabbage on December 28, 2013, 12:48:59 PM
shows what you know Kank :D

they wear pets because they're badasses!

Totally Badass!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

It makes it easier for him to eye little girls with bad intent.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on December 28, 2013, 01:30:32 PM
It makes it easier for him to eye little girls with bad intent.

Sitting on a white bench
Eyeing Tuluki bards with bad intent
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.