Felt the Urge

Started by Jbes, October 28, 2013, 04:54:41 PM

November 05, 2013, 02:59:06 PM #25 Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:00:39 PM by solera
QuoteDon't make fun of gamer direction sense! I'm in 12 years collectively and STILL couldn't navigate from Nak to Storm or Luir's or Tuluk. I'm lucky I can get from the Dragon to the dung seller. Don't even get me talking about navigating through Tuluk.

Me too, well probably only 6. But on the second character I had, I had the idea that Luirs was East of Tuluk. (he died ) . But I am still incapable of visualizing it the right way round, unless I have a map in front of me. I know where East is, I just can never get West in my mind. I'm better going heading out of Nak, if I keep looking at WES keys.  But within Nak , I still can't picture the Gaj being on the western side of the city.
It was difficult with my first bynner Guild Ranger, back when no one else could move in a storm.

Hah. I've seen a few starving PC's blocking the Byn gates!

Quote from: solera on November 05, 2013, 02:59:06 PM
But within Nak , I still can't picture the Gaj being on the western side of the city.

What?!?
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: ShaLeah on November 05, 2013, 04:04:55 PM
But within Nak , I still can't picture the Gaj being on the western side of the city.

What?!?

I've just checked. It is. On the left hand side of the map. Where as I picture it on the right.  Once I'm out the gate I'm right though....up and first turn right.

Quote from: solera on November 05, 2013, 10:36:51 PM

What?!?

I've just checked. It is. On the left hand side of the map. Where as I picture it on the right.  Once I'm out the gate I'm right though....up and first turn right.

That's strange. I do something similar with furniture locations and bar locations in certain rooms. I just imagine it in a certain place and it sticks there, then a week later I actually read the description and realize I'm wrong.

Quote from: solera on November 05, 2013, 10:36:51 PM

What?!?

When I first started playing I oriented East and West by which one was closer to the left or right side of my screen (west is right and east is left) on the available exit directions in the room title. I also played exclusively in Allanak.

Then years later I tried Tuluk, and by this time had decided to start reading a map properly so west was left and east was right.

Now, literally over a decade later I still picture everything south of Luirs as being the mirror image of it's actual location.