Wheelbarrows and carts

Started by Orin, September 03, 2013, 05:48:11 PM

September 03, 2013, 05:48:11 PM Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:28:02 PM by Orin
I don't know if it's been brought up before or not, but is it possible to buy/craft a cart or wheelbarrow in game? A quick search did not reveal anything like what I'm thinking.

There are NPC's which have ldesc's that indicate they use carts.  I wouldn't think it would be game breaking to add them.  A large stone, some wood, vine, cloth, etc. and you've got yourself a cart which you can pile items into.  This would save the lower strength PC's much time and effort.. I mean, that's what carts were designed for! On the other side, we already have mounts that can do this, but you can't bring a mount indoors most of the time.

I suggest carts/wheelbarrows be added into the game, that allow people to load them with items of any type.  When filled, perhaps there could be a command which attachs it to your character, forgoing all offense while it is in use.  You would have both of your hands on the cart, so it would make sense to have a tradeoff in order to move that many items.

Found something circa 2010 by Morgenes:
http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,37581.0.html
You notice: A war beetle squeezes out an Orin-sized ball of dung.

New Dwarf Focus:
Get my dwarf compatriots to make me three wheelbarrows to store inside of one room in my apartment. I will then proceed to use these wheelbarrows to have all my dwarf friends go out and grab every stone off the ground in the surrounding region and drag them back to that room. We shall then make stone thrones, tables, coffins, and doors out of said stones for the rest of our lives until our benevolent overlord sees fit to flood the region with magma to kill all the bahamet.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: bcw81 on September 03, 2013, 07:03:24 PM
New Dwarf Focus:
Get my dwarf compatriots to make me three wheelbarrows to store inside of one room in my apartment. I will then proceed to use these wheelbarrows to have all my dwarf friends go out and grab every stone off the ground in the surrounding region and drag them back to that room. We shall then make stone thrones, tables, coffins, and doors out of said stones for the rest of our lives until our benevolent overlord sees fit to flood the region with magma to kill all the bahamet.
Until of course you see a !!*pigtail sock*!! And cannot resist the urge to run out into the magma ridden wasteland. How !!fun!!