Mud down?

Started by HailTheAbyss, August 02, 2013, 11:04:07 PM

Have the MUD and website just gone down, or is it my computer or ISP being weird? Can't connect after getting disconnected, or get onto armageddon.org

Yes unreachable.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

It happens occasionally. It usually comes back fairly quickly.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Is it still down for others too?
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Yes still down.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

I have been trying to log in for 7 minutes now with nothing but timeout messages.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

EVERYONE FOCUS ON YOUR SCREEN AND REALLY REALLY WISH THE MUD COMES BACK UP AND IT WILL. REMEMBER YOU NEED TO OPEN YOURSELF UP TO THE UNIVERSE IN ORDER TO RECEIVE.

And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

The game is indeed unreachable at the moment.  We are contacting the provider to have them resolve the issue.  If I get an update for a time to resolution I will be sure to update everyone!

Hahahaah 10 minutes into the crash and peoples lives have already ended ^_^

(I am repeatedly hitting connect too don't worry)
A staff member sends:
     "You can quit ooc - or if you want I can kill <character name>, that'd definitely reset it."

Adhira: "From now on, for 3 hours in the heart of Friday Night, the game will be shut off to encourage you to develop normal human interactions"
> who
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 0 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

"Only the Lonely" - Roy Orbison

At least it gives me time to get back to my rich and wholesome personal life.

OH GOD PLEASE COME BACK!!!!  :D
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Geez, nobody remembers Saturday Downtime? Kids these days.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I'm in serious danger of leaving my place and going out.

............OH GOD PLEASE COME BACK

Quote from: JackGibbons on August 02, 2013, 11:23:58 PM
Adhira: "From now on, for 3 hours in the heart of Friday Night, the game will be shut off to encourage you to develop normal human interactions"

How dare you!!!  Friday night is the most important lazy arm night of them all!
A staff member sends:
     "You can quit ooc - or if you want I can kill <character name>, that'd definitely reset it."

Quote from: LauraMars on August 02, 2013, 11:25:11 PM
............OH GOD PLEASE COME BACK

PLEASE EMOTE EMOTE EMOTE EMOTE EMOTE PULLLEAAAZEEE.

Wait...I don't understand. My human interactions were going just fine before the game crashed. So were my half-elf interactions!

Are there other sorts of interactions that I'm unaware of, here?

Quote from: FreeRangeVestric on August 02, 2013, 11:26:06 PM

Wait...I don't understand. My human interactions were going just fine before the game crashed. So were my half-elf interactions!

you must be one with the half-giant

Oh it's quakecon steam sale weekend...

But mom, I don't wanna go outside!!!!
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Is sleeping dogs good? it's only $6 on steam.

Sounds like a good time for everyone to go vote.  ;D

Quote from: Hicksville Hoochie on August 02, 2013, 11:28:25 PM

Quote from: razorback on August 02, 2013, 11:27:01 PM

But mom, I don't wanna go outside!!!!

If playing Arm has taught me anything, it's that staying indoors at all times is the key to a prolonged, fully-limbed life.

Quote from: Hicksville Hoochie on August 02, 2013, 11:28:25 PM
Did. Done. Wanna do it again!
A staff member sends:

YOLO

I don't think I'll be able to get over the loss of that delicious cake I threw on the grill.
Whatever happens, happens.

Quote from: LauraMars on August 02, 2013, 11:30:22 PM
YOLO

>say (hairless brow furrowing deeply down in a shelf over ^me eyes, giving a gruff grunt) Aye?

I'm falling asleep in front of my computer so when arm is back up Ill be ready to play.

Well the game is down. Back to the old fun game of drinking beer and throwing the cans at my wife and kids all night.
Just having fun.

Quote from: Yolo the dorf on August 02, 2013, 11:34:53 PM
Quote from: LauraMars on August 02, 2013, 11:30:22 PM
YOLO

>say (hairless brow furrowing deeply down in a shelf over ^me eyes, giving a gruff grunt) Aye?

Line too long and filled with emote commands for a dwarf. Truncated to:

Grunting, the gruff, buff dwarf says, in gruff-accented sirihish:
'Aye?'

Good, I needed an excuse to drink rum and (not) write a character report.

Quote from: Wday on August 02, 2013, 11:35:35 PM
Well the game is down. Back to the old fun game of drinking beer and throwing the cans at my wife and kids all night.

Wait, you JUST realized it was down?
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on August 02, 2013, 11:37:43 PM
Good, I needed an excuse to drink rum and (not) write a character report.
Pshht. The reports are better written in drunkenese.
A staff member sends:

change ldesc is here, freaking you out.

I guess I'll write those character biographies I've been postponing.

It seems, than, that even when you can't play Armageddon, you're still playing Armageddon.

Quote from: LauraMars on August 02, 2013, 11:41:59 PM

Wow, look at the wings on that fella!
A staff member sends:

Well, f me. Friday night with no Arma. Time to play minecraft.

He just flew from CA to NY and boy are his ears tired.

I'll try logging on from next door and see if that helps.
Just having fun.

Quote from: Wday on August 02, 2013, 11:45:44 PM

Kind of futile since staff has already said there is a problem with the server's ISP. But have fun.

I'm fairly sure I'm not in your house and I'm having the same problem. So that may not help.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on August 02, 2013, 11:48:11 PM

Kind of futile since staff has already said there is a problem with the server's ISP. But have fun.

Oh, I missed it. Where'd they say that?
> who
Immortals
---------

Come to Teamspeak!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: JackGibbons on August 02, 2013, 11:50:23 PM
Quote from: slvrmoontiger on August 02, 2013, 11:48:11 PM

Oh, I missed it. Where'd they say that?

Lag topic.

... then a few months later....

"Crap, I've got like 80 biographies I need to write. Eh, time to go fuck around on minecraft I guess..."  :-X

okay, next door didnt work so i will go down to Mcdonalds and try, from there to my dad's house then over to desertmans. I may need gas money though
Just having fun.

Quote from: Wday on August 02, 2013, 11:58:31 PM
okay, next door didnt work so i will go down to Mcdonalds and try, from there to my dad's house then over to desertmans. I may need gas money though

>tell wday (sighing deeply) I give up, have fun.

So, Saturday starts earlier today?

Hope it actually crashed and my PC is not there starving!

Quote from: KankWhisperer on August 03, 2013, 12:02:23 AM
Hope it actually crashed and my PC is not there starving!

Worse your PC got dehydrated and then run over by a mek. Thank you for playing though, please try again.

Her shifty, dark shadowed eyes flickering about with paranoia as she walks up to the Shady Ginka, the occasional twisting twitch of her neck jerking her head to the side, speaking lowly, the mantis-tatted woman says in sirihish:

"Hey man, you got the goods? Huh? Huh? I neeeeeed my fix."

Bringing her bare, track-marked arms up to her chest, twiddling her fingers together obsessively, the mantis-tatted woman says in sirihish:

"C'mon man, just a liiiittle push, I've got my needle, spoon, and candle ready and waitin'."
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

Quote from: Wday on August 02, 2013, 11:58:31 PM

Pick us up some cheezeburgahs

Progress: The website is back up, connection requests to the game are immediate rejections now instead of forever long timeouts.
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

I can't take the rejection!

I'm off to bed :)

TOMORROW ARM SHALL RISE AGAIN.

Nooooo please don't reject me.

Quote from: janeshephard on August 03, 2013, 12:21:50 AM
I'm off to bed :)

TOMORROW ARM SHALL RISE AGAIN.

Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Hmm, it looks like the VPS provider is InterServer, and they don't have any RFO posted, or mention of the issue on their twitter.

http://www.interserver.net/

https://twitter.com/interserver/

#SmugCompetitorsEmployeeFace
> who
Immortals
---------

Oh my god-king its an elf.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Aww, kids finish soccer...lunch all finished, down for a nap/tv finally.

Time for Arm! Nope.

August 03, 2013, 12:56:52 AM #63 Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 01:14:02 AM by molly millions
For sure, this was going to be my big day for arming, but back to the grindstone it is without my thrillz.

Cleaned the shit out of my house in the meantime! :D

Edit: LOL nevermind, I can be a nerd on Arma for a bit, thanks!! Imms rock!!

The server was down.   The game should be up now!

who
Immortals
---------

There are 10 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

ooc 10th
You say, out of character:
     "10th"
> who
Immortals
---------

Second.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

August 03, 2013, 02:23:28 AM #67 Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 02:25:11 AM by BleakOne
Still not letting me in.

EDIT: Nevermind, letting me in now.

This is unfortunate. For reasons unknown to me, the crash rolled back part of the world. See http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,45964.msg770199.html#new

Tektolnes is just showing off.

Put the volcano in, put the volcano out, put the volcano in, and you shake it all about.

Quote from: Wug on August 03, 2013, 03:05:21 AM
This is unfortunate. For reasons unknown to me, the crash rolled back part of the world. See http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,45964.msg770199.html#new
Is this fixed now?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Yes.

Hmm...I am still getting 'security error' on the website's java client, which I prefer to use, but can log on fine on another client. Anyone have an idea what's causing that problem?

What sort of security error? Is it being thrown by the browser, your antivirus, or some other tpa? Details.

Quote from: FreeRangeVestric on August 03, 2013, 05:33:19 PM
Hmm...I am still getting 'security error' on the website's java client, which I prefer to use, but can log on fine on another client. Anyone have an idea what's causing that problem?

I think now and again a crash, which we had recently, can screw with the java client.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: FreeRangeVestric on August 03, 2013, 05:33:19 PM

AFAIK applets can only connect back to where they're loaded from. Unless you have other settings on.

I'm having the same problem with the main website's Fmud client thing. Works fine on other clients.

Arm needs a new engine.

Quote from: Wastrel on August 03, 2013, 06:26:16 PM
Arm needs a new engine.

What do you have against hamster-wheels man?

I've restarted the FMud client.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Morgenes on August 03, 2013, 09:34:18 PM
I've restarted the FMud client.

Thank you.  :)

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on August 03, 2013, 06:38:03 PM
Quote from: Wastrel on August 03, 2013, 06:26:16 PM
Arm needs a new engine.

What do you have against hamster-wheels man?

This made me lol.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Anyone know what the shutdown is about? Don't see a staff announce post.
> who
Immortals
---------

Quote from: JackGibbons on August 05, 2013, 03:01:21 PM
Anyone know what the shutdown is about? Don't see a staff announce post.

We usually don't put up any announcements for reboots since it takes moments to reboot.  In this case, we rebooted earlier today to do maintenance, and rebooted just now in order to make sure a new area of the game stays "in the game" after reboots.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Oh it's all set already? Great, thanks :)
> who
Immortals
---------