More apartments?

Started by Antigone, May 11, 2013, 05:36:16 PM

Quote from: Zoan on May 15, 2013, 04:07:30 PM
apartments in cenyr pls

;D  Why hold back, let's plan an apartment highrise in Cenyr!

(Freakin' %^$#*%, it's not that I can't find my keys, I can't find the freaking town...)
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Just use the shelter.

Oh wait, its gone.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

More apartments = more hoarding = more giant piles of crappycrap for burgs to sift through = more chance for burgs to find stuff that'll help 'em survive = longer lived burgs = higher skilled burgs! = eLiTe high-class independents getting their really GOOD crappycrap swag stole by NINJAS = more work for Silky Merchant Types to sell new swaggyswag = more significance for Silky Merchant Type roles = more dusty underling types bringin' in the goods = less independents screwing up the economy = FUN.

robble robble 

How about apartments in luirs, but only Kurac can rent them?  :)
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on May 15, 2013, 11:36:16 PM
How about apartments in luirs, but only Kurac can rent them?  :)

On the one hand, I think this is plausible.

On the other hand, I think it would further fragment an already dispersed playerbase in Luir's.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

apartments in cenyr pls

You know what...? This would actually be awesome.

An apartment-object with the sdesc "a gathering of tents/etc." with a tribal guard and tribal keykeeper. Maybe 4-6 apartments for your random nomad/exiles/travelers/etc.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on May 15, 2013, 11:38:22 PM
apartments in cenyr pls

You know what...? This would actually be awesome.

An apartment-object with the sdesc "a gathering of tents/etc." with a tribal guard and tribal keykeeper. Maybe 4-6 apartments for your random nomad/exiles/travelers/etc.

How about no to this, but yes to more hidden caves, nooks and crannies with quit and save flags, especially that have both and can fit a mount?  Your nomad or friendly neighborhood mul should be using these instead to store their junk.

I wish the subguild thread was still open.  I want a "wilderness builder" subguild with the sole purpose of creating these.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Quote from: zanthalandreams on May 15, 2013, 09:16:10 PM
More apartments = more hoarding = more giant piles of crappycrap for burgs to sift through = more chance for burgs to find stuff that'll help 'em survive = longer lived burgs = higher skilled burgs! = eLiTe high-class independents getting their really GOOD crappycrap swag stole by NINJAS = more work for Silky Merchant Types to sell new swaggyswag = more significance for Silky Merchant Type roles = more dusty underling types bringin' in the goods = less independents screwing up the economy = FUN.

robble robble 

this made me chuckle i like you 8)

Quote from: Lizzie on May 12, 2013, 04:39:04 PM
Quote from: Harmless on May 12, 2013, 05:30:12 AM
Be the change, I like the sound of that!

As for Luir's, that place sees plenty of foot traffic, but I agree, would be nice to safely store shit there... I think even shorter-term storage would be ideal. I can see people wanting to pay 50 to 100 coins for an easy lockbox.

Can we code a way for people to have access to lockboxes? Searchable by the Fist, of course. No privacy, just safe storage. Kurac would make a killing..

Kurac would make an even better killing if they told you "just put it on the table there, we'll watch it for ya."

It isn't Kurac's job to watch your shit. They are not your mama, or your landlord. The merchants sell Kurac-specific shit. The soldiers are members of an ARMY. They are not cops or doormen or concierges.

Kurac is also a business, and filling a couple of rooms with boxes is easy; I imagine it'd be pretty profitable, as well.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Quote from: Mood on May 18, 2013, 11:45:11 PM

As for Luir's, that place sees plenty of foot traffic, but I agree, would be nice to safely store shit there... I think even shorter-term storage would be ideal. I can see people wanting to pay 50 to 100 coins for an easy lockbox.

Can we code a way for people to have access to lockboxes? Searchable by the Fist, of course. No privacy, just safe storage. Kurac would make a killing..

Kurac would make an even better killing if they told you "just put it on the table there, we'll watch it for ya."

It isn't Kurac's job to watch your shit. They are not your mama, or your landlord. The merchants sell Kurac-specific shit. The soldiers are members of an ARMY. They are not cops or doormen or concierges.

Kurac is also a business, and filling a couple of rooms with boxes is easy; I imagine it'd be pretty profitable, as well.

Until one side learns that they allow [redacted] to *live* in their outpost. And then all hell will break loose. It's bad enough that they tolerate those types doing trade there. It's another thing entirely to give those types privacy, and locked doors.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Refugee on May 11, 2013, 06:54:48 PM
Be kind of neat if you could rent a room in Luirs for an ingame week at a time.

How about just renting a tent for a few weeks for those travelers and hunters going through and no place to put their stuff?

Quote from: Zephy on May 19, 2013, 09:09:27 AM
Quote from: Refugee on May 11, 2013, 06:54:48 PM
Be kind of neat if you could rent a room in Luirs for an ingame week at a time.

How about just renting a tent for a few weeks for those travelers and hunters going through and no place to put their stuff?

They could join a clan and travel by wagon.

How about travelers and hunters who don't have wagon access, not bringing so much stuff if they're planning on staying awhile?
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Mood on May 18, 2013, 11:45:11 PM

Or just put a couple tarps out in the bailey and have a few fist watch them.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: Zephy on May 19, 2013, 09:09:27 AM

In a world as rough and tumble as Zalanthas, it's hard to imagine hunters having more stuff than they can carry on a couple of mounts - and they should be able to quit out with two or three mounts hitched on them. That alleviates one aspect of needing more apartments.

Next, should a hunter want to stay in-game but leave his mounts someplace safe, it would be cool if he could just stable his mount with things packed on it (changing the stabling code) and receive the mount back after stabling with all gear intact.  Maybe the cost of stabling a loaded mount is more (perhaps 50 coins).

That should alleviate the problem of a hunter not being able to store his stuff - as he can have multiple mounts stored.  Of course, if he doesn't come back in a timely fashion (say a month or more) to unstable the mount, perhaps the mount gets sold along with the gear as the stablemaster would assume the hunter took an arrow to the head.

Needing more space than that and the hunter isn't really a hunter any longer and isn't really playing in a resource scarce world, IMO.

A traveling merchant or tinker ought to bring along a group of mounts (perhaps four or five) and have a similar setup, I suppose.  I could see them requiring easier access to their gear for sale and showcasing, so renting an area under a tarp with a couple of guards might be interesting. Requiring some authorization for such rental spots would be a nice touch - giving a benefit to the indy merchants or those who know Cavalish.

I'm not sold on the need for more apartments.

neither am I.

Though I could see Nenyuk opening lockers.

Makes me wonder why they have not already. Say, 400 coins a month, holds 100 stone.

Makes more sense then them renting apartments really...in the space of a 1 room they get 250 for they could put at least 10 lockers.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I really like the idea of lockers with keys, inside of the banks themselves.  A safety deposit room.

Why would Nenyuk do lockers when they already hold items for you in their vault.

> rent necklace
(When used in a Nenyuk bank, this will store the object in their vaults,
and you will be given a claim ticket for the item, which can be presented
when you want to reclaim.  Be aware that Nenyuk charges 100 obsidian for
such a service.)
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Quote from: InsertCleverNameHere on May 20, 2013, 05:24:02 PM
Why would Nenyuk do lockers when they already hold items for you in their vault.

> rent necklace
such a service.)

That only works on jewelry-like items.
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

Quote from: Riya OniSenshi on May 20, 2013, 05:26:41 PM
Quote from: InsertCleverNameHere on May 20, 2013, 05:24:02 PM

> rent necklace
such a service.)

That only works on jewelry-like items.

No kidding? Well. Nevermind!
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Quote from: X-D on May 20, 2013, 10:55:11 AM
neither am I.

Though I could see Nenyuk opening lockers.

Makes me wonder why they have not already. Say, 400 coins a month, holds 100 stone.

Makes more sense then them renting apartments really...in the space of a 1 room they get 250 for they could put at least 10 lockers.

I like this idea. But that's coming from a person who sees apartments as nothing other than expensive storage lockers, and an average of ten pcs logging in every night in that city hold keys to that lock. Also, three of them are breaking into your apartment on a nighty or bi-nightly basis. The current apartment situation is exactly why I don't play rogues who practice in their apartments, not if that's not how I want to get caught.