SMF Calendar and Subforums

Started by Bushranger, May 04, 2013, 05:56:27 AM

Is it possible to set up SMF with calendars specific to target boards? I've seen that SMF has a calendar which is usually accessed from the main menu for the entire forum, and there are also mods for SMF calendars, but I don't know if there are any that can be used like this:

The calendar is accessed by clicking on the main menu calendar button as usual but you only see events if you are subscribed to the target board where the even thread has been created. If you are subscribed to the Kadius board you can create an event linked to a thread on the Kadius board about it and everyone else from the Kadius board can see it on the calendar and follow the link, others not on that board can't see it.

Does anyone know of such a mod?

I ask because I think it would be great if you could click on the calendar and quickly see the date/time and have a link to upcoming events for the clans you are subscribed to, especially for staff so they can look at the calendar and see it all laid out for all their clans without the need to flip back and forth between clan boards to sort it all out.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I was thinking about this as well. It would be good for a lot of clans, rather than a post every time there is an RPT, and then you forget because its not "new" the day of, or the thread gets cluttered with chat while the time shifts around to accommodate other playtimes.

The permissions would be a tough thing to do, and might require more work staff-side to set it up so that only Leaders can post or modify or something, but does anyone else think it would be easier?

If there's no mod, what about a Google calendar or something similar?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I don't think permissions would need to be restricted to leaders. Even minions can organize their own mini-RPT events and post it as a thread on the board now so why not allow them to add this to the calender too?
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Awesome idea.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

May 04, 2013, 10:01:59 AM #4 Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:07:56 AM by Agent_137
hah, screw mods. I just made one using the table code a few days ago. It's easy to change and update.

Two ways to manage it:
1. If a leader wants tight control, he can make a post, edit as things change, and comment when it's up to date.

2. If multiple people need to manage, just make a post with it, and then when it needs to change quote the previous post, and add in the changes.

Example:

Sunday          Monday          Tuesday         Wednesday       Thursday        Friday          Saturday        
Cool event
Where stuff
happens.
9:30pm.

Another
Great
Event
9:40pm
Fun Times
At this event
11am

Sunday