Voting for the Month of May! Voting reset at midnight Eastern time!

Started by Nyr, April 30, 2013, 02:16:12 PM

Quote from: LauraMars on May 06, 2013, 11:34:59 AM
Does voting from multiple devices actually do anything?

Only if they use different IP addresses.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Talking about ways to cheat the system probably isn't a good idea.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on May 06, 2013, 11:40:48 AM
Talking about ways to cheat the system probably isn't a good idea.

Yeah.

We can hold second if everyone who reads the gdb votes.

Quote from: Malken on May 06, 2013, 11:37:50 AM
Quote from: LauraMars on May 06, 2013, 11:34:59 AM
Does voting from multiple devices actually do anything?

Only if they use different IP addresses.

Even then, it probably still qualifies as cheating. The rules say "How often can I vote? ...Your vote will count only once every 12 hours." This implies to me that it's one vote per person, not one vote per IP address that person has access to.

It goes on to imply that inflating your vote is cheating, and that warnings and bans get assessed to Armageddon, not the voter.

Oh yeah, sorry everyone, I did not meant to make it sound like I was approving of such, it was just in answer to a post that Boog made about how we should vote from every devices we own. I was just saying that it was a bit futile to do so, and that remembering to vote every 12 hours ONCE is a lot more effective.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Well there are two people in my house who play Armageddon and could conceivably vote, but since we have the same IP address, we can really only vote once.  That's why I was asking.

Maybe they should say "your household's vote will count once every 12 hours."
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on May 06, 2013, 01:59:06 PM
Well there are two people in my house who play Armageddon and could conceivably vote, but since we have the same IP address, we can really only vote once.  That's why I was asking.

Maybe they should say "your household's vote will count once every 12 hours."

Well, Malken is guessing about the IP address issue. TMS only states that there is "a script that stops someone from inflating their votes." They could have a cap of 2 or 3 votes per 12 hours per IP. But obviously putting that in the rules would just make it easy to game the system.

Maybe they combine cookie tracking with IP tracking. Maybe it's only cookie tracking. It's likely just IP tracking, but who really knows. Best bet is to just follow the spirit of the rules and each of you vote from wherever you are once per 12 hours. Worst case is one of you wastes 4 seconds of effort daily.

On TMC Aardwolf is on a mission and moving up fast. We should not neglect to vote there every day.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Ok, I voted, can I play now? If so, I might vote again.   ;)

EDIT: Ugh... Just read the TOS for Aardwolf. Yech. No kill stealing, no cursing...

12) Miscellaneous. General trouble making.

I probably wouldn't last a week here.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Fujikoma on May 09, 2013, 02:40:37 PM

EDIT: Ugh... Just read the TOS for Aardwolf. Yech. No kill stealing, no cursing...

General trouble making?

They wouldn't last a week in the Byn, let alone on our mud, LOL.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I almost forgot to vote. Don't forget to vote!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Fujikoma on May 09, 2013, 02:40:37 PM

Also, they have a curse channel, specific for profinity >.<
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Yes, you can't get this kind of quality anywhere else.

Only here on Armageddon are people mortified by the prospect of a half-elf being conceived by anything BUT rape.

This is what we're voting to preserve. It's our way of life.
Alea iacta est

Hey, the TMC website has an Armageddon logo now - finally!  By the way, vote.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Yep, after more than a year of trying I finally got it to work!
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

I saw that. I was like: FINALLY!
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

:)

I am happy to see it as well.  Glad they finally fixed their uploader.  Maybe you have to be #1 to make it work.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

To nitpick, but if its background matched the color of the website background, that would be splendid.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on May 15, 2013, 01:32:32 PM
To nitpick, but if its background matched the color of the website background, that would be splendid.

It would be.   Right now I don't have the time/energy to make a new image.  Since it managed to actually work that is good enough for me right now.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

I don't know why, but I keep getting the feeling that Aardwolf is somehow cheating on Top Mud Sites.

Quote from: Fujikoma on May 17, 2013, 03:18:05 PM
I don't know why, but I keep getting the feeling that Aardwolf is somehow cheating on Top Mud Sites.
They are the ones who run TMS, therefor they always make their site number one through methods unavailable to us.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: bcw81 on May 17, 2013, 03:28:24 PM
Quote from: Fujikoma on May 17, 2013, 03:18:05 PM
They are the ones who run TMS, therefor they always make their site number one through methods unavailable to us.

Wow....

I'll have to admit I doubted that this was the case so I dug a little.

topmudsites.com is registered in a way that hides all names associated with the registration:  No hints there.

Aardwolf is registered to:

Domain Name:AARDWOLF.ORG
Registrant Name:Derek Prueitt

topmudsites' IP address is:

This IP range is a direct allocation of IP block to TMS:
network:IP-Network-Block:68.233.245.223
network:Org-Name:Prueitt, Derek

So, yeah.  That's kinda a clear indication that this is actually a might be a possibility but by all means draw your own conclusions  ;)

Edited to add:  Oh and vote anyway, this just means that #2 might actually be #1 for all practical purposes!
Nothing to see here

Well, Armageddon is kinda, sorta kicking their asses on the other site, meanwhile they have a thousand more votes than anyone else on topmudsites, so yeah...

I mean, I said approve my character and I might vote again, so I'm voting, I just think it's fucked they think that's acceptable behavior. Must be run by a bunch of filthy neckers.