Discussion of Changes to ArmageddonMUD

Started by Adhira, March 31, 2013, 01:34:50 PM

Quote from: TheBadSeed on April 01, 2013, 12:22:54 AM
Thirteen pages, and I'm still laughing.
;D
I'm facepalming mostly though :P
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

The new website is too sexy to comply with the new family-friendly rules.

On a more serious note: I said this in another thread, but I'm actually really excited about the idea of a new player chat channel.  I feel like if we want new players to remain in the mud, the onus should be on the current playerbase and staff to reach out to newbies, not the other way around.  Many times, a newbie does not even know they need help.  I think Armageddon has come a long way in this regard (the comm chat system for example) but I still think the in game ooc channel idea is great.  

The community of Armageddon is amazing, but the setting is harsh and unforgiving, and having a helper right on the spot to answer questions from the first login will help a lot of new players, I think.

Please don't be part of any kind of joke, Newbie Chat Channel! :(
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: Zoan on March 31, 2013, 11:26:18 PM
Why does everyone have to declare their knowledge of an April Fools prank every time one happens? You're supposed to be kayfabe so those who don't realize get tricked.

I agree.  The Staff need to have their fun too.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

On a slightly related note, it is now April. Continuing to vote, would continue a trend of IG awesomeness.
Quote from: Scarecrow on February 21, 2014, 04:45:46 PMIn Zalanthas, people don't dig graves with shovels, they dig them with their own tongues.

oh fuck this shit. Like seriously, people mudsex, it helps with characterisation. People swear too. It's pretty shitty we have to do this whole 'think of the children' crap in a world with rotting corpses everywhere, offscreen paedophilia, people murdering each other...

whatever, I'm burnt out and was just coming back, but I shouldn't have bothered. Not going to waste my time with this crap.

Just move on Case. Unless staff turn over this new policy nobody is going to even be playing in a month.

R.I.P. Armageddon

http://mudstats.com/World/ShangrilaMUSH
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: Case on April 01, 2013, 01:19:19 AM
oh fuck this shit. Like seriously, people mudsex, it helps with characterisation. People swear too. It's pretty shitty we have to do this whole 'think of the children' crap in a world with rotting corpses everywhere, offscreen paedophilia, people murdering each other...

whatever, I'm burnt out and was just coming back, but I shouldn't have bothered. Not going to waste my time with this crap.

Calma mi hija. Pretty sure that staff are joking about the whole PG thing. Check the new website. I think that is the only change they are introducing.

April 01, 2013, 02:06:47 AM #334 Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:06:06 AM by Namino
Anyone who wishes to show solidarity with Is Friday and myself can adopt the official Masturbation Coalition protest signature.

It's all a joke.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: Kaineus on April 01, 2013, 01:47:03 AM

Calma mi hija. Pretty sure that staff are joking about the whole PG thing. Check the new website. I think that is the only change they are introducing.

It was posting in March.  It's not a joke.

The person who posted it, posted it on April 1st in their country. Seriously...this is a joke. I knew it was a joke three minutes into reading it. Pikachu is on the login screen today, and some of my skills are listed as "lolzor" and "peachy keen". It's a joke.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

I still snicker when some of my stats are oblierating.

Quote from: Scarecrow on April 01, 2013, 02:32:26 AM
The person who posted it, posted it on April 1st in their country. Seriously...this is a joke. I knew it was a joke three minutes into reading it. Pikachu is on the login screen today, and some of my skills are listed as "lolzor" and "peachy keen". It's a joke.

You are bad at the internet and humor.

I'm too busy hanging out with my actual girlfriend to read all the posts here but I feel this is an overwhelmingly positive direction for the MUD.

What's the problem with "maiden," though?
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

April 01, 2013, 03:08:27 AM #341 Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 03:12:29 AM by Calavera
I went out of town. And I come back to this. WHAT. THE. HECK. I'm calling my union rep.

Edited by Calavera for profanity!
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

I edited a post in this thread for profanity, as staff should really know better and should work harder at setting a more PG and newbie-friendly example on our boards.
QuoteCalavera,

Your Shoot Me In The Head request has been resolved. We do not have sufficient ammunition to process your request at this time.

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Calavera on April 01, 2013, 03:13:32 AM
I edited a post in this thread for profanity, as staff should really know better and should work harder at setting a more PG and newbie-friendly example on our boards.

Thank you.  I appreciate your hard work.

Quote from: maxid on April 01, 2013, 03:14:22 AM

It's not easy expressing yourself without falling into the trap of vulgarity.
QuoteCalavera,

Your Shoot Me In The Head request has been resolved. We do not have sufficient ammunition to process your request at this time.

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Sorry, guys. I'm packing my bags. This PG *bleep* is just too much for me. I was raised in the veteran school of hard knox. I came from a dying breed of gamers that I see have clearly overstayed their welcome. See ya.
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

Quote from: Calavera on April 01, 2013, 03:15:39 AM

I know, but I am looking forward to the very positive change in direction that the MUD has taken.  If you need people to go through and help edit profanity, please do let me know.  I feel I can add a very positive Christian touch to this MUD.

Quote from: maxid on April 01, 2013, 03:18:37 AM
Quote from: Calavera on April 01, 2013, 03:15:39 AM

I know, but I am looking forward to the very positive change in direction that the MUD has taken.  If you need people to go through and help edit profanity, please do let me know.  I feel I can add a very positive Christian touch to this MUD.

Hm. Looks like we just got a vacancy.
QuoteCalavera,

Italis
Armageddon Staff

I like this thread because it identifies all the gullible people who play the game for mudsex.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.