Discussion of Changes to ArmageddonMUD

Started by Adhira, March 31, 2013, 01:34:50 PM

In the interest of actual Solidarity, I would like to recommend the masturbation sit-in be held not in the Sanctuary, but in some Neutral place, so that -all- denizens of the Known can attend.

Luirs seems a natural choice, we can get spiced up too.

Quote from: Calavera on April 01, 2013, 03:20:30 AM
Hm. Looks like we just got a vacancy.

I'll forward my staff application promptly.

Quote from: HavokBlue on April 01, 2013, 03:37:06 AM
I like this thread because it identifies all the gullible people who play the game for mudsex.

Yup, my life is sad and lonely.

I only get karma when I RP half elves.  :'(

If this turns out to be a joke, I'm quitting this game. I just came back from a period of relative inactivity but found myself once again being driven away by all of the constant mudsexxx and profanity that spews from every single PC I walk past in the game. I found myself drifting away once again but this announcement made me so excited that all of the problems with the game were going to suddenly vanish.

To have that carrot dangled and taken away? What a hot pocker in the eye. What a vibrating, shivering meat shoved up my loose, quavering cavity. I'm out if this was all a joke.

Quote from: Kaineus on March 31, 2013, 10:17:27 PM
I love that the majority of the players who are unironically pissed about this announcement are players who I know to be female. If anything gets between these lusty ladies and their mud lovin',  the whole player base will suffer.

Words fail me.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Malken on April 01, 2013, 12:02:11 AM
That's not an april's fool:

http://www.armageddon.org/

Nice.

Oh my goodness! That's LOVELY!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Kaineus on March 31, 2013, 10:17:27 PM
I love that the majority of the players who are unironically pissed about this announcement are players who I know to be female. If anything gets between these lusty ladies and their mud lovin',  the whole player base will suffer.

I don't see what being female has to do with it, at all.

It's more about some people not wanting to give up all the adult content (torture, extreme violence, and yes, sex) and cheapen the game in exchange for a few warm bodies hunched over their keyboards typing >kill scrab.

Any kind of censorship in this medium is more likely to turn people off the game then reel them in.

Quote from: HavokBlue on April 01, 2013, 03:37:06 AM
I like this thread because it identifies all the gullible people who play the game for mudsex.

You should give it a go, it builds character ;)

Like I get this is a joke... but still, hard not to call people on some of this stuff.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

Censorship is the wrong word. The game is not a publishing platform. In a MUD, once something has been said or emoted, everyone who was meant to read it has read it. Pretty much by definition, you can't censor it (without automatic filters of some kind). Yes, a big part of the game's appeal is the flexibility to roleplay any situation without constraints but those within the game world itself. But we already have certain OOC constraints anyway, so it's not like adding another thing or two to the list is that big a deal...

...unless, somehow, mudsex or extreme torture are core elements of why you enjoy the game. For those of us who see that stuff as peripheral rather than the main attraction, yes, it's kind of funny to see people overreact and make posts apparently equating graphic apartment mudsex with the game's core grittiness and difficulty.

Of course it's hard to tell whose reactions are serious and who is just playing along with the joke.

isFriday is totally serious.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on April 01, 2013, 08:53:07 AM
...unless, somehow, mudsex or extreme torture are core elements of why you enjoy the game. For those of us who see that stuff as peripheral rather than the main attraction, yes, it's kind of funny to see people overreact and make posts apparently equating graphic apartment mudsex with the game's core grittiness and difficulty.

They're absolutely integral to the game to me, for no reason other then Armageddon is in a lot of ways the only place where 'it can happen', it being the entire gauntlet of the terrible and monstrous.

I think the biggest misunderstanding is people jump to assume 'graphic apartment mudsex' is the entire reason some people get riled up, but the impression I get is the people getting upset simply do not want to give up a scrap of what sets the game so far apart from others of the type. Every RP mud wants you think it's hardcore (heh), but Armageddon actually delivers.

From romps to cutting someones face off, I would not want any of it to go, for any reason.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

Quote from: Vwest on April 01, 2013, 09:25:33 AM
A bunch of words about textual boning and cutting people up.

Censorship is still the wrong word.   It's almost an offensive use of that word, actually.

One of my favorite characters only lasted a couple RL days and died by being drawn and quartered in Nak by a Templar after being magically lifted and dropped a couple times from a very high tower.

I guess now they'd be tickled to death and made to listen to Celine Dion.

What will happen to the Sun Runners?  I guess they'll be rebooted to being the Jehovah's Runners...spreading the word really really quickly, wearing staid colors, like tan and taupe and drinking only the mildest of beverages, such as tea, milk or water and they'll have chastity circles and sing only hymns of faith.

Quote from: MadHatter on April 01, 2013, 10:11:53 AM
What will happen to the Sun Runners?  I guess they'll be rebooted to being the Jehovah's Runners...spreading the word really really quickly, wearing staid colors, like tan and taupe and drinking only the mildest of beverages, such as tea, milk or water and they'll have chastity circles and sing only hymns of faith.

And what would be wrong with that?

April 01, 2013, 10:17:30 AM #365 Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 10:19:39 AM by Rogerthat
Just nevermind. This is making me angry.
Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.

Quote from: Rogerthat on April 01, 2013, 10:17:30 AM

Its not Armageddon you tool. This game wasn't made for the weak. Its made for the strong.

Please refrain from being insulting.  There is nothing weak about a family friendly game.  Please describe what you will be missing out on.

Quote from: maxid on April 01, 2013, 10:18:43 AM
Quote from: Rogerthat on April 01, 2013, 10:17:30 AM

Its not Armageddon you tool. This game wasn't made for the weak. Its made for the strong.

Please refrain from being insulting.  There is nothing weak about a family friendly game.  Please describe what you will be missing out on.

Does everyone consent?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: musashi on April 01, 2013, 10:44:50 AM

High point of my morning so far. I laughed so loud when I saw this that I woke up my room mate all the way across the house. >.>
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Yeah, this thread is such a great way for me to finally use all these star wars memes I've been saving up.

Quote from: Eurynomos on April 01, 2013, 03:16:33 AM
Sorry, guys. I'm packing my bags. This PG *bleep* is just too much for me. I was raised in the veteran school of hard knox. I came from a dying breed of gamers that I see have clearly overstayed their welcome. See ya.

By the looks of it this might be a joke, but if you are leaving, I'm sorry to see you go.

Quote from: MadHatter on April 01, 2013, 10:01:56 AM

I guess now they'd be tickled to death and made to listen to Celine Dion.

Uhh....Celine Dion? That would still be torture.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Quote from: palomar on April 01, 2013, 12:23:14 PM
Quote from: Eurynomos on April 01, 2013, 03:16:33 AM
Sorry, guys. I'm packing my bags. This PG *bleep* is just too much for me. I was raised in the veteran school of hard knox. I came from a dying breed of gamers that I see have clearly overstayed their welcome. See ya.

By the looks of it this might be a joke, but if you are leaving, I'm sorry to see you go.

You are bad at the internet and humor.