Discussion of Changes to ArmageddonMUD

Started by Adhira, March 31, 2013, 01:34:50 PM

Quote* Due to complaints of a legal nature we will be shifting our game focus to ensure that it is a safer and more predictable environment for those concerned.  More specifically we are declaring a moratorium on roleplay of a sexual nature.  Relationship storylines may still be pursued in game but should in no way, shape or form involve extensive nudity or sexual interaction. Violence at the coded level is allowed but in depth torture scenes should be Fade to Black.

I can't help but feel the monstrous things going on in my characters bedroom are at least partially to blame for this.

If this is not a joke, I apologize to everyone.

My next character will be a saint, I promise.

I'm lying.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

Quote from: bcw81 on March 31, 2013, 06:49:39 PM
Holy fuck!

I just got an email from staff telling me that I needed to cut the mudsexing out. Apparently, they're serious. They took a fucking karma away for it!

I've been mudsexing non-stop since the announcement though! Like, non-stop. Hardcore. Bdsm. piss, scat, vomit, you name it. Gotta get it all out of my system. No email yet!
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Three day ban for badsexxing.

Fuck this shit. I'm fucking out. See you all on Shangrila Mush.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on March 31, 2013, 06:44:47 PM
And all the newbies in the world won't stick around for a world that's made PG rated with the tagline: "Murder, Corruption, Betrayal". It just wouldn't live up to the tagline at a PG rating.

This is a good point, but we aren't saying characters can't murder other characters, nor are we disallowing corruption, nor are we prohibiting betrayal.

And then there's people like me who, although they get their fair share of action in real life, enjoy character development and being able to do so in an environment with as few restrictions on it as possible (aka the consent rules), but have no interest in reading only part of a book (not allowing the torture, violence, and sex that comes with such a harsh and gritty story so often).

The whole book is still there.  It is simply Faded to Black.  All of that is happening off-screen.  The only restriction is in what is shown.  The rest will have to occur in your imagination.

QuoteWhile I think that the first 2 characters human policy would actually be a very good one for keeping newbie playing a role they have some idea of what they're doing in, I know many newbies would have less interest in such a lack of character creation options for race and it might keep them from actually playing, so I'm torn about that one.

Well, newbies already have a lack of character creation options for race.  They can't play muls and desert elves and half-giants.  Restricting them to human only (the only other options being dwarves--which we regularly end up "shaving" in the editor--or elves, which have a whole plethora of cultural ideals to figure out--or half-elves, let's be honest, no one really likes half-elves) might limit their options, but they would get a chance to experience the world in a way that they'd understand.  It's really important to consider the new player here.

I think that a newbie channel would be helpful (providing those not interested could toggle it off), but again, the delivery and detail around it... not being able to toggle it off for a month after the first character's made, etc... meh.

We speak from a lot of experience, having dealt with newbies quite directly over the years and having discussed this extensively among staff.  We are well aware of what will serve them here.  You'd be surprised how many new players just need a helping hand before they get hooked into the game.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Fredd on March 31, 2013, 07:01:34 PM
Quote from: bcw81 on March 31, 2013, 06:49:39 PM
Holy fuck!

I just got an email from staff telling me that I needed to cut the mudsexing out. Apparently, they're serious. They took a fucking karma away for it!

I've been mudsexing non-stop since the announcement though! Like, non-stop. Hardcore. Bdsm. piss, scat, vomit, you name it. Gotta get it all out of my system. No email yet!

It looks like the staffer that is in charge of monitoring this today typo'd your e-mail address.  You can expect the e-mail shortly.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Sephiroto on March 31, 2013, 06:28:15 PM
Quote from: Desertman on March 31, 2013, 06:18:22 PM
Armageddon, the other Disney production.  ;)

Hopefully it's not as bad as that John Carter thing.

So..Disney now owns Star Wars AND Armageddon?

..We are so playing on Tatooine.  When do we get light sabers?
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

What was going on in all those rented out apartments that I've been missing all this time? ASL hookups? gang rape? too much BDSM? i want logs 8) or is every gicker in nak a drovian right now? no one is safe
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Oh god. I thought they were joking. I just got an email and karma docked.  :'(

RIP armageddon mud

I feel like I'm the next one on their list.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Harmless on March 31, 2013, 07:21:28 PM
i want logs 8)

A year from when this character dies, I will show you.... terrible things.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

Quote from: Barsook on March 31, 2013, 07:30:07 PM
I feel like I'm the next one on their list.

No way sister, my characters have been seducing and raping since 2001. To make matters worse they all fall in love with my characters, which of course show the corruption, they there is betrayal and I end up murdered. And it all starts with my characters seducing and enticing.

I am -so- next.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I wonder, if vegetation and animals have to FTB too. I had a Red Fang ones... TMI?
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

Question about the first 2 characters point.  Are breeds apart of the restriction also?
Fredd-

If all this is for real, someone ought to think about the people who don't read the GDB and update the rules: http://www.armageddon.org/general/rules.html and the helpfile for consent.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: Barsook on March 31, 2013, 07:46:47 PM
Question about the first 2 characters point.  Are breeds apart of the restriction also?

Under what twisted definition does a breed count as 'human'?  :P
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: Barsook on March 31, 2013, 07:46:47 PM

Breeds are NOT human.

First 2 characters can only be humans.

You cannot play anything BUT humans.

Breeds are not human even if they LOOK human.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on March 31, 2013, 07:50:25 PM
If all this is for real, someone ought to think about the people who don't read the GDB and update the rules: http://www.armageddon.org/general/rules.html and the helpfile for consent.

WHO CARES ANY MORE

ABANDON SHIP

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: Adhirawe are declaring a moratorium on roleplay of a sexual nature.

Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

To the answers to my question: I figured, dunno why I asked.
Fredd-

Quote from: Lutagar on March 31, 2013, 07:52:50 PM

WHO CARES ANY MORE

ABANDON SHIP

What was the point in working so hard to bring in droves of newbies if it cost us the mud we all loved? I'm all in on the vote boycott until this is confirmed as a joke. If it's not... then I'm sure the player numbers after the change will reflect exactly what the vocal and not so vocal really think about the decisions.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: Lutagar on March 31, 2013, 07:52:50 PM

WHO CARES ANY MORE

ABANDON SHIP

NPEMOIDH

(No posted email or it didn't happen.)
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Almost seems plausible in our litigious society.

Don't care if they banned mud sex and limiting people to two humans sounds reasonable enough, but I expect they'd just run out and die twice then get their scottish dwarf on.

At least all them poor Chosen and Faithful will finally not be jealous anymore of them lucky commoners.  ;D