Discussion of Changes to ArmageddonMUD

Started by Adhira, March 31, 2013, 01:34:50 PM

March 31, 2013, 04:13:15 PM #150 Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 04:15:57 PM by Harmless
I get laid without this mud's help, so...

Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Refugee on March 31, 2013, 04:10:56 PM
I'm a bit uncomfortable with the cross as the symbol of Allanak too.  I've decided that it's obviously not the Christian cross, and that makes it tolerable for me.

I think asking for the crescent moon to be used instead is enormously hypocritical, and unravels your entire argument.  Such racism and ignorance casts a shadow on every premise you've put forth.

However, Maxid:  As a pastor, you -don't- have to deal with it.  You can go play somewhere else.  That's what freedom is.   Make your choices, deal with the consequences, and allow others to do the same.

All crosses are references to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  He appropriated them when he sacrificed himself for all mankind.

Thankfully for me, Arm's staff agrees with me and will make this place wholesome.  I might even suggest some of my congregation start playing here.

Quote from: maxid on March 31, 2013, 04:12:16 PM
Quote from: Zephy on March 31, 2013, 04:10:49 PM
Again, I did.

You keep saying that, yet you haven't.  Your only statement was that you enjoyed the scene.  I'd like to hear actual reasons.  Since you seem to be unable to come up with any, I'll assume you agree with staff.  Yay!  :D

Enjoyment of a game is the reason - as it was. I want the right to consent or not consent, not forced into that decision in order to censor for those that shouldn't be playing here.  

That is all the reason I need. - As in a movie or a book, if I want to experience my characters life, I want to read about it or choose to skip the pages.

Quote from: Zephy on March 31, 2013, 04:17:51 PM
Enjoyment of a game is the reason - as it was. I want the right to consent or not consent, not forced into that decision in order to censor for those that shouldn't be playing here.  

That is all the reason I need. - As in a movie or a book, if I want to experience my characters life, I want to read about it or choose to skip the pages.

Ok so you admit you have no reasons save base desire.  Just making sure.   ;D

Quote from: maxid on March 31, 2013, 04:21:49 PM
Quote from: Zephy on March 31, 2013, 04:17:51 PM

Ok so you admit you have no reasons save base desire.  Just making sure.   ;D

It's a game. :P

Quote from: maxid on March 31, 2013, 04:14:06 PM

All crosses are references to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  He appropriated them when he sacrificed himself for all mankind.

Thankfully for me, Arm's staff agrees with me and will make this place wholesome.  I might even suggest some of my congregation start playing here.

Hey, capitalize those H's in pronouns referring to Jesus!  (Doubts Maxid is actually a Christian pastor or he'd absolutely do that-you slipped up, dude).

I don't think Arm's staff is going to make Arm wholesome.  I'm not going to play here if I can't consistently play my guy trying to have a core of decency despite hellacious odds.  This is what I like doing.  It's not always pretty, they're never 'wholesome'.  

I don't think you -can- make Arm wholesome.  It's a joke.  They'd have to rewrite -everything-.  I'm pretty sure they wouldn't throw away 20 years worth of loyal players for a flash of mass popularity.

I'm a bit confused about why some posters seem to be jumping up and down (or the discussion board equivalent) and fighting with other posters.

I don't think that games need to conform to personal ideologies, but rather people should find games where they feel comfortable.

At any rate, the ongoing argumentativeness is tedious. I'm hoping for moderation.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

B--

Hoping for moderation or "moderation" (Nyr style?)

--M
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

I didn't mean the kind where the staff shows up at your door and you're never heard from again.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Ya'll do realize the arguments aren't real, yeah?

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on March 31, 2013, 04:26:35 PM

Considering that some are actually believing that the changes are real, I'm not sure they do.

:-\
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Barzalene on March 31, 2013, 04:26:25 PM
I didn't mean the kind where the staff shows up at your door and you're never heard from again.

say (after fending off another attack with a baseball bat and ducking back into his house) Maybe we shouldn't call it "player killing"?
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

March 31, 2013, 04:35:36 PM #165 Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 04:39:13 PM by Kalai
Quote from: Malken on March 31, 2013, 04:27:34 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on March 31, 2013, 04:26:35 PM

Considering that some are actually believing that the changes are real, I'm not sure they do.

:-\
If the arguments were real I'd probably have some serious argument about the depiction of suffering lending meaning to a work (I mean, the bible's even a good example) rather than running off and getting engaged to maxid.  :P

Edit: Olafson, if you're my professor, I want that exam back!  :D

They had me until PG.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I think this year's takes the cake.

Gonna send a Kudos to Adhira for causing so many to get all riled up!

They had me until "to ensure that it is a safer and more predictable environment for those concerned".

P.S. Is the writer of the post a professional bureaucrat? It reads like it. (I know, I have written similar things.)

March 31, 2013, 04:48:19 PM #170 Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 04:50:15 PM by Delirium
http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,30315.0.html

^ that one is my favorite.

Quote"Thrusting" "bulbous" "powerful" "manhood" "purple-headed love dujat" and over 1000 other words and phrases are included within the algorithm's reference list.  Combinations have been found and placed within the script to ensure that pregnancy is only inflicted upon those deserving, and not through an adult-themed conversation at the bar.

The best one was when ArmageddonMud was sold to wizards of the coast.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: Jingo on March 31, 2013, 04:50:52 PM
The best one was when ArmageddonMud was sold to wizards of the coast.

I remember that one...couldn't see it.  Someone else find it.

I'm going to be sad if -all- of it's a joke.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

lol poor staff really can't win, can they?