Getting Murdered

Started by Scarecrow, November 16, 2012, 01:09:19 AM

I only feel bad when I see someone post on forum about getting twink killed after I done murder.

Can you ever imagine the pain when the victim and murderer's players are both casual, and one is peak and the other is off peak?

I like the idea of giving the other pc a fun death scene, but after hours of waiting for that pc to log on (before I have to log off), the only thing I want to do is to finish that pk in the shortest possible time and then go to bed. I can rp the entire aftermath of the pk the next day.

I only give out long death scenes if I want to give the pc a chance to survive. Otherwise, what's the point? I don't enjoy getting a dragged out death scene (unless I get to hear juicy gossips), so I don't give it either (unless I wanna share juicy gossips).
There is no happy ending on Armageddon.

Quote from: Flawed on November 21, 2012, 04:17:17 PM
I only feel bad when I see someone post on forum about getting twink killed after I done murder.

Can you ever imagine the pain when the victim and murderer's players are both casual, and one is peak and the other is off peak?

I like the idea of giving the other pc a fun death scene, but after hours of waiting for that pc to log on (before I have to log off), the only thing I want to do is to finish that pk in the shortest possible time and then go to bed. I can rp the entire aftermath of the pk the next day.

I only give out long death scenes if I want to give the pc a chance to survive. Otherwise, what's the point? I don't enjoy getting a dragged out death scene (unless I get to hear juicy gossips), so I don't give it either (unless I wanna share juicy gossips).

I think your signature says it all, here.

.. Or mine. Huh.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Flawed on November 21, 2012, 04:17:17 PM

The point is showmanship.  For your own sake.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

I want players to feel fine with going n;kill kayza

As the fear of that happening is great fun.
:-)

Since I have been murdered several times, I'm fairly good at getting over it quickly. But, you can be damned sure, I will make the murderer work -hard- to get me. I won't go down easily, and I sure won't fall for the same tricks again. If you -can- get me though, hats off to you. But it won't be easy.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: Scarecrow on November 22, 2012, 08:50:23 PM
Since I have been murdered several times, I'm fairly good at getting over it quickly. But, you can be damned sure, I will make the murderer work -hard- to get me. I won't go down easily, and I sure won't fall for the same tricks again. If you -can- get me though, hats off to you. But it won't be easy.

yo wanna get drunk til we both pass out in my apartment? promise i won't knife you.

Still, yeah... I don't often fall for the same tricks twice, it's "similar" tricks that seem to get me, mixed with naivete and trust of the pbase that is slowly, slowly, diminishing.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

My advice? Think about it in terms of your character, not OOC tricks.

If your character trusts them, trust them. If they don't, don't. That said, trust should be very hard-won in Zalanthas.

Hey Delirium ... you wanna play kruth in my apartment room?
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: evilcabbage on November 26, 2012, 04:24:56 PM
Still, yeah... I don't often fall for the same tricks twice, it's "similar" tricks that seem to get me, mixed with naivete and trust of the pbase that is slowly, slowly, diminishing.

What exactly have you been trusting the player base to do, and how have they failed you in this regard?
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I read that as a more friendly and loving ... I'm slowly learning how vicious and two faced you fuckers are.  :)

musashi hit it right on the head, Nyr, I trust the playerbase to be awesome and I trust their motivations, I'm just finding it harder to trust them icly in some situations.

especially with a couple of recent events that happened that I'm fairly sure Nyr is aware of, there are certain PCs in game that I'm leery of.

also, I have the straaaaangest luck sometimes...

but yes, you two faced, backstabbing motherfuckers won't get me again. mob #2957239(ankheg v-num 00000001.96) here I come! I'd rather die to an Ankheg or something right now than suffer ANOTHER PC-to-PC death. It's heartbreaking.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: evilcabbage on November 26, 2012, 05:45:14 PM
I'd rather die to an Ankheg or something right now than suffer ANOTHER PC-to-PC death. It's heartbreaking.

But NPC monsters never lay out their plan before killing you. It is like they read the Evil Overlord List.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

The few deaths I have to PK are generally more satisfying than dying in some other stupid way. The twink PK deaths of course are annoying.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I've been PKed... twice, I think, since I started playing. Neither of them turned out to be an epic RP piece or anything, but I think both were appropriate ends to the character's lives.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

January 01, 2013, 02:33:40 AM #114 Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 02:37:09 AM by Fredd
As someone who has been assassinated more times then I care to count. (I play a hell of an Aide, aparently) And have sent assassins to kill plenty of people, and has been a raider twice now. I have this to say.

If it's a master assassin, there is a good reason behind it. Trust me. Even finding a Master Assassin can be hard to do. You don't get to be a master of that by everyone knowing you do it.
Seriusly though, assassins generally kill for a better reason then "I want your apartment, lawl"

My raiders will kill you,but I try my hardest to give rp, unless the fight is forced before.

But in ALL cases. You have to tell the staff you killed someone, at ALL times, and why. Even if you are a Leader pc, wanting to kill a dipshit recruit that's causing you so many problems you want to rage quit. You always have to tell the Imms you are hiring an assassin, planning a pk, or have pked someone.

Our staff are just really good at keeping things behind the scenes to keep you damned scared and paranoid.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I've pk'd and been pk'd and alot of it was fun, some of it not so much.

The two that went on for a while was really fun, and I enjoyed it immensely.

Another I walked into blatantly knowing what was going to happen, and that one wasn't so much fun. Do to by time I went to post the post no longer fit the situation/room/conversation. Though I was over it in a day of playing another pc.
Sweet chaos let it unfold upon the land.
Guided forever by my adoring loving hand.
It is I the nightmare that sleeps but shall wake.

Quote from: Clavis on January 01, 2013, 03:22:46 AM
I've pk'd and been pk'd and alot of it was fun, some of it not so much.

The two that went on for a while was really fun, and I enjoyed it immensely.

Another I walked into blatantly knowing what was going to happen, and that one wasn't so much fun. Do to by time I went to post the post no longer fit the situation/room/conversation. Though I was over it in a day of playing another pc.

I've walked into a few known assassinations. Most were fun, but I always find myself thinking " Man I should have done x"

I've also walked into, and survived a few. All on one pc. When that specific Aide was assasinated, he knew he was walking into it, and made sure to tell a guard what was happenening, and then just let it happen, so his lord could do what needed to be done to secure more influence. Yeah, totally martyred himself.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

34 characters
6 PK'd (1 was a mercy kill)
8 stored (including 4 in a row)
3 killed by gith (including the mercy kill)
4 spiders
2 on rpt
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

14 characters (not sure if it kept records earlier than 2006 - think I may have had a PC or two in 2004)
5 suicides* (from the year 2006-2009)
1 mekillot (2010)
1 rantarri (2006)
1 PK (2010)
5 stored (2009-2012)
1 current (2012)

* Taken to mean losing interest in a <1 day character after 4-5 months of inactivity, and walking them into the wilds until they were eaten by a mob, or fell down a hole.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Quote from: Morrolan on January 01, 2013, 05:28:49 AM
34 characters
6 PK'd (1 was a mercy kill)
8 stored (including 4 in a row)
3 killed by gith (including the mercy kill)
4 spiders
2 on rpt

And the other eleven?

My memory is shit when it comes to stuff like this but I think I've only been PK'd once. By a Templar in the north with staff present and I just drank poison.

I die to wilderness mobs like a boss.

I've only had one character murdered in 12 years, and it was a misunderstanding by some half-giant in the Barrel back in 2003.
Quote from: SynthesisI always thought of jozhals as like...reptilian wallabies.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWitI pictured them as cute, glittery mini-velociraptors.
Kinda like a My Little Pony that could eat your face.

I still have never been murdered.

Not counting the ones I play for less than a month before I realize the concept was either boring or too ambitious, the first half of my PCs were largely killed by player stupidity and the second half were largely stored.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Holy shit I've had my characters murdered a lot.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on January 01, 2013, 11:25:18 AM
Holy shit I've had my characters murdered a lot.

If I recall, a few of those were to me.... LOL.