Ask Calavera

Started by Calavera, October 30, 2012, 01:48:15 AM

I'm going to have to lock this thread - it should be in Ask Staff.

Whew, with the game back up I got busy working on what I am actually supposed to do as a Storyteller for a while! I will keep this thread open until the end of this week, and then we'll see about locking it down like Commander Shepard says. Until the next downtime, of course, maybe...
QuoteCalavera,

Your Shoot Me In The Head request has been resolved. We do not have sufficient ammunition to process your request at this time.

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Cind on November 02, 2012, 11:48:20 AM
If I wished up: Hey I'm open to being kidnapped randomly out of this bar, or murdered in an interesting fashion, and you were around and wanted to, what would you do? Assume my character is a sane indie who's sitting in a city tavern with some friends and some random people and its peak time and nothing super-interesting is happening.

This is something I'd actually defer to my senior staff about. We have pretty strict rules in place about not just randomly messing with people's characters. Why? Because people don't like it when you randomly mess with their characters without their consent. Which is fair enough to me! I definitely felt that way as a player.

As my own personal staff self, I'm always up for a bit of mischief, but the more notice you can give me about wanting to do things, the better. And I can't promise you'll get the results you like...

Quote from: MeTekillot on November 03, 2012, 12:02:54 AM
You have a member of an enemy faction whose interests go against your own. They have provided you with information useful to your cause but are of no further use to you. Letting them go would no doubt end in them informing the enemy faction of your intent and knowledge, while keeping them as prisoner would use up the resources of your rather limited cause. You could kill them, however, they have committed no mortal sin against you other than a differing ideology. What do you do?

Unfortunately someone already beat me to it. Brainwashing.

Quote from: Is Friday on November 03, 2012, 02:25:25 AM
Hey gurl you wanna come over?

My arms would get really tired flying all that way.

Quote from: Orin on November 08, 2012, 09:58:20 PM
Who did you vote for in the U.S. general election (assuming you are U.S. citizen)?

I am not registered to vote in the U.S., but I was fairly certain all along Obama would get four more years. I don't follow politics especially closely, but the incumbents are usually favoured to win unless they stuff up real bad, right?
QuoteCalavera,

Your Shoot Me In The Head request has been resolved. We do not have sufficient ammunition to process your request at this time.

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: boog on November 03, 2012, 11:58:04 PM
What do you do when you need inspiration, dahlink?

I take a walk or take a nice long shower. There's something mysical in soap bubbles. I used to get all my best ideas washing dishes back in the day, or showering. It must be the soap bubbles.

Sometimes I just feel uninspired and fart around on the internet for hours until I convince myself I should be doing something at least slightly more productive with my time. Sometimes this takes a while.

As far as inspiration for Arm goes, that tends to come from just kicking back with a beer and watching you guys play the game. I'll pick up on little threads of players' plots and go to myself, "Ha, I can totally use this for (other thing.)" I read old bio entries for characters from a decade ago that didn't live long, to see about possibly rehashing interesting concepts as NPCs. I trawl people's character reports rather obsessively. Sometimes it amounts to stuff. Sometimes it doesn't.

As far as RL goes, I'm also a bit of a granola eater in that I get a lot of inspiration from nature. Hiking is great for that. You tend to have a lot more faith in any old dumb idea you get when you're standing on top of a mountain.
QuoteCalavera,

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Calavera on November 10, 2012, 01:20:36 AM
Quote from: boog on November 03, 2012, 11:58:04 PM
What do you do when you need inspiration, dahlink?

I take a walk or take a nice long shower. There's something mysical in soap bubbles. I used to get all my best ideas washing dishes back in the day, or showering. It must be the soap bubbles.

Sometimes I just feel uninspired and fart around on the internet for hours until I convince myself I should be doing something at least slightly more productive with my time. Sometimes this takes a while.

As far as inspiration for Arm goes, that tends to come from just kicking back with a beer and watching you guys play the game. I'll pick up on little threads of players' plots and go to myself, "Ha, I can totally use this for (other thing.)" I read old bio entries for characters from a decade ago that didn't live long, to see about possibly rehashing interesting concepts as NPCs. I trawl people's character reports rather obsessively. Sometimes it amounts to stuff. Sometimes it doesn't.

As far as RL goes, I'm also a bit of a granola eater in that I get a lot of inspiration from nature. Hiking is great for that. You tend to have a lot more faith in any old dumb idea you get when you're standing on top of a mountain.

You call it mystical soap bubbles, I call it Alpha brainwaves.  Creativity is at its highest when sleepy, relaxig, or doing mundane activities.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."

-John F. Kennedy

Quote from: Maker on November 10, 2012, 07:11:34 AM
Creativity is at its highest when sleepy, relaxing, or doing mundane activities.

That's my new excuse for spam-foraging.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Do you have any jumpers?

(if so, can i has?)
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

Do you like bomber jackets?
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Have you done yourself up a la Dia de los Muertos makeup before? Because that's how I envision you.

Also, maybe with a bomber jacket on.  Because that just sounds sweet.
You notice: A war beetle squeezes out an Orin-sized ball of dung.

Quote from: IntuitiveApathy on November 10, 2012, 08:44:13 PM
Do you have any jumpers?

They're not jumpers. They just followed their sergeant off the shield wall.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: IntuitiveApathy on November 10, 2012, 08:44:13 PM
Do you have any jumpers?

(if so, can i has?)

I've got plenty of jumpers for when it gets cold. Assuming you aren't using the word in some weird American way where it isn't the equivalent of a nice, warm piece of knitwear.

Quote from: evilcabbage on November 11, 2012, 02:46:39 AM
Do you like bomber jackets?

I love them, but I don't own any.
QuoteCalavera,

Italis
Armageddon Staff

I have a leather bomber jacket. How much would you pay me to deliver it?

What about if I was included?

bow chicka wow wow

Quote from: Orin on November 11, 2012, 02:45:19 PM
Have you done yourself up a la Dia de los Muertos makeup before? Because that's how I envision you.

Also, maybe with a bomber jacket on.  Because that just sounds sweet.

Your version of me sounds a lot cooler than I normally look on a daily basis. I'm not much of a makeup wearer but I've definitely worn a horse mask before. Does that count at all? It wasn't a skull horse, though.
QuoteCalavera,

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Delirium on November 12, 2012, 11:18:32 PM
I have a leather bomber jacket. How much would you pay me to deliver it?

Yeah, 'cause we would totally wear the same size jacket. Aren't you itty bitty? :P

What about if I was included?

bow chicka wow wow

Depends. Are you wearing anything else besides the jacket?

Did this just get inappropriate?

Should I have asked consent?

I'm asking the questions in my own thread...
QuoteCalavera,

Italis
Armageddon Staff

1. Yes.

2. .... plead the fifth. Can I plead the fifth?

3. You lech.

4. You lech.

Quote from: Delirium on November 12, 2012, 11:29:04 PM
1. Yes.

2. .... plead the fifth. Can I plead the fifth?

3. You lech.

4. You lech.

Well now that we've cleared that up, I'm locking this thread before you call the cops.

Tune in next downtime for Ask Calavera: Incarcerated Edition.
QuoteCalavera,

Italis
Armageddon Staff