Ask Calavera

Started by Calavera, October 30, 2012, 01:48:15 AM

Quote from: Scarecrow on October 31, 2012, 05:50:50 PM
What is the best way to earn karma?

Play your character like a real person and keep staff appraised of your plots by reporting, using the think command, and wishing up. Adhere to racial and cultural documentation or at least acknowledge that people may ostracise your character if you do not.

Play the game. Get involved. You don't have to be a leader, but I love it when players involve others.

Honestly, though, communication is probably the most important thing. I can only monitor the game in my rather off-peak time zone, so there are whole characters I hardly ever get to see, even though I love some of them. So reporting helps a lot there. It's hard to give karma to players I almost never interact with. Of course, as a team we keep more or less every time zone covered to a reasonable extent, but this is Ask Calavera, not Ask Everybody, so you get me-specific stuff.  :P

"Play the game" is really a big thing as well. Sometimes, when people file a request asking for a karma review, I look at their account and I see a handful of characters with only a few hours played, then maybe a gap when they weren't playing, and then a few more short-lived characters. It's very difficult to assess someone's karma when I haven't even had a chance to really observe them!

Fortunately when assessing karma, staff do talk to one another and it is a group effort. You'd be surprised how much discussion there is, I think.
QuoteCalavera,

Your Shoot Me In The Head request has been resolved. We do not have sufficient ammunition to process your request at this time.

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: tiptoe on October 31, 2012, 06:00:09 PM
When you discover characters mudsexxing it up, do you turn the channel to the next PC, or watch?

I prefer not to watch because I get tempted to correct people's grammar and spelling.

What is the longest mudsex session you've ever witnessed (or heard about)?

Some people do it for hours, but I'd rather not pick on the mudsexers. Some people will stand in the same room and forage for rocks for 8-9 hours, emoting and RPing the whole way. I don't get it myself, but that's no reason to single anyone out!

Do you prefer to watch people solo rp or rp in a group?

This is very situational. Some players are just a joy to watch in solo play. Some of the most amazing scenes I've ever seen in this game only had one person involved. Group RP can be a lot of fun as well, especially if the players involved are clever dialogue writers! Or if it's tense! The only thing that really gives me a headache to watch is huge social RPTs with 20+ people. Because I can see your emotes, your thinks, your psi's, and if I want to even more detailed stuff. The spam is exhausting. I have colour coding set up to help me handle it.

What would you say is the biggest difference in people's playing style? Do you have a certain style that you prefer?

This is kind of a tricky question because honestly, no two people play the game exactly alike. There are definitely patterns I notice in some folks' RP, i.e. some people sure do play a lot of elves or Red Stormers or manwhores or whatever. But I certainly don't prefer one over the other, and as long as your characters are all different and nuanced, it's not like we're up there going, "Gah, tiptoe is playing another mul."

My playstyle as a player could best be described as isolating and masochistic.

What are you dressing up as for Halloween?

Halloween is not really celebrated where I live. I dressed up as a professional twentysomething member of the workforce.

Puppies or kittens?

Kittens riding puppies.
QuoteCalavera,

Your Shoot Me In The Head request has been resolved. We do not have sufficient ammunition to process your request at this time.

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: kayza on November 01, 2012, 12:15:21 AM
Has this ever happened? Maybe not verbatim.  But the general idea.

OOC : Consent for the most wild and crazy Mudsex there ever was!

say (mounts the last Kank there ever was) LoL I'm just kidding Yo, just scaring away those stuffy staffs!

say (while LoLing) Let's do some leet twinking!

Not that I'm aware of, but sometimes people ask consent for pretty random things.

OOC: Consent for nipple-slip? I know we're just playing cards but my PC is gonna have a wardrobe malfunction in a few minutes.
QuoteCalavera,

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Tek or Muk for president?

Stop cheating.

Thrain Ironsword for president amirite?
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Does your milkshake bring all of the boys to the yard?

Is it better than mine?

If so, would you be willing to teach me?

And if so, how much would you charge?

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

What was your favorite band in high school?
You notice: A war beetle squeezes out an Orin-sized ball of dung.

Lumberjack burly.

Do you interpret dreams?

I had a dream last night and need help.

I was dreaming that I was an amur tiger in the wilderness.  I was feeling ravenous, predatory and territorial.  There was snow on the ground and I stalked through the trees, focused on prey that while remained unseen, I could feel very near.  I was closing in.
Then I woke up to find myself in the midst of making ferocious love to my partner the first thought that came to me in my dreamy stupor was, 'why is she having sex with a tiger?'

What does it mean? Am I going to die?  It was Halloween night, am I some sort of weretiger?  Am I weird?

I'm scared of your grammaring.  You should not watch me otherwise you'll be forced to kill all my characters.
:-)

Quote from: Akaramu on November 01, 2012, 09:47:27 AM
Tek or Muk for president?

Zalanthas is not a democracy.

Muk's pretty dreamy, though. Muk for class president.

Quote from: evilcabbage on November 01, 2012, 12:43:04 PM
Stop cheating.

Thrain Ironsword for president amirite?

I'm not sure they'd let a dwarf be president. I mean, JFK was a Catholic and that was a big deal in America, right?
QuoteCalavera,

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Orin on November 01, 2012, 03:52:57 PM
What was your favorite band in high school?

This is a tough one. I listened to a lot of music. Still do. The band I listened to the most in high school was probably U2. I say probably because they had some stiff competition, mostly from Black Sabbath.
QuoteCalavera,

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: roughneck on November 01, 2012, 04:21:09 PM
Lumberjack burly.

I'm thinking of paper towels and I can't place why.

Do you interpret dreams?

I tend to think dream interpretation is bullshit.

I had a dream last night and need help.

I was dreaming that I was an amur tiger in the wilderness.  I was feeling ravenous, predatory and territorial.  There was snow on the ground and I stalked through the trees, focused on prey that while remained unseen, I could feel very near.  I was closing in.
Then I woke up to find myself in the midst of making ferocious love to my partner the first thought that came to me in my dreamy stupor was, 'why is she having sex with a tiger?'

What does it mean? Am I going to die?  It was Halloween night, am I some sort of weretiger?  Am I weird?

You do need help. Maybe you're secretly a furry. Or worse, maybe your girlfriend is. Were you born in the Year of the Tiger? Were you listening to Eye of the Tiger before sleep? Or had you put on any Tiger Balm?
QuoteCalavera,

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Brawny paper towels ftw?
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Question 1:  Boxers or briefs?

Question 2: What is your favorite pastime while roaming the tablelands?
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Do you roam in boxers or briefs? If not, why?

Who would you consider as your favourite fictional written character to date? Why?

I'm 25, we have a thing over here where we grow mustaches in november to raise awareness for prostate cancer. While it sounds sexist that only men, and follicly endowed older women can participate in this, fret not, the women get a group run.

I wish to ask you, should men under 40 be allowed to grow mustaches alone, without accompanying facial hair, weather it be the fearsome Dick Dastardly finger twirler, or the  Paul Tuttle Sr Handle-bars? Assume government legislation shall determine the status pf legality for mustaches on men under 40, and you have final word on the yay or nay of it.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

If I wished up: Hey I'm open to being kidnapped randomly out of this bar, or murdered in an interesting fashion, and you were around and wanted to, what would you do? Assume my character is a sane indie who's sitting in a city tavern with some friends and some random people and its peak time and nothing super-interesting is happening.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Norcal on November 02, 2012, 11:00:08 AM
Question 1:  Boxers or briefs?

Boxers.

Question 2: What is your favorite pastime while roaming the tablelands?

Gith.
QuoteCalavera,

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Kol on November 02, 2012, 11:43:24 AM
Do you roam in boxers or briefs? If not, why?

I roam in my snuggie! Didn't you see?

Who would you consider as your favourite fictional written character to date? Why?

I'm a pretty big fan of the written word and could rattle off a whole list here... but to be concise, I'll say that the original Arthur Conan Doyle stories featuring Sherlock Holmes are some of my favourites and Watson as the narrator is by far the best part.

I'm 25, we have a thing over here where we grow mustaches in november to raise awareness for prostate cancer. While it sounds sexist that only men, and follicly endowed older women can participate in this, fret not, the women get a group run.

I wish to ask you, should men under 40 be allowed to grow mustaches alone, without accompanying facial hair, weather it be the fearsome Dick Dastardly finger twirler, or the  Paul Tuttle Sr Handle-bars? Assume government legislation shall determine the status pf legality for mustaches on men under 40, and you have final word on the yay or nay of it.

If moustaches weren't allowed, perhaps Hitler would have never risen to power. But then again, many a Hulk Hogan costume for Halloween would be rendered impossible. In the end, if we would sacrifice our moustache liberty for moustache safety, we deserve neither moustache liberty nor moustache safety.
QuoteCalavera,

Italis
Armageddon Staff

You have a member of an enemy faction whose interests go against your own. They have provided you with information useful to your cause but are of no further use to you. Letting them go would no doubt end in them informing the enemy faction of your intent and knowledge, while keeping them as prisoner would use up the resources of your rather limited cause. You could kill them, however, they have committed no mortal sin against you other than a differing ideology. What do you do?

Hey gurl you wanna come over?
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: MeTekillot on November 03, 2012, 12:02:54 AM
You have a member of an enemy faction whose interests go against your own. They have provided you with information useful to your cause but are of no further use to you. Letting them go would no doubt end in them informing the enemy faction of your intent and knowledge, while keeping them as prisoner would use up the resources of your rather limited cause. You could kill them, however, they have committed no mortal sin against you other than a differing ideology. What do you do?

Manufacture a ruse that makes it look as if they have betrayed their own people, so that returning home will mean their death, and then offer them a chance to work for my faction as a full member when they have established trust.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

brainwashing
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

This issue raises so often in the game and is solved rather regularly. Might be a lil too ic to really answer that one properly :D

What do you do when you need inspiration, dahlink?
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Who did you vote for in the U.S. general election (assuming you are U.S. citizen)?

You notice: A war beetle squeezes out an Orin-sized ball of dung.