Body Location Question/Unsure Bug

Started by Kiara, September 17, 2012, 08:23:06 PM

So I'm curious I have a weapon that when I asses -v it, it tells me it can be slung over the shoulder. My pc's shoulder spot is available so there's nothing taking up the space. I've tried the following commands and nothing seems to work. Is this a bug or am I daft and don't know the proper command.

Commands I've Tried - Wear bow shoulder
                              - Wear bow on shoulder
                              - Wear bow about shoulder
                              - Wear bow atop shoulder
                              - Wear bow
                              - Sheathe bow / Sheath bow
                              - Put bow shoulder
                              - Sling bow
                              - Sling bow shoulder
                              - Sling bow about shoulder

I've checked the help files and I'm aware certain things have been removed from the code for wearing items on the shoulders, but the bow when assessed says I can wear it on my shoulder and when you look at the body locations there's two spots. Help?
The man wears his heavy war-saddle on his back, covering a tattoo

Crawling up on all fours, the man sits on a sturdy bed

The man sends you a telepathic message:
     "Alright, you got to tame a wild one today."

sheath bow back
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I don't find it intuitive either. It took me ages to figure it out.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

There's a file somewhere that talks about how you can't wear a pack on the shoulder slot (like if you were toting it around on one shoulder) because that slot describes something that's placed "on top" of your shoulder. You wouldn't be wearing the pack with one strap on one shoulder, you would be balancing the pack "on" your shoulder. Any weapon saying it can go on the shoulder, I would assume it's supposed to go over the back because it violates the logic of what the shoulder slot actually is for.

If you assess an item, and it says it can be worn on the shoulder, the syntax is:  wear <item> shoulder

If that doesn't work, I would bug it.

The point is something that can be 'strung across shoulder'....actually means slung over the shoulder to the back...where it is worn.

A dusty longbow can be worn across one's back.
A dusty longbow can be slung over the shoulder.
You test a dusty longbow's pull and decide it is just about right for you.
It is very light.

Edited the sdesc of the bow for ic sensitive info*

Point being if it's saying slung OVER the shoulder it should take up a shoulder slot, not a back spot. Otherwise to not make things complicated don't add that to the asses -v data. Just say A dusty longbow can be worn across one's back. This exact asses -v is clearly stating I can wear it on my shoulder AND on my back. My question is -what- is the command.

>sheathe bow back
does not put the bow into your back wearslot, rather it sheathes it in a separate sheathed-on-back location that can only be got to by sheathing.
Which is perhaps slung over the shoulder?

Hmm...ok let me try that. I'll let you know in 15min.

Oh, right, "sheath <item> back".  There is a sheathing spot on the back, some items will let you know if it's too small for that.  I wasn't aware this was described as "slung over the shoulder," huh.

Yeah, IIRC (it's been a while), if you can 'sheath <item> back' it's called 'slung over the shoulder' ... probably is a bit confusing, but there you have it.

I've never seen an item say "can be slung over the shoulder" when you a -v it, though. If it can be sheathed across the back, a -v has told me "it can be worn across the back." I'd suggest bugging that bow or typoing it.

Nope this doesn't work!

walking  riding: none  dawn wear pack
You strap your pack across your back.

walking  riding: none  dawn wear bow back
You already wear something on your back.

Did you:
>hold bow
>sheathe bow back
?
Need to be holding it first if it's a worn on back type.

Edit: Hah we have the same post count.

There are two back wear locations. One is for worn items (packs) and one is a sheathe slot for bigger weapons.

http://www.armageddon.org/help/view.php?name=Sheathe

<slung across back>      a longbow
<worn across back>       a backpack

Ah ha!! so sheath bow back does work! (dances) Thanks to those who helped! OH fyi - with this bow I can't wield it but I can hold and sheath it. Thanks again!

Most bows are only 'hold'able, since, well, there is no point in being able to 'wield' them :)

It would make sense to wield them no? Since really when you think about it you are holding/wielding it when you use it to do archery. So why not make it so you can wield it....

Because when you 'draw bow' you want it in your off (es) hand, not in your primary hand... and the default is primary, so it's best to just not have the option for primary (ep) wield.

Quote from: Maso on September 17, 2012, 08:28:50 PM
sheath bow back

Pretty sure I said that ages ago.

I get what you mean though...it IS confusing...I went through a similar thought process until I ended up asking a Helper I think. Or on the boards. I'd quite prefer it if you -could- wear packs/bags/other stuff etc on your shoulders. It's pretty limiting how many bags you can wear...since I can totally pack more onto myself IRL. And shoulder slots don't get used much. And more slots are fun.

Are all the coils of rope worn over my shoulder balanced there precariously?

You're wielding an arrow. The arrow is the weapon, not the bow. The bow is the vehicle from which the weapon is propelled. So there's no need to wield a bow, unless you're planning on using it as a really ineffective bludgeoning weapon. There are some bows that can be wielded. There was one bow that defaulted to primary if you drew it from your back slot, but I believe that was fixed.

Hold bow;sheath bow back takes up the "slung over the shoulder" slot. It's not a wear slot, it's a sheath slot.
However, if you don't use a backpack, you -can- wear them on your back, just like you can wear longspears. But they take up that wear slot, if you do it that way.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: MeTekillot on September 17, 2012, 11:40:47 PM
Are all the coils of rope worn over my shoulder balanced there precariously?

I imagine them wrapped around, under the armpit, over the shoulder in a vaguely diagonal way.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Mine is wrapped TIGHTLY around the hawk.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I know of at least one bow that can be worn over/on your shoulder.  The syntax is something like, 'wear bow over shoulder' or 'on shoulder' or something. I forget. But it will fit on a shoulder slot, totally different than sheathing it on your back.

Maybe it's a bug, but I like it. I wish all bows could be worn like that.