Body Location Question/Unsure Bug

Started by Kiara, September 17, 2012, 08:23:06 PM

I 'idea' satchels, shoulder packs etc I come across in game that say either in the sdesc or mdesc that they can be worn on the shoulder but can't be.

Born from my time trying to wrangle with the clumsiness of shields. I wanted to wear them on my back, instead of the dubious workaround of having to keep them in packs.

Although 'sheathe shield back' would be the neatest, it's off topic...one can only dream though!

What's wrong with being able to wear backpacks on your shoulders, anyway? So some dwarf is using his high strength to wear three packs. So? Soooo?

Quote from: Booya on September 18, 2012, 11:27:23 AM
I 'idea' satchels, shoulder packs etc I come across in game that say either in the sdesc or mdesc that they can be worn on the shoulder but can't be.

Born from my time trying to wrangle with the clumsiness of shields. I wanted to wear them on my back, instead of the dubious workaround of having to keep them in packs.

Although 'sheathe shield back' would be the neatest, it's off topic...one can only dream though!

I believe you can actually wear most (all?) shields on your back, but it has to be in your inventory and you have to 'wear shield back'.  Sheath/draw doesn't work, so if you're in combat, the only thing you can do is to drop it out of your hand.  Then I suppose you could (somewhat unrealistically) pick it up and wear it!
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

Quote from: IntuitiveApathy on September 20, 2012, 02:59:56 AM

I believe you can actually wear most (all?) shields on your back, but it has to be in your inventory and you have to 'wear shield back'.  Sheath/draw doesn't work, so if you're in combat, the only thing you can do is to drop it out of your hand.  Then I suppose you could (somewhat unrealistically) pick it up and wear it!

But we want to wear a pack and sheath a shield on the back too.

Being able to sheathe shields back is the little tiny want to end all little tiny wants. It would perfect the game.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on September 20, 2012, 10:37:15 AM
Being able to sheathe shields back is the little tiny want to end all little tiny wants. It would perfect the game.

Indeed, this would be double plus good.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on September 20, 2012, 10:37:15 AM

+ 1
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on September 20, 2012, 04:17:04 AM
Quote from: IntuitiveApathy on September 20, 2012, 02:59:56 AM

But we want to wear a pack and sheath a shield on the back too.

If this is put in, I will cry tears of joy.   ->  :'(
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

Necro but yeah, I dont get why I cant sheathe my shield on my back.

A duel you say good sir? Just let me retrieve my trusty shield from my trusty backpack! Haha! This isnt awkward at all!

Necro again but I saw this and had to comment because I discovered something today:

Wear <item> shoulder, or
Wear <item> <left/right> shoulder

and

Wear <item> over shoulder, or
Wear <item> over <left/right> shoulder

are two different things.

In effect, you can wear something like a military identification patch that gets stuck "on" your shoulder,

and -also- wear something like, say, a special kind of shoulder-strap canteen that gets worn "over" your shoulder. If your patch is on your right shoulder, and your canteen is OVER your right shoulder, the patch is hidden like a tattoo..

Doesn't seem like there are many things that can be worn "over" your shoulder, though.. even less than can be worn "on."

Quote from: Wastrel on June 07, 2013, 11:06:51 PM
Necro but yeah, I dont get why I cant sheathe my shield on my back.

A duel you say good sir? Just let me retrieve my trusty shield from my trusty backpack! Haha! This isnt awkward at all!

Not to mention my five-cord spear that totally fits in there. I regard weapons and shields codedly "in pack" as being tied to the pack instead, in some fashion. Or sticking out at the top, if that's applicable.

And it took me half a year to realise I could wear something "over X shoulder" instead of "wear item; wear item;remove 2.item" to get it on the right shoulder.

Quote from: X-D on September 18, 2012, 08:05:46 AM
Mine is wrapped TIGHTLY around the hawk.

I laughed really loudly.  More than I should have.

Quote from: AreteX on June 08, 2013, 07:46:12 PM
Quote from: X-D on September 18, 2012, 08:05:46 AM
Mine is wrapped TIGHTLY around the hawk.

I laughed really loudly.  More than I should have.

Naw, it deserves a good laugh. I did too :P

Heh, It was a good one...I was likely drunk...wait, it took some of you  this long to get that one?
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I don't remember reading it... which is... strange.