choke

Started by Kebron, August 13, 2012, 06:26:25 PM

I was under the impression you DID take some stun damage when trying to flee from a subdued place?

And someone already hit the nail on the head, Subdue IS super-powerful IF you have someone there to back you up and capitalize on the bonus. But the fact is if you have 2 warriors chopping your ass down in the first place does it really matter if one of them is holding you or not? Because you're still in a pretty lethal situation.
I see it as more of an option to facilitate NON-lethal RP, SURE you can use it to kill someone in a semi quiet way and IMHO a more realistic way then holding someone down while your elfin friend tries to stab him, but it also gives you the opportunity to take someone down without HAVING to kill them outright...

Ex: So you're an assasin type or a bounty hunter or a guard and you need to (somewhat quietly) Take out mister byn who's smoking spice out on meleths. You could go after him with an axe and good luck with ensuing chaos, or you could try and sap him which I love, but with this, you could grab him from behind and choke him out, then carry him off to dispose of him somewhere quietly, or to return him to whoever offered the bounty, or to put him in jail without having to risk accidentaly killing him in the process.

I've seen plenty of times where guards intended to arrest someone and accidentaly killed them because they did that tiny fraction of too much damage and the guy didn't wake up again. Really puts a damper on your RP when you're intending on revealing your grand master scheme to your victim while petting your white baby quirri and sitting in your swivel chair with a pinky to your lips.

And really, I'd love to see more unarmed combat options. Yea a sword is a faster way to kill someone, but you're talking about folks built like olympic atheletes using bits of sharpened bone. Would YOU want to wrestle debo with a bit of sharpened bone? I think not. I think it'd be pretty fair going both ways.

Having more ways to knock someone out would be nice, but I would encourage keeping the amount of stun damage this does really low. This might not be as realistic (it only takes about 5 seconds to knock someone out), but subdue is already pretty powerful what with it being usable on people with weapons out... Which is really hard unless you're much better than somone.

But definately a 'yay' for more ways for warriors to actually kidnap somone! Don't let assasins get all the fun.

Quote from: Kebron on August 14, 2012, 05:48:20 PMAnd someone already hit the nail on the head, Subdue IS super-powerful IF you have someone there to back you up and capitalize on the bonus. But the fact is if you have 2 warriors chopping your ass down in the first place does it really matter if one of them is holding you or not? Because you're still in a pretty lethal situation.

Subdue is super-powerful when you're alone, too.

QuoteI've seen plenty of times where guards intended to arrest someone and accidentaly killed them because they did that tiny fraction of too much damage and the guy didn't wake up again. Really puts a damper on your RP when you're intending on revealing your grand master scheme to your victim while petting your white baby quirri and sitting in your swivel chair with a pinky to your lips.

Well, the effectiveness of the mercy toggle is directly tied to a character's skills. Maybe if those guards weren't so inept they wouldn't have accidentally killed their target.

There already exist skills and methods to knock someone out.  Also, warriors already get plenty of perks aside from this.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.