Saving lives syntax?

Started by greasygemo, July 09, 2012, 09:56:20 AM

How the heck do you save a person who is down? (fainted or mortally wounded, for example)

Do you <subdue> and <throw> their limp body from room to room??

Can you pick them up?

Can you pack them to a mount? (lol)

I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

If you subdue someone, they come along with you when you move from room to room. It's what the Allanaki soldiers complain about so much.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Not unless you have no save arrest on.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Ah.... So if you ARE dying and have companions.. you should should turn that SHIT OFF.
..Dammit.
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

Huh?

Nosave arrest makes it so that when you commit a crime, you don't resist a soldiers attempt to subdue you. Nosave subdue makes it so that no matter what you will not resist a subdue attempt, and no criminal charges will be put against the person that subdues you. Someone who is unconcious (or stunned unable to move/near death) has nosave subdue on by default.

There's no need for nosave arrest, or making sure someone has nosave subdue on, during these instances.

Oh right, that's what I meant.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on July 09, 2012, 10:09:55 AM
Huh?

Nosave arrest makes it so that when you commit a crime, you don't resist a soldiers attempt to subdue you. Nosave subdue makes it so that no matter what you will not resist a subdue attempt, and no criminal charges will be put against the person that subdues you. Someone who is unconcious (or stunned unable to move/near death) has nosave subdue on by default.

There's no need for nosave arrest, or making sure someone has nosave subdue on, during these instances.

...actually...
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Bottom line:

If you want to help someone (by subduing them) that needs help, the onus is on them to turn on nosave subdue.  Feel free to remind them of this via OOC if it happens to come up in-game.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Think I'll just kindly put people out of their misery from now on.

* RogueGunslinger steps on %amos neck, applying steady pressure until the writhing stops.

I.. I could troll so many people with this, it would be hilarious.

'hey lol is ur nosave subdue on'

'yeah sure drag me away'

A half-giant soldier of Tektolnes has arrived from the east.

And then die a slow, painful death as your only savior is carried away?

Someone says OOC'ly 'I know I just sapped you but now I need you to turn off nosave subdue.  Let me know when done, kthanks?'
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Yeah...maybe it should just be changed so that you don't become wanted when you subdue someone unconscious (or really drunk). That seems a lot simpler. The cities are way too safe. >.>
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on July 09, 2012, 07:13:44 PM
Yeah...maybe it should just be changed so that you don't become wanted when you subdue someone unconscious (or really drunk). That seems a lot simpler. The cities are way too safe. >.>

Well, what if you don't want to be subdued and carried away? You think a lawman is just going to watch someone get kidnapped?

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on July 10, 2012, 07:21:38 PM
Quote from: Maso on July 09, 2012, 07:13:44 PM

Well, what if you don't want to be subdued and carried away? You think a lawman is just going to watch someone get kidnapped?

The echoes in the Gaj say yes.

Really, though, picture these three situations:

Not resisting subdue, wide awake, my buddy subdues me and drags me off because of some joke/I'm just that lazy. Guards don't care, obviously.

Resisting subdue, someone tries to drag me off, but trying to resist it, I kick and scream and cry for help and the guards cut the guy down. Still makes sense.

Unconscious and subdued by someone. Even though he's a rinther out for my money, he goes: 'naw it's fine he's my bro, imma carry him home now'

To be honest. I am puzzled the hell out on this. Is this a recent code change? I am "positive" I've dragged off a few people from the tavern into the sleeping chamber when they passed out from drink or Way. I didnt ask to have no subdue, I just did it and did not get arrested.

Quote from: Dar on July 11, 2012, 01:04:33 AM
To be honest. I am puzzled the hell out on this. Is this a recent code change? I am "positive" I've dragged off a few people from the tavern into the sleeping chamber when they passed out from drink or Way. I didnt ask to have no subdue, I just did it and did not get arrested.

Nope, if you did it and got away with it, they must have had nosave subdue on.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Lots of people sure have been leaving "nosave subdue" on, then.

Yeah... I have done this 10-20x's within the past year.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

If you are unconscious how can the lawman tell if you want to be hauled away or not anyway?
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

I've been hauled somewhere when passed out drunk without messing with nosaves, with no penalty to the hauler. (They were at whatever the default is.)

Quote from: The Lonely Hunter on July 11, 2012, 10:59:38 AM
If you are unconscious how can the lawman tell if you want to be hauled away or not anyway?

We judge the benefit to protecting any given player from other abusive players that do not have crim-immunity to be greater than the detriment to player immersion.

July 11, 2012, 12:15:15 PM #23 Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:19:19 PM by Potaje
When I was in Tor I hauled off a Drunk passed out malitia soldier.. back to the AOD barracks. I'm pretty certain we never ooced the nosave subdue, and by general practice most soldiers were not kept nosave subdue on.

This was from the Gaj.

[edited to add] I thought that you only got crime flagged if there was resistance and a struggle. Most passed out pc's would then be prone, and so more than not, likely to get insta subdued by the subduer. I think in this many of us players are drawing our perspective.

Though I think staff is saying its not 100% safe, there could be that one time someone fumble/fails and the passed out person may squirm away. Thus crim coding the pc attempting the subdue.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on July 11, 2012, 12:15:15 PM
When I was in Tor

Mystery solved.