Close your eyes, enter the night!

Started by titansfan, June 21, 2012, 01:46:57 PM

I think a cool light addition would be to be able to close your characters eyes. You would still be able to hear things around you, just couldn't see.

I just wanna play hide and seek without cheating guys!
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

...and because you want to train blind-fighting. ;)

Let's get blindfolds while we're at it, that'd rock too.

I would actually like blindfolds too. In the darker seedier areas of Arm they would add so many cool aspects to the scenes. I've also always wanted to use ropes to be able to tie people up if they were unconcious too, but that's a whole different topic.

I want to be able to do this and have blindfolds in the game. Should be a tag onto a pc for look or assess for it too.

look man

Main desc blah blah

Tdesc
His eyes are closed/open.
The tall, muscular man is in excellent condition.

Be neat to be able to wear a bag over your head too, or have one put on you to blind you.

I dig all of the ideas that you have posted.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I've desperately wanted blindfolds IG for many, many years. Especially since the introduction of the blind fighting skill.

Blindfolds and ropes? What the heck are we REALLY talking about here?
What kind of jerkoff shakes a tent in the dark? Go out there and see who or what that is.

Whips are already implemented, we just need to complete the rest of the trio.

Let's do a careful analysis of blindfolds!

PROS:
o High-end warriors can now humiliate you even more - they can kick your ass bare-handed AND blindfolded.
o New prop for interrogation scenes.
o Extra kinky mudsex.

CONS:
o Rooms full of blindfolded, sparring fools.
o Twink enabling.

every dwarf ranger ever walking around with a blindfold on 24/7

I want to be able to shut someone's eyes or mouth when I subdue them, too. When that drunk in the Gaj is singing way out of tune it'd be nice to actually shut the guy up.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

A very relevant thread is here.

Quote from: Something Raesanos said in that thread (circa 2008)Blindfolds are an interesting idea for a variety of reasons and have been tossed around as a potential script before.  It has never been a high priority, but you may see such a thing someday.

Quote from: Drayab on June 21, 2012, 06:13:45 PM
Let's do a careful analysis of blindfolds!

PROS:
o High-end warriors can now humiliate you even more - they can kick your ass bare-handed AND blindfolded.
o New prop for interrogation scenes.
o Extra kinky mudsex.

CONS:
o Rooms full of blindfolded, sparring fools.
o Twink enabling.

Pro: Something to put on hostages before you take them to your super sekrit hideout of doom where you will hold them for a ransom of one million obsidian!

o Twink enabling.

What does this mean? How would this code enable people to twink?

Peaking = twinking or maybe they try to be able to get better at hitting you in a sprring match.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

o Twink enabling.

God forbid people try to get better at their skills.

Luke Skywalker did it, why can't I?  ;D

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 21, 2012, 08:47:45 PM
o Twink enabling.

What does this mean? How would this code enable people to twink?

Quote from: Barsook on June 21, 2012, 08:57:43 PM
Peaking = twinking or maybe they try to be able to get better at hitting you in a sprring match.

Yeah, pretty much. It would make skill maxxing a little bit easier. I do think it could be roleplayed correctly - I also had a vision of Luke Skywalker when I read this thread earlier today.

To be fair, at the rate at which warrior skills raise as of now, I do think that making them a bit easier to train is just.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Warrior skills raise just as well/poorly as any other mundane guild.
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

Meh, just make it NOT raise blind fighting or make a very minor difference and let it. Everyone but the twinks would be happy.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

It is a crime to want to raise your blind fighting skill. People who do it should be put in jail.

Quote from: Yam on June 22, 2012, 01:09:37 AM
It is a crime to want to raise your blind fighting skill. People who do it should be put in jail.

And this is so they can practice it in peace, right?

Love these ideas. Blindfolding. Binding people with rope. Blindfolding. Blindfolding. Binding people with...Blindfolding. :P

Seriously though, hope this stuff gets some attention in the future.