Another curious ponder into your minds

Started by greasygemo, June 21, 2012, 03:03:50 AM

What's one situation you have wanted to engage in but have not been able to as of yet? RP or otherwise...
Personally, I've always wanted to get into a huge screaming match with someone in a language no one else is the room understands with plenty of ridiculous, puzzling, out of context type emotes .. - Me, flails their arms in the air, gesturing wildly to your boots, takes a handful of chalk and hurls it onto the floor

- scowling, they stomp on the chalk, crushing it, screaming and pounding their chest

And then acting all like, oh, that's just how so-and-so is.
..as I think It would be fun..
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

This is a Horrible Horibblle HHorriiiblllee Question, isn't there something else you'ld like to know?
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on June 21, 2012, 05:55:58 AM
This is a Horrible Horibblle HHorriiiblllee Question, isn't there something else you'ld like to know?

Lots, but I wanted to ask this one! *adorable smile*
Does anyone else ever imagine scenarios that would be hilarious/awesome/epic for their character and what kinds of things do they picture?
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

I've never been able to run an Armageddon multi-level marketing scheme.

A loan shark that has goons that goes and beats up people who don't pay back. This is, as far as I can tell, impossible.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

I've yet to play a leader, or actively PK someone (rather than simply point fingers at them).

Quote from: Cind on June 21, 2012, 10:07:38 AM
A loan shark that has goons that goes and beats up people who don't pay back. This is, as far as I can tell, impossible.

I dunno, seems pretty possible.  All you need is money, people that need money, people that work for you, and people that won't pay you back.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on June 21, 2012, 10:12:37 AM

I dunno, seems pretty possible.  All you need is money, people that need money, people that work for you, and people that won't pay you back.

I mean in that.... I think many people who owe you money may die before you get to them, and statistically you'd end up running a deficit. I'd love to be wrong, though. I'd be sitting in a plush chair in my office, smoking a cigar, wearing huge rings and talking like a godfather.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Stick around, buddy, you'll end up in some amazing scenes.

Off the top of my head, I've...

• been betrayed by an elf my half-breed was trying to impress, who laughed at her while she was paralyzed and being eaten by (nasty little critters -find out IC)
  • rescued from an elf by a mul, who was being hunted by the crew she used to work with; he died in her arms to a throwing knife, just one step away from safety
  • banished from a city-state (due to newbie dumbness, but it was a great scene) and promptly hijacked by a nilazi, who tried to woo me to her sorcererous master's cause
  • prepared and led a unit of soldiers to destroy a gith encampment, with only one friendly life lost
  • rescued a Tuluki soldier who was dumped outside Allanaki by a mage, despite gith (and his own stupidity) - included one-shotting a gith in the head
  • been one-shot burninated by a Krathi, and later, found out her clan turned her into a martyr and her death enabled her "family" to extricate them from serious political pressure
  • had a literate character randomly captured by a sorcerer and forced to read a super-sekrit book
  • because my character decided not to reveal what was in that book, she was stalked and plotted against by Lirathans (who ultimately succeeded)
  • a bunch of stuff that happened a few years ago but is probably still too sensitive to mention

Plus lots of others that I'm sure I'm forgetting. In other words, this game's awesome, yo.

Quote from: Delirium on June 21, 2012, 10:26:57 AM
Stick around, buddy, you'll end up in some amazing scenes.

Off the top of my head, I've...

• been betrayed by an elf my half-breed was trying to impress, who laughed at her while she was paralyzed and being eaten by (nasty little critters -find out IC)
  • rescued from an elf by a mul, who was being hunted by the crew she used to work with; he died in her arms to a throwing knife, just one step away from safety
  • banished from a city-state (due to newbie dumbness, but it was a great scene) and promptly hijacked by a nilazi, who tried to woo me to her sorcererous master's cause
  • prepared and led a unit of soldiers to destroy a gith encampment, with only one friendly life lost
  • rescued a Tuluki soldier who was dumped outside Allanaki by a mage, despite gith (and his own stupidity) - included one-shotting a gith in the head
  • been one-shot burninated by a Krathi, and later, found out her clan turned her into a martyr and her death enabled her "family" to extricate them from serious political pressure
  • had a literate character randomly captured by a sorcerer and forced to read a super-sekrit book
  • because my character decided not to reveal what was in that book, she was stalked and plotted against by Lirathans (who ultimately succeeded)
  • a bunch of stuff that happened a few years ago but is probably still too sensitive to mention

Plus lots of others that I'm sure I'm forgetting. In other words, this game's awesome, yo.

This would be a great read for newbies, as an impression of what's possible in the game, even if they have a slowly developing start themselves.

I dunno, seems pretty possible.  All you need is money, people that need money, people that work for you, and people that won't pay you back get killed by a scrab in less than a week's time.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on June 21, 2012, 02:15:41 PM

I dunno, seems pretty possible.  All you need is money, people that need money, people that work for you, and people that won't pay you back get killed by a scrab in less than a week's time.

Well even if they did die to a scrab, this is something a loan shark would take into account in Z-lanthas, you could still pull this role off. Consider the assets of the person coming to get a loan. Sure they may not have the coin they need and so they come to you, but what do they have? A mount, an apartment, family, friends. Make sure that, as a lone shark, you are wise into your investments.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

June 21, 2012, 02:38:37 PM #12 Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 02:40:50 PM by Ender

A smart zalanthan loan shark would do three things.

A) High interest rates to account for all the lost profits from newb deaths
B) Collateral/Pawn
C) Keep close tabs on loanees, so when they do get eaten by that scrab, they can send out minions to loot their bodies.

The real problem with loaning money is that money is too easy to get.  Finding suckers to go along with your loan schemes would be the hardest part.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

June 21, 2012, 02:54:36 PM #13 Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 03:02:25 PM by Zharal
I have to jump in on this one guys and gals.  I myself have played many many types of roles. You would be surprized
what you can do when you think out side the box or code.  I personally belive almost any concept can be played if
formated correctly and if is also possible for the concept to be played in the world of arm. Like you cant make a
professional swimmer cause, well water isnt about, to do such a thing.  But you could hitch a scrab shell to a
sumback or erlu to slide across the salt flats.. (snow boarding or skieing.. wohoo). Just a silly concept but I think
you get the point.  All I can trully say is try and think outside the box, expand your horizons, you would be amazed
what concepts can be played if you just format it right and rp, rp, rp.  I know Im rambling now but just one last thing,
I have always though of arm as the sea, tides come and go. this meaning that there are times where it
seems nothing is going on and boredem and inpacients have been my biggers killers in the past for my characters.  
If one can have the pacients and relax you be surpirzed what you fall into. And on last thing to derail this paragraft, I
am so happy that arm is staying as it it.  I am sorry for the time and effort lost. but there is truly no other world like it.
And thank you to all of you that put such hard labor into makeing a wonderfull place that we can play in.
(and is free)

...grin, back to the spice den..

Quote from: Ender on June 21, 2012, 02:38:37 PM
C) Keep close tabs on loanees, so when they do get eaten by that scrab, they can send out minions to loot their bodies.

That would be a cool experience in Arm, there.  If one day, you're having the best day ever, because you found a large worth of junk on some deader, and sold it all.  Then, you're celebrating at the Gaj, and a shadow looms over your table.  "I heard you found a pair of boots, this morning."

Quote from: Kismetic on June 21, 2012, 02:59:14 PM

That would be a cool experience in Arm, there.  If one day, you're having the best day ever, because you found a large worth of junk on some deader, and sold it all.  Then, you're celebrating at the Gaj, and a shadow looms over your table.  "I heard you found a pair of boots, this morning."

Well invariably, protection would be part of the loan scam.  Because come on, jackboot thugs and loan sharking?  You gotta sell protection too!

"You see, when you take this loan you become an asset to us.  We want to protect you, and keep you safe.  So anytime you do something dangerous, you should let us know.  You wanna go salting?  Great!  Vinnie here likes salting too, just contact him and he'll go with you!"
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Quote from: Ender on June 21, 2012, 03:12:57 PM
"You see, when you take this loan you become an asset to us.  We want to protect you, and keep you safe.  So anytime you do something dangerous, you should let us know.  You wanna go salting?  Great!  Vinnie here likes salting too, just contact him and he'll go with you!"

Farming merchants > playing merchants.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Well invariably, protection would be part of the loan scam.  Because come on, jackboot thugs and loan sharking?  You gotta sell protection too!

Now, I'm a little surprised someone hasn't installed a full-scale mafia-style racketeering outfit in Allanak.

Also the Guild. And the Arm of the Dragon.

But yeah... mostly the Templarate.

Oh, so they actually do things like that.  I didn't know!

/derail

The Guild is one of the coolest clans in game.

One of my favorite characters EVER.

A perfect find out IC type situation, when you ask what they do.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

This one is fun.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Kismetic on June 21, 2012, 03:16:41 PM

Now, I'm a little surprised someone hasn't installed a full-scale mafia-style racketeering outfit in Allanak.

The Red Fangs used to do this kind of thing often.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Now that I think of it, money -is- rather easily earned. For all Zalanthas' grittiness, I've yet to have a character who doesn't have plenty of cash for everything he might need.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.