Hate! (again)

Started by Decameron, May 25, 2012, 03:13:29 PM

Quote from: greasygemo on September 04, 2012, 01:33:12 AM
Hey Kayza, when I'm done making a chandelier from Malkens wimmens, you wanna swing by and trample him with an inix? That'd be great. Thanks bro.
;D

I was just trying to be cool.. all my characters believe in equality and love. 

I try to hug all breeds and tell them that I understand.  I also stick up for them especially if it's just some snobby noble.
I tell elves that it's okay you steal, you can't help it.  But can I flick your ears please?  I always buy them drinks.
Templars I tell them what they are doing wrong, and if they need pointers contact me.  If the templar is really mean I remind them that we are all free in this country.
Magickers I say, Can you make me a magic item, if you do I won't tell anyone. - I mean that's okay right?
Raiders.. I just dont' go out the walls cause they are all jerks.

:-)

Armageddon: Snuggles, hugs, and kisses.

I want to see a human templar, a elven sorcerer, a dwarf mindbender, and a halfling warrior/aggressor.

It would be the A-Team of Armageddon.

Only humans have evolved to the point of being able to become Masters of the Way (Psionocists).
It's (IMO) the evolutionary advantage that enabled them to rule the world every time it gets its reset button pressed.

Just sayin'.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on September 06, 2012, 07:38:26 PM
Only humans have evolved to the point of being able to become Masters of the Way (Psionocists).
It's (IMO) the evolutionary advantage that enabled them to rule the world every time it gets its reset button pressed.

Just sayin'.

Humans just have the most variety, you could find a human that is also as smart as a half-giant.
And there are more like that than psionocists.

So HA!

September 06, 2012, 09:42:13 PM #129 Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 09:45:23 PM by FantasyWriter
You underestimate teh power.

These people can "worm" their way into your head and "bend" your will (or so I assume from public docs and their common IC names, never played one).
It  doesn't take an army of them.

QuoteAs species have evolved, humans found themselves at a disadvantage. No
longer the strongest, fastest, or even smartest beings around, their
survival was in jeopardy. For one reason or another, the human brain was
able to unlock more psionic powers than any of the other beings. Only
humans have been able to become true psionicists, and use psionic skills
other than the basics.
   Psionicists have come to be known as mindbenders, and masters of the
Way. They deal with manipulation of the Way, bending it to serve their
plots and designs. Because of their ability to deal directly with peoples
minds, true psionicists are killed on sight (though of course none would be
so foolish as to announce their presence openly, just as a defiler would
not) in just about every civilized region of Zalanthas, due to their highly
dangerous potential.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I like you theory, John, but I think humans are on top because of guild 'sorcerer king'.

Elves, dwarves, half-elves, half-giants, mantises, and who knows which other races, can spawn sorcerers, too. But benders? Nobody capable of that.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Okay so .001%(or whatever low number it be) of all humans that happen to be a bender are better than other races.  Everyone else is not.  I'm okay with that. :D

I completely understand why most humans hate the other races, the only thing they really have is there are more of them. I be bitter and mad also.  And when you get that lucky bender in your masses, you kill them.  Stupid humans.

Dragons > Humans

They just happen to find humans the most useful to delegate the task of keeping tabs on their huge livestock farm to. Nomnomnom.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I can't speak from any practical experience, and if I had any I couldn't do so even still, but the docs state this is the way it is. Benders, I imagine, have the potential to be pretty damn powerful.

Mindbenders are a myth perpetuated to strike fear and paranoia into the hearts of the huddled masses in order to distract them from devoting their lives to he who saved us, the Mighty Dragon, Tektolnes.  You know this to be true now get back to work!

Quote from: Spoon on September 10, 2012, 02:24:59 PM
I like you theory, John, but I think humans are on top because of guild 'sorcerer king'.

I always figured guild sorcerer king was rooted in: mind benders who learned magick  :-\
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on September 10, 2012, 07:15:49 PM

I always figured guild sorcerer king was rooted in: mind benders who learned magick  :-\

Or visa versa.
Grebber - One who grebs.

September 10, 2012, 08:43:58 PM #138 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:07:30 PM by MeTekillot
Also: mind benders who learned magick that also figured out how to unravel the fabric of time

Quote from: MeTekillot on September 10, 2012, 08:43:58 PM
Also: mind benders who learned magick that also figured out how to unravel the fabric of time

and have figured out the mystery of lost socks.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: kayza on September 10, 2012, 03:30:10 PM
I completely understand why most humans hate the other races, the only thing they really have is there are more of them. I be bitter and mad also.  And when you get that lucky bender in your masses, you kill them.  Stupid humans.

Elves are soft weaklings, dwarves and half-giants are slow and stupid to varying degrees. Humans have a lot going for them, and there's probably a good reason they ended up outnumbering everyone else.

So, uh, hey. Here's a question, and it's a bit odd-

What happens when a -really big- human finds a pretty half-giant lady and they do the diggity nasty and SOMEHOW he does not end up crushed to death and dead?

What would be the result? Another half-giant, or a human? Or a quarter-giant?

??? What's my theory?

Quote from: AdamBlue on September 11, 2012, 03:05:14 AM
So, uh, hey. Here's a question, and it's a bit odd-

What happens when a -really big- human finds a pretty half-giant lady and they do the diggity nasty and SOMEHOW he does not end up crushed to death and dead?

What would be the result? Another half-giant, or a human? Or a quarter-giant?

Find out IC.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on September 11, 2012, 02:54:59 AM

Elves are soft weaklings, dwarves and half-giants are slow and stupid to varying degrees. Humans have a lot going for them, and there's probably a good reason they ended up outnumbering everyone else.

Maybe they have a greater population because they settled down in cities under protective godkings before any other race got the idea?
Grebber - One who grebs.

Elves are paranoid sociopaths toward everyone who isn't their tribe, that's why they fail, not because they're sissies.

For the same reason that cockroaches and other bugs outnumber and will out live us.

I'm still going to go along with the docs.

Quote from: John on September 11, 2012, 04:02:24 AM
??? What's my theory?

Oops, you didn't even post on this page before that. I'm out of here. :P

Quote from: kayza on September 11, 2012, 09:01:26 AM

For the same reason that cockroaches and other bugs outnumber and will out live us.

Zalanthan humans don't live underfoot of the other races nor do they live off of their waste. If any race is comparable to IRL cockroaches, it's city elves. Dwarves are more like domesticated livestock, half-giants and muls are living tools.

Quote from: FantasyWriterMaybe they have a greater population because they settled down in cities under protective godkings before any other race got the idea?

Of course. That kind of falls under 'smarter than dwarves, stronger than elves.'