Armageddon MUD Advertising, 2012

Started by Feco, April 27, 2012, 02:38:44 PM

Quote from: lordcooper on May 23, 2012, 03:56:48 AM

If you want a picture of Armageddon, imagine a Templar's boot stamping on a human face forever.

1984 reference.  :)
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: Maso on May 22, 2012, 10:12:01 PM
Quote from: Dakota on May 22, 2012, 05:51:39 PM
I haven't read over this whole thread..

But out of my good friends here, about 6 work for various ad agencies (Legas D, Young and Rubicam, EuroRSCG, etc).. I've done lots of freelance work for agencies this past 12 months. Maybe I could ask if one of them would do some work for a mini campaign for arm... Working in whatever budget their is. Be it a banner on the mud site or whatever.

If any staff is interested in this I can ask, but just let me know. They would do it pro-bono (aka free of charge)

I'm a graphic designer with digital and print advertising experience (big big agency). I would be happy to put something small together (for free), if someone else figures out the placement and what formats etc.

I had a bunch of mock ups for a short video ad for arm,  Very simple, all the aspects of images are silhouetted against a yellow red-orange to deep red background that changes into a deep red, purple gradation for some night scenes.

The scenes shift and are simple still images with one or two aspects that move and lead to a transition to the next scene. Like a knull or embankment some blades of grass and a tree, the a very tall lanky figure with a bow rises and fires arrows, the arrows soar through the sky black against hte red back ground and the focus follows them leading to the next scene, some riders on inix and or beetles.

The arrows miss.

There was another with tall grass and the shape of a tembo with their wide mouth and tall eye stalks rises up out of it.

Then another scene in a city, which you can tell by the edge of a wall with the corner of a roof and some stairs, a figure with a jar in its arms, profiled so the shape shows it to be so, going up the stairs and across from it out of some shadowy alley the profiled of an assasin, cloaked figure with a knife out stretched and poised to begin a back stab.

There a several others I had drawn up as well.

But I think a you tube promo in this fashion would be really cool, with some mood setting music and scrolling words to inform about the game like a movie intro.

The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Manboog is going to summer school for English. I can make him put some posters up around campus!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

I could flood 4chan with links, that'd be beneficial, right?
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Quote from: Reiteration on May 23, 2012, 10:36:14 AM

Need I remind you of what happens when 4channers start playing the games linked on their board?

I don't think we need a Habbo Hotel style raid in Arma, thanks :D

Quote from: Reiteration on May 23, 2012, 10:36:14 AM

Trader's Inn is closed -- due to AIDS