Armageddon MUD Advertising, 2012

Started by Feco, April 27, 2012, 02:38:44 PM

Why not make zalanthas.org a simple page with voting buttons and a link to the actual forums?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: lordcooper on May 01, 2012, 11:14:15 AM
Why not make zalanthas.org a simple page with voting buttons and a link to the actual forums?

People would likely just bookmark the forum, but it would also remind a bunch of people to vote.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Ugh, Redditors. 

Also there's this on that list:

8   Katawa Shoujo   448

I'm guessing that's some /v/ trololololling or do redditors really like their creepy hentai games?
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Quote from: Ender on May 01, 2012, 11:54:21 AM
Ugh, Redditors. 

Also there's this on that list:

8   Katawa Shoujo   448

I'm guessing that's some /v/ trololololling or do redditors really like their creepy hentai games?

I would assume some trololol.  Even if you criticize the community, Arm's application system is gonna filter out at least some of the idiots.  Most with a short attention span won't even make it past trying to sign up.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

I forsee an influx of meme-regurgitating, argumentative, hardcore left-wingers on the GDB.

Man, they'll fit right in. :-*

There is a war between the lolcat and the brony..

Welcome to the internet.

Quote from: Yam on May 01, 2012, 12:40:30 PMSays the ponytar haver.

(sorry, I am totally derailing this thread. Go vote, it's the easiest way to help us a lot.)

Were the Facebook and G+ sections on the homepage just added, or did I just notice them?
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Once advertised Arm on Reddit a while back, didnt go over so well. Had maybe 4 upvotes?
Though there be no squids to slay,
My spear will taste blood today!

Quote from: Recharge on May 01, 2012, 05:37:46 PM
Once advertised Arm on Reddit a while back, didnt go over so well. Had maybe 4 upvotes?

What sub?  I know Cutthroat has thrown it on /r/mud, and I plug it whenever I get the chance.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

r/gaming I believe. was many months ago.
Though there be no squids to slay,
My spear will taste blood today!

Nice idea, I did it, curreny 20 players, ranking in 40s. Bump.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Rank is currently 50 with 22 (Now 23 that I added it to my account) players listed as playing.

Need more people to do this, we could get and maintain a pretty high rank if more people got involved.

I think physical posters up in gaming shops (like where you buy RPG card games etc) would be cool.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

http://ggportland.com

This shop and the folks in the profile seem pretty interesting. Though you all might like to check it out as well. I have emailed them about promoting Arm in their community. waiting to hear back.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

After some thinking I'm kind of sorry for naysaying the whole reddit thing. I was letting silly internet rivalries cloud my judgement.

Are you still advertising there?

Quote from: Yam on May 22, 2012, 05:33:06 PM
After some thinking I'm kind of sorry for naysaying the whole reddit thing. I was letting silly internet rivalries cloud my judgement.

Are you still advertising there?

We're sitting at spot 49 with 24 votes.  More votes can only help.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

I haven't read over this whole thread..

But out of my good friends here, about 6 work for various ad agencies (Legas D, Young and Rubicam, EuroRSCG, etc).. I've done lots of freelance work for agencies this past 12 months. Maybe I could ask if one of them would do some work for a mini campaign for arm... Working in whatever budget their is. Be it a banner on the mud site or whatever.

If any staff is interested in this I can ask, but just let me know. They would do it pro-bono (aka free of charge)
Czar of City Elves.

Someone has graciously offered to do us a professional grade poster for advertising.  I'd love if everyone gave some input I could pass along.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Biscuits should do an Armageddon advertisement poster! :D
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Dakota on May 22, 2012, 05:51:39 PM
I haven't read over this whole thread..

But out of my good friends here, about 6 work for various ad agencies (Legas D, Young and Rubicam, EuroRSCG, etc).. I've done lots of freelance work for agencies this past 12 months. Maybe I could ask if one of them would do some work for a mini campaign for arm... Working in whatever budget their is. Be it a banner on the mud site or whatever.

If any staff is interested in this I can ask, but just let me know. They would do it pro-bono (aka free of charge)

I'm a graphic designer with digital and print advertising experience (big big agency). I would be happy to put something small together (for free), if someone else figures out the placement and what formats etc.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Feco on May 22, 2012, 08:08:56 PM
Someone has graciously offered to do us a professional grade poster for advertising.  I'd love if everyone gave some input I could pass along.

If you want a picture of Armageddon, imagine a Templar's boot stamping on a human face forever.

Maybe?