Share them triggers (Mud Clients)

Started by Reiteration, April 18, 2012, 02:56:38 AM

April 18, 2012, 02:56:38 AM Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 12:04:15 AM by Reiteration
I just reformatted my computer, and was restoring some triggers on my fresh CMud installation, and thought maybe some people would like to share some trigger expressions.

Note: Keep skill-specific triggers to yourself, please, magic included.

Trigger that matches room titles:

Regular Expression: (?<room>.*) \[[NSEW,Quit ]*\]
zScript: ($room:*) ~[[NSEW,Quit ]*~]$

This will match all room titles, so you can set up an action to highlight it or what-not.

Trigger that matches the line that precedes what a merchant is selling:

Regular Expression: (?<merchant>.*) has the following goods to trade:
zScript: ($merchant:*) has the following goods to trade:

Trigger that matches shop entries:

Regular Expression: (?<id>[\d]*)\) (?<item>.*) for (?<cost>[\d]*) obsidian coins
zScript: ($id:%d)~) ($item:*) for ($cost:%d) obsidian coins
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

April 23, 2012, 11:49:18 PM #1 Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:15:43 AM by Quittle
Cool. Thanks  :)

... When Armageddon Reborn comes out, though, I want to exchange some maps of the original Arm. I'm pretty happy with my collection, but I'm sure others have more thorough ones which look cooler. Unless old content is being reused and/or the staff frowns on such.

April 24, 2012, 08:33:52 AM #2 Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:35:26 AM by Cutthroat
I use these expressions to color different forms of speech, mostly to be able to keep track of things directed to/from me.

Talk:
At your table, you say in (.*):
At your seat, you say in (.*):
At your table, (.*) says in (.*):
At your seat, (.*) says in (.*):

Tell:
You (ask|say to|exclaim to) (.*):
(.*) you (ask|say to|exclaim to) (.*):

Whisper:
(.*) whispers to you, (.*):
You whisper to (.*):
(.*) you whisper to (.*):

Listen:
At (.*), you overhear (.*):

Shout:
You hear(.*)voice shout from (.*) in (.*):

(.*) sends you a telepathic message:
You send a telepathic message to (.*):

In CMUD can I make use magenta in a trigger as in
Text that triggers trigger
#COLOR magenta

Will it know what magenta is?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Triggers are really handy. Thank you for sharing.

Here's a good post from an older thread that has a lot of useful triggers etc for MUSHclient:
Quote from: Archbaron on August 22, 2012, 11:05:35 PM
The community is free to have my MUSHclient world file with my color triggers and a few aliases, since Aaron's has disappeared. It's not perfect, but I've used it without any serious modifications for about 5 years. It's based off of spawnloser's old world file he shared a few years back. If anyone has issues with it or needs help modifying it, I'll help out, but what's provided should be enough to learn from.

Quote from: Barzalene on May 25, 2013, 08:26:50 PM
In CMUD can I make use magenta in a trigger as in
Text that triggers trigger
#COLOR magenta

Will it know what magenta is?

Yes it will know.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Thanks!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Though your idea of what magenta is may be different than CMUD's. :-)
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA