Concepts

Started by bcw81, March 22, 2012, 11:16:31 AM

I'm not sure why nobility would bother setting up a public service so that the common, uneducated rabble can waste paper indescriminately recording their tiny little thoughts.

If you want your ideas recorded to paper, find a noble/GMH who thinks those ideas are interesting enough to do so.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on July 23, 2012, 04:15:29 PM
I'm not sure why nobility would bother setting up a public service so that the common, uneducated rabble can waste paper indescriminately recording their tiny little thoughts.

If you want your ideas recorded to paper, find a noble/GMH who thinks those ideas are interesting enough to do so.
Maybe a negean noble?

Quote from: marko on July 23, 2012, 07:25:08 PM

Maybe a negean noble?

I approve the use of negean nobles.

Because the only thing better than illiteracy is complete access to everything written.   :)

Totalitarian state for the win.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

I vehemently disagree about the whole, "Zan would never have complex thinking"!!    PCs don't make up the world - read the docs and IC rooms more closely and I believe you'll find very complex and rich societies.  (Don't forget how much our accent cultures contributed to today's arts and humanities)

As for bringing ooc art and music into game.  Well, it doesn't bother me.   ICly - if the song has been modified to fit in game, my PC enjoys it.  If the song is too OOC well my PC doesn't like it (doesn't relate to it)

From OOC perspective -- the creativity of the players can be found in how one plays a role.  It doesn't create a very inviting game if Arm comes across as "oh, well if you're not a real artiest in real life you shouldn't play X type of role" or "If you're not combat in real life, you shouldn't play X type of role" -- that gaming philosophy is simply petty and elitist. 
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

It would be a very interesting project for a noble to undertake. To record the thoughts, opinions and knowledge of the uneducated masses - just for amusement or perhaps to see if there is any untapped source of knowledge. The nobles often aren't able to travel, or explore. They kind of...watch the world from within little cages of silk and really on commoners very heavily for their information.

I'm not sure about a library type set-up that anyone would have access to, though.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game