Game of Thrones inspired my return to ARM

Started by Vox, June 06, 2011, 09:23:26 PM

Hey everyone,

Grad school has stolen all of my free time over the last couple years and as a result I've barely had the chance to log in.. until, that is, I was introduced to HBO's series Game of Thrones. Krath's big fiery balls this show is unbelievably good!

Now, I'm way behind the times on this so everyone has probably already discussed this at length but I wondered if anyone else had a similar story of inactivity until seeing this show. :)

If you know old school players who have fallen away, I highly recommend prescribing them a viewing of this show and I dare them not to return.

Thoughts?  ;D

Same thing is happening to me.

Damn that show.  It is also making me buy more books.

Arm has the storytelling -capability- that no other game does...just that it isn't always fulfilled.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Never seen an episode but I'll try to check it out.  I have it on good authority that when Vox says something is cool, it's cool.

Hey Vox.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Stupid show, stupid concept ideas, stupid reminiscing (I read the books for the first time while I last seriously played and it influenced the character), stupid Petyr Baelish, stupid twenty-four hour days.  I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS.

em whacks her head into the bar.

:'(

Quote from: saquartey
Rairen, what would we do without you?

I'm glad you're back. Let the mayhem ensue!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Thanks guys!  ;D

Seriously though, the production value alone makes the show worth watching. But the writing and performances are impressive as well and the connections to ARM are so glaringly apparent that I started having ARM-dreams again about character concepts.

I'm taking part in a program at the Guthrie Theater in Minnesota for a couple months over the summer, but when I get back I'm gonna devote some time to Ginka... try not to burn Zalanthas down before I get back.

Anyone playing a noble NEEDS to watch that show, sheer brilliance, do yourself a favor.

Alas, if only ARM's setting allowed for more high-stakes politicking.

I don't think we're going to see any civil wars any time soon.

I haven't seen this yet, but I keep meaning to.

Welcome back to Arm!
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Game of Thrones has definitely inspired characters of mine.  Even before it was a TV show.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: jstorrie on June 07, 2011, 07:51:11 PM
Winter Armageddon 2.0 is coming.
I WANT TO BELIEVE
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

Vaporware of the text based gaming world.

Quote from: mattrious on June 07, 2011, 09:34:45 PM

Vaporware of the text based gaming world.

Wanna bet?
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

I've got this horrible feeling that if any one says yes reborn will be cancelled just to prove them wrong.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

It's all right guys, take your time. Arm 2 doesn't sound like my cup of tea anyway. ;)
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Quote from: Erythil on June 07, 2011, 05:14:04 PM

We have to make them ourselves.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on June 08, 2011, 07:31:23 AM
Quote from: Erythil on June 07, 2011, 05:14:04 PM

We have to make them ourselves.

That's all well and good to say, but every single town has built into its setting that there is an omnipotent all-powerful being at the top who could kill his entire population if he felt so inclined.

Yeah, you can have wars among tribes, but civil wars in the cities?  Unrealistic.

BYOS?

Bring your own sorcerer king?

Quote from: Vox on June 06, 2011, 09:23:26 PM
Hey everyone,

Grad school has stolen all of my free time over the last couple years and as a result I've barely had the chance to log in.. until, that is, I was introduced to HBO's series Game of Thrones. Krath's big fiery balls this show is unbelievably good!

Now, I'm way behind the times on this so everyone has probably already discussed this at length but I wondered if anyone else had a similar story of inactivity until seeing this show. :)

If you know old school players who have fallen away, I highly recommend prescribing them a viewing of this show and I dare them not to return.

Thoughts?  ;D

HOLY FUCK YES!

;D
;D
;D

Gawddamn, I might start playing again just for the hopes of running into you again.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on June 09, 2011, 07:58:36 AM
HOLY FUCK YES!

;D
;D
;D

Gawddamn, I might start playing again just for the hopes of running into you again.
+1

Vox brought me back from the dead (RL).
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli