What's with all of you and Mudsex?

Started by Zerero, April 21, 2011, 05:43:28 PM

I hear a comment about mudsex at least once every topic...is there one or two of you obsessed with it or is this a corrupt fourm of crazies ;]

I'm kidding, I don't plan on leaving anytime soon, but I really need to get a few answers on this question...thanks.

I branched into mudsex under my manipulation skills.

Does that count as addicted?
Quote from: Return of the King (1980)
It's so easy not to try,
Let the world go drifting by--
If you never say, "Hello,"
You won't have to say, "Good Bye."

What's with all of you and making elves?
What's with all of you who only play females or males?
What's with all of you that want phat in game lewt and reroll characters just to get it?
What's with all you Amoses?
What's with all you?
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: boog on April 21, 2011, 05:50:39 PM
What's with all of you and making elves?
What's with all of you who only play females or males?
What's with all of you that want phat in game lewt and reroll characters just to get it?
What's with all you Amoses?
What's with all you?

Those questions need to be answerd also. Mostly the Amoses one

Some of what you read on the GDB are probably topics that only a handful of interested people reply to. And probably only a fraction of the actual population of Arm players post on the GDB regularly.
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

Sex is a universally interesting topic because we all have desires. It's evident in marketing.

It's only natural that mudsex arouses enough interest for people to post about.
It's so easy not to try,

Also, it's a bit of a running gag.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Kind of like Amos, the other guy(i can't remember him, please post his name) Mavek (I think?) and Trissy?

Also, petoching people with Ath.
It's so easy not to try,

Amos, Malik and someone else. But she's usually a tressy-tressed maiden.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Pearl is the female Amos, I believe.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

I thought Talia was the female equivalent of Amos.
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Right! Talia.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Was just browsing the thread hoping for a mudsex log. Disappointed again.  :-\
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on April 21, 2011, 06:52:20 PM
Was just browsing the thread hoping for a mudsex log. Disappointed again.  :-\
We can never have what we desire. :c

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Pearl is NOT the female equivalent of Amos.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on April 21, 2011, 07:48:08 PM

Who is then? Talia?

Where did this Amos come from?

Legend has it, that once upon a time in the age of Steinal, there were a few characters named Amos all being played during the same time frame. Legend continues, that Malik is the second-most popular name, or was, at that time. Talia, supposedly, is, or was, the most popular name for a female.

Text-based sexual scenes in muds, throughout gaming history, has continued to be the source of endless entertainment and amusement among gamers, though often it's more the ridiculousness of how seriously some people take it, and less the actual masturbation value.

And so, the running gags involve Amos, Malik, and Talia, and mudsex. Sometimes at the same time. Together. All three of them. It's really just a running joke. The mudsex thing, AND the Amos/Malik/Talia thing.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

IF YOU WANT HOT STEAMING MUDSEX CLICK HERE!!!

I apologize that it's not bigger. I don't know where my big version went.

Quote from: Lizzie on April 21, 2011, 11:07:02 PM
And so, the running gags involve Amos, Malik, and Talia, and mudsex. Sometimes at the same time. Together. All three of them. It's really just a running joke. The mudsex thing, AND the Amos/Malik/Talia thing.

This is all true. Also, I would say people post about mudsex so much because a- they want it, b- they want other people to have less of it and interact more, or c- they think it's funny. Sometimes they can be a, b, and c all at once. But really, people don't just post about mudsex. We follow a specific pattern of posting that can be found here.

Quote from: a strange shadow on April 21, 2011, 11:09:57 PM
i.e. armageddonMUD has GDB memes. :) *

*Edited for dramatic emphasis.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Sometimes, I check my skills, knowing I haven't done anything codewise.  Vaguely, I'm hoping that I have the mudsex skill, and it's somehow improved.   ::)

Text-based sexual scenes in muds, throughout gaming history, has continued to be the source of endless entertainment and amusement among gamers, though often it's more the ridiculousness of how seriously some people take it, and less the actual masturbation value.

So I really am the only one who masturbates during mudsex?  :'(
Sorry for the slow responses.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Kismetic on April 22, 2011, 02:26:42 AM
Sometimes, I check my skills, knowing I haven't done anything codewise.  Vaguely, I'm hoping that I have the mudsex skill, and it's somehow improved.   ::)

Practice practice practice...
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: Barzalene on April 21, 2011, 07:48:08 PM

Oh... I must have remembered wrong. My mistake.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Legend has it, that once upon a time in the age of Steinal, there were a few characters named Amos all being played during the same time frame. Legend continues, that Malik is the second-most popular name, or was, at that time. Talia, supposedly, is, or was, the most popular name for a female.

And then one day Super Amos was born. His friends abbreviated his name to S. Amos and eventually he was simply known as Samos.

True story. I think.
Sarge?

Quote from: Thunkkin on April 22, 2011, 07:50:59 AM

And then one day Super Amos was born. His friends abbreviated his name to S. Amos and eventually he was simply known as Samos.

True story. I think.

;D ;D ;D