What's with all of you and Mudsex?

Started by Zerero, April 21, 2011, 05:43:28 PM

April 22, 2011, 07:58:40 AM #25 Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:03:59 AM by SMuz
Quote from: Kismetic on April 22, 2011, 02:26:42 AM
Sometimes, I check my skills, knowing I haven't done anything codewise.  Vaguely, I'm hoping that I have the mudsex skill, and it's somehow improved.   ::)

It's a class skill for all the guilds, but someone has to 'teach' it to you. I think I got it from a staff's character or from one of X-D's characters. Never actually got the chance to use it at that time though, because female/homosexual male dwarves are so rare.

The problem is that most characters start as complete newbies, so as much as you're emoting all your sex, the characters all start off virgins until some long lived character teaches them how to do sex. I guess "prostitute" is some 9 karma subguild, because it's too easily abused by all the teenagers playing this game.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on April 22, 2011, 07:58:40 AM

It's a class skill for all the guilds, but someone has to 'teach' it to you. I think I got it from a staff's character or from one of X-D's characters. Never actually got the chance to use it at that time though, because female/homosexual male dwarves are so rare.

The problem is that most characters start as complete newbies, so as much as you're emoting all your sex, the characters all start off virgins until some long lived character teaches them how to do sex. I guess "prostitute" is some 9 karma subguild, because it's too easily abused by all the teenagers playing this game.

This is truth.

Also, remember when trying to branch into mudsex that the act of mudsex is 'turn-based', so if you make mistakes by posting crazily quick then you will [censored due to sekret content] and be able to [censored due to super-sekret content]!
Quote from: Return of the King (1980)
It's so easy not to try,
Let the world go drifting by--
If you never say, "Hello,"
You won't have to say, "Good Bye."

I think I'm the only player what never mud-sexed.

I saw this topic and thought, damn. Now I can't start a General MudSex topic that will live longer than I will.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

To this day, I have never actually mudsexed. Everything has gone FTB or been interrupted mid-sexy dance.

There's been a lot of massages and rubdowns though.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I'm still on my first char and they've not even been close to anything yet - even for a FTB. :/

Heh, that's ironic. My earliest characters are the ones who got the most people flirting with them, with none on the future characters. I never actually played it out though, I just stripped one character, and then OOC'ed 'gtg' because I didn't know how to FTB. And the later characters were rather ugly, with uglier girlfriends, so I'm glad to FTB with them.
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Oh, what fun. Interesting discussion...hopefully my 3rd character can find true love.  :o

April 25, 2011, 01:57:23 PM #32 Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:59:53 PM by Potaje
I recall being told by a player that consented at first then faded that they had been playing and their significant other in rl was playing. They would play near each other in the same room. and apparently the other caught a glimpse over the players shoulder an hollered for a fade to black.

Soon I got an email from staff, with a wagging finger. I can naught remember if the other had sent in the complaint on their own account or via the players account, but the player said that the complaint did come from the other. OUCH.

Its funny because I think generally I like the whole preparing to do the nasty, then cut out and come back in with a "HOwdy Duddy, that was good."

But after a few times I think that the mud sex itself became boring in the sense it took to much up keep, to much time away from other things and it your not an independent and have repsonsibilities, and the other person just wants to hook up all the time it become taxing.

So when the demand becomes high I kill them... or want to. Killing is easier than breaking up. Less broken hearts and all.. I mean in the end its really the least cruel thing to do. After all, someone broken up with always (generally) has that hollowed heart feeling of being dead.

Now I prefer good solid relationships, character development with career minded others. Working together towards a purpose.
Long walks, tea on the balcony of the tea house, watching Krath descend, while listening to the waifing music and voices of the circle rise up from below.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

I want to MUDsex with Potaje.  We have the same opinion and stuff.

My opinion? It's not that I think sexy time can't be an important part of the story. It's more that I can think of a thousand other things that would be a better use of my time ingame. Glossing over the scene or fading to black can generally accomplish exactly the same thing a more drawn-out scene can, in .01% of the time.

Eh, just FTB all the sex that the characters are doing. It's just one of those background things that happens off the set, like pooping. Or roleplay having an argument with them about how your character is getting bored from all their demands.

If you really like the OOC aspect of roleplaying the mudsex, then exchange emails or something. The two of you can then have hours of OOC fun writing walls of "Talia, the mul maker" pron on AIM :P

I know you're kidding (right?) but it's kinda lame to kill someone for a break up. The game is about harshness, after all, and the character development from that harshness. Breaking up a strong relationship is probably the ultimate harshness you could get. I'd really love to have some kind of PC breakup instead of some lame vNPC one which doesn't quite get my heart in it. And it produces a very intense love/hate rivalry between the two characters. It has the potential to introduce so, so, so much fun. I'm a bit disappointed that all my IC relationships end with the significant other dying to some scrab or something just after they start getting serious.

April 25, 2011, 02:48:29 PM #36 Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 02:55:51 PM by Mazy
One of the coolest deaths (back in 2008, when I first started) I've ever had was over a guy. Another lover and I got into it in the apartment, and she had spears against my knives.

Before I died, I was just barely able to send him via the way: "I will not be seeing you again. Know that I loved you."

My dirty breed died face down in that apartment. But before she died, she said, "He'll never love you like he loves me!"

The tribal's reply was, "I do not care." before she plunged her spear into my heart.

I cried after one of my favorite characters was slain. With that said, mudsex is srs business.
Quote from: Return of the King (1980)
It's so easy not to try,
Let the world go drifting by--
If you never say, "Hello,"
You won't have to say, "Good Bye."

I had a PC whose relationship went south. The ex was pretty prominent and in some ways scary, also sometimes an annoying shit. My PC worried constantly that he would kill her new guy.

It was AWESOME.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I mudsex because I want to. I have no problems with fades, either. I fade if it starts to become extremely over-personal or over-graphic, though.

I mostly fade, but I've had some hilarious mudsex encounters. In fact, I'm pretty sure I lol at least once every time.

But, anyway, it's not my focus and in fact, with some characters, I actively pursue the opposite road. I mean, who the fuck wants lover's bleed?
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

The best mudsex I've ever had was playing a whore. Because some johns think up hilarious things.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

Quote from: Potaje on April 25, 2011, 01:57:23 PM
I recall being told by a player that consented at first then faded that they had been playing and their significant other in rl was playing. They would play near each other in the same room. and apparently the other caught a glimpse over the players shoulder an hollered for a fade to black.

Soon I got an email from staff, with a wagging finger.

I don't get it, how did you deserve the wagging finger?

Nothing against mudsex, but I'm with Strange Shadow.  A fade, with or without a good fade emote, can accomplish the same stuff in a lot less time.  Especially in an ongoing relationship.  Especially when I have limited play times.  Two hours of exchanged squelching emotes is not so much my thing.  Not that anyone ever emotes the squelching, because all of our characters have the perfect sex all of the time and without any of the squicky parts

But sometimes I don't fade, and it's usually for a good reason.  For instance, I had one predominantly gay character who was in her first long term relationship with a man, and she would forget the mul mix.  The question was always, is he going to remind her?  Sometimes he wouldn't.  Sometimes he would at exactly the most awkward timing.  One time there was a half-naked mad rush through a couple locations in a place, looking for where someone MUST HAVE stashed some mul mix SOMEWHERE.  It was hilarious.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: spicemustflow on April 25, 2011, 04:03:01 PM
Quote from: Potaje on April 25, 2011, 01:57:23 PM

Soon I got an email from staff, with a wagging finger.

I don't get it, how did you deserve the wagging finger?

It was more of a, watch your self and be mindful of fades. How could they know it was someone else, and if fact I'm not sure of all the details only what I was told by the other player, sometime later when they IM'd about the humor of the whole thing. It really wasn't a big deal.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Sort of related.

A half-giant PC and another (if I remember correctly, one of the two was /very/ well known) started doing explicit stuff in the Gaj several months ago without asking for consent.

I'm no prude, but I really should have filed a player complaint.  Too late now and I don't think I was logging at the time, so I can't be sure I remember who it was and all that.

I just left even though it was the middle of the night and ICly I'm not sure if my character would have seen it/payed attention.

I just thought it was sort of rude. (and pretty nasty -- you're not allowed to dog on me for that)

The End!
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Heh heh. Sorry about that. Totally my fault. Or was it?

This thread makes me giggle.
Strangely enough. (as long as we're exchanging stories) My favorite mudsexin' was when I was roleplaying a woman. I will leave it at that and make you all wonder. ~mysterious~

I am just full of mystery tonight. Or am I?
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Feco on April 25, 2011, 08:43:47 PM
Sort of related.

A half-giant PC and another (if I remember correctly, one of the two was /very/ well known) started doing explicit stuff in the Gaj several months ago without asking for consent.

I'm no prude, but I really should have filed a player complaint.  Too late now and I don't think I was logging at the time, so I can't be sure I remember who it was and all that.

I just left even though it was the middle of the night and ICly I'm not sure if my character would have seen it/payed attention.

I just thought it was sort of rude. (and pretty nasty -- you're not allowed to dog on me for that)

The End!

I think somebody else complained. I think it was addressed. :P

I ask consent for the littlest things myself. My character wants to flash her boobs? Consent. Sing a dirty song? Consent. I just feel super mean or rude or assuming if I don't.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

I do the same as Boog. Even if my character is going to start -saying- terrible things, I ask for consent. About the furthest I toe the line are certain four-letter expletives used in namecalling.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

I won't lie. I've gotten pretty bad about asking for consent. I havn't done it since that one time with the people.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

OK, fine, if nobody else will, I'll actually post in defense of mudsex.

I'll be the first to admit that there are often many other more interesting things you can be doing, and *unquestionably* more interactive things you can be doing (since you can really only interact with two or three other people when you're mudsexing. .. what? three is viable..), but it can be a great tool for exploring a character's mindset and personalities. People expose a LOT of psychological traits when they're having sex with another person, and the WAY that they have that sex can often be a really clear indicator of things that it's difficult to express otherwise. There are a lot of fascinating, deep-rooted issues that come much more quickly to the fore when you're engaged in sex. I will generally always prefer to NOT fade, as a general rule, the first time my PC has sex with a new partner.

Other things I like about mudsex between characters:

• You can get caught. This is super interesting sometimes.
  • You can get killed. If you fade, a lot of the time you'll just fade. When you mudsex, you take your shit off.
  • You can *kill the other person*. Could you IMAGINE how frustrating it'd be to bribe a whore to fuck someone so you could sneak in and murder them while they're naked, only to have them fade to black with their armour on and idle? ooc'ing, "could you remove your armour, please," seems rather out of place.
  • Hidden magickers can slip things into emotes that are VASTLY more subtle than "ooc The sex was okay, she seemed to be particularly hot temperature wise."
  • It has been my extensive experience (shut up) that people become more attached to you and more easily manipulated, and react more realistically to having sex, if you emote it out and don't just fade to black.
  • You may learn things about your character you didn't know, just like the first time your character goes hunting, starts crafting, casts a spell, gets drunk, etc.

That all said, it DOES kind of bother me when LEADER PCs engage in constant mudsex, because it renders them unavailable tor interaction with the people they're supposed to be interacting with. That fucking sucks. For the very same reasons I stated above, I think it's something that is still useful and interesting to play out, but they need to be more cognizant of the fact than others that when they're fucking for a few RL hours, they are likely actively depriving other players who RELY upon them for interaction.

Anyway, my two sids. Even if you disagree with me, at least take a bit of it into consideration and strip down and idle for a bit when you decide to fade.
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?