History of Zalanthas, for a character turning 18.

Started by mansa, March 27, 2011, 10:11:18 PM

Hi,

Can someone help me out?

If someone is turning 18 this friday in Zalanthas, what is his world history that he knows?

What big events happened since Year 49, of the 21st age ?

It's year 67 now.

In terms of Tuluk or in terms of Allanak.

I'm having trouble writing a background for a character since the history page is updated from Year 39, which was about 2007~2008.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

The last HRPT happened in the beginning of Ascending Sun, Year 56, Age 21. Someone born on Year 49 would have been about 7 at the time of the disasters in either city.

Well, it'd still be useful for all those characters who were above 18. And coincidentally, I last stopped playing Arm in 2008, so I'd like to know what happened too :P
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Some information on that HRPT that should be well-known is here:
http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,37225.0.html

While I'm sure other things have happened before and since, none of it is posted about like that, so it's hard to describe them while breaking rules, and best left to staff updating the history page or posting here.

Ah, so that's where that moon came from. I was wondering why I hadn't noticed it before.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Cool thanks.

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

a person wouldn't know a damn thing about 'gickers, right? apart from the fact that they're 'gickers?

or that tektolnes killed his father, besides historians and possibly nobles, who are educated?
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Cindy42 on March 27, 2011, 11:14:54 PM
a person wouldn't know a damn thing about 'gickers, right? apart from the fact that they're 'gickers?

or that tektolnes killed his father, besides historians and possibly nobles, who are educated?

The sort of answer I was looking for was pointed to by Cutthroat, the GDB addict.

I didn't want to get into specifics.  Just what a generic person would know about their hometown.

Quote from: Cindy42 on March 27, 2011, 11:14:54 PM

You're offtopic. This would better be put in Random Arm Thoughts, as it really has nothing to do with the OP's question.

But here: http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,31255.msg594711.html#msg594711
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: SMuz on March 27, 2011, 10:56:19 PM
Ah, so that's where that moon came from. I was wondering why I hadn't noticed it before.

The first time I saw that moon on a recent character I freaked out despite actually being present at the HRPT. The timeline really needs to be updated.

Quote from: Akaramu on March 28, 2011, 08:14:27 AM
Woohoo Mansa is playing again.  ;D

This enhappinates me.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Malifaxis on March 28, 2011, 09:06:19 AM
Quote from: Akaramu on March 28, 2011, 08:14:27 AM
Woohoo Mansa is playing again.  ;D

This enhappinates me.

QFFT.  With an extra 'F' for Mansa.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

There is no F in Mansa, but it's pronounced like the double o in boot!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I was more thinking of the extra F being pronounced 'ffffff' and not exactly pronounced Oo.  Though QFOT would be funny to say out loud three times fast.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

QuoteThe sort of answer I was looking for was pointed to by Cutthroat, the GDB addict.

Your post count is nearly three times as high as his.

And mine just went up by 1!  ;D
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on June 06, 2011, 03:30:53 PM
QuoteThe sort of answer I was looking for was pointed to by Cutthroat, the GDB addict.

Your post count is nearly three times as high as his.

And mine just went up by 1!  ;D

top 5 by hours browsing:
Cutthroat      338d 4h 34m
Marauder Moe      186d 19h 12m
Gimfalisette      163d 11h 31m
staggerlee      150d 23h 48m
Yam      124d 6h 3m
Synthesis      121d 17h 25m
Nyr      

what about a new topic

in which people can ask, if my new character is X years old, would they know about X HRPT/event//would X event have happened during their lifetime and when?

i can't think of a title
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

We know that the history page needs updating, but there has been no other HRPT since the last one mentioned in this thread (Dec 2009), so you should be able to base all of your current character backgrounds off of that one (if you'd like to reference it).
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on July 01, 2011, 08:49:00 AM
We know that the history page needs updating, but there has been no other HRPT since the last one mentioned in this thread (Dec 2009), so you should be able to base all of your current character backgrounds off of that one (if you'd like to reference it).

thank you
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!