Quick command question

Started by Yasbusta, March 06, 2011, 08:25:59 AM

SO I know you all will laugh, I am chuckling at myself as is. I want to set it up so that when I rest after loosing movement that I will see the changes.
I know I will see all changes from resting not just movement, just used it as an example.
It used to be someting like
<3hp 1/100mv 3st> 4(100)  6(100)    8(100)

and so on and so forth, I can for the life of me remember the command that does this, nor have I found it after an hour of reading here and the help files.
Can someone take 2 seconds and inform me, Thank you

Yasbusta

March 06, 2011, 08:40:04 AM #1 Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 08:41:49 AM by hyzhenhok
Prompt.

Read help prompt.

I stole a prompt one of our respected players, AmandaGreathouse, posted: prompt [HP:%h/%H|STM:%v/%V|STN:%t/%T]\n[%A|%e|%O|%s|%w]\n\n

Sorry prompt took me a moment to find aswell, but I'm not talking about the prompt part, I already have that setup. If I rest and do nothing, when I get back a certain number of movement or stun or whatever it may be, it will show up as something like  4(100) 6(100)
I should have been more specific, I placed the prompt in my example to show what happens when you aren't typing anything, your just waiting.

Thanks for your quick response, Hyzhenhok

Quote from: Yasbusta on March 06, 2011, 09:02:05 AM
Sorry prompt took me a moment to find aswell, but I'm not talking about the prompt part, I already have that setup. If I rest and do nothing, when I get back a certain number of movement or stun or whatever it may be, it will show up as something like  4(100) 6(100)
I should have been more specific, I placed the prompt in my example to show what happens when you aren't typing anything, your just waiting.

Thanks for your quick response, Hyzhenhok

It will update whenever you submit anything to the mud, including an empty return.

You can set up your client to do this automatically, but it will mess with the idle timers and could lead to your PC starving or dying of thirst more easily.

March 06, 2011, 09:44:06 AM #4 Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 09:46:47 AM by Lizzie
It's not prompt. It's the stat bar. I can't remember how it worked or whether it was client-side or game-side. I used to have it with mushclient, and then for some reason it stopped doing what it did, so I disabled it. And now I can't remember how. But I know EXACTLY what you mean!

HELP INFOBAR

The movement of the numbers occurs when the stats change. But it doesn't work on all clients, and someone once told me it wasn't supposed to do that at all, and was a code bug, and had me fix it. And that's when it stopped doing what I WANTED it to do. I never figured out how to make it do that again, so I stopped using infobar.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quickly downloads gmud and tests infobar. Darnit that exactly what I was looking for, looks like is client side. I used to use gmud and only gmud. Now to go to gmud or keep cmud that is the question.
Hmmm, maybe I can keep cmud and make it work like gmud, starts going through the options on cmud.

Thank you both for your help. :)

The infobar feature requires a client with VT100 emulation, something which MUSHclient doesn't implement completely.

The infobar itself is implemented game-side. When you activate it by using the "infobar" command in game, the game begins sending instructions (encoded in ANSI escape sequences) to your client to tell it how to draw the bar on your screen. If your client can't read and act on the codes, the infobar won't display properly.

On a side note, I think it'd be kind of cool to MUD from an actual VT100, though I don't know that I'd trust one enough to play Arm on.

It was the "doesn't display properly" that I think Yasbusta is trying to emulate. That's exactly what happened with me - it wasn't displaying properly, but I LOVED the "incorrect" display. When I mentioned it to someone, they told me something was wrong with it, and told me how to fix it. And when I did, that "incorrect display" went away, and it sucked, and I hated it, and never used it again.

So maybe the solution for Yasbusta is to use it, incorrectly, on Mushclient. And don't take anyone's advice if they tell you it's not working right, and instruct you on how to fix it.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

In ZMUD or CMUD, I have a tick timer set up to send a dummy character (currently using °) every 30 seconds, so the MUD sends my prompt.  Be advised: this will prevent the game from thinking you are linkdead if you go AFK for over an hour.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Wow Synthesis, your still playing. I think I'm just going to try to make the infor bar work incorrectly with cmud.
I did like how it didn't work right before, I found it very useful. I'll let you guys and girls know once I figure it out.

Yasbusta

So I got it working already, if anyone is curious.
in cmud v 2.37 Options > General > Session    deselect vt102 emulation
then I reloaded arm and turned on the infobar, it now works as I want it.

*does a happy dance*

fyi I change a number of settings so perhaps they may have something to do with it aswell should you try this and it doesn't work correctly.

Yasbusta

You should ask me.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I asked everyone, anyways who wants to find out anything from a blue eyed boy?