Armageddon is full?

Started by Kankman, September 18, 2010, 09:02:49 PM

The game is in the process of rebooting right now.

<insert PC here> got so fat nobody else can fit in the game.
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

Arm is like a boomer from Left For Dead, all big and fat, and they are gonna pop him with a big needle and he goes boom and makes bile go everywhere, then we all smile and cheer and go back into Armageddon! Yay!
:)
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Reboots are a necessary evil, we need to do them when we want to make certain types of changes go live.

Be glad we don't take the whole Saturday to do that, as we used to.  Be glad we're still trying to make changes and make things better.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Our dismay is not a sign of our contempt, bur rather our great eagerness to experience the fruits of your labors.   8)

On the subject of Saturday down time...

I kind of miss those days. It was like opening a present every Saturday when the mud opened back up for mere mortals. There was always something new, and we never knew what it was going to be.

Someone out there is thinking the mud needed rebooting due to their mudsex.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

I want my instant gratification!

Quote from: Talia on September 18, 2010, 09:21:46 PM

Is it me?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on September 18, 2010, 09:22:53 PM
Quote from: Talia on September 18, 2010, 09:21:46 PM

Is it me?

Interesting, interesting.  :)
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

I almost won...
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 6 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

Totally won this time...
Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 0 players currently in the world, other than yourself.

Quote from: Adhira on September 18, 2010, 09:19:24 PM
Reboots are a necessary evil, we need to do them when we want to make certain types of changes go live.

Be glad we don't take the whole Saturday to do that, as we used to.  Be glad we're still trying to make changes and make things better.
So we're back - what's this change?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Holy shit.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Saturday downtime were days of sadness.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Bogre on September 18, 2010, 10:12:20 PM

Saturday downtimes were a healthy break from the game. You weren't missing anything in game, and you had no option of slacking off from what you could be doing that day (at least, not by playing Armageddon).

Quote from: a strange shadow on September 18, 2010, 10:21:51 PM
Quote from: Bogre on September 18, 2010, 10:12:20 PM

Saturday downtimes were a healthy break from the game. You weren't missing anything in game, and you had no option of slacking off from what you could be doing that day (at least, not by playing Armageddon).

Saturday downtimes sucked for people who can only play on Saturday and Sunday.   :(
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

If you're that busy, should you really be spending the day playing a game? Go DO something.

In my heretical opinion.

Quote from: a strange shadow on September 18, 2010, 10:24:53 PM
If you're that busy, should you really be spending the day playing a game? Go DO something.

In my heretical opinion.

Most Saturdays I go over to my friend's house and drink, watch Hell's Kitchen with him and his girlfriend, and go on random adventures.  Some weeks though (like this week) I just need to zombie (yes, I used zombie as a verb).

I think that taking a break for a day is a good thing, but I don't think it should be forced upon you.  Most people should have that kind of self-control.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

I will be optimistically skeptical about this new area. If it's anything like the lounge in SoI I'll be more optimistic; I think they did a great job at finding a way to help new players without it reeking of "newbie school."
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.