You are stunned, and unable to move.

Started by Qzzrbl, September 04, 2010, 11:39:34 PM

September 07, 2010, 05:03:39 PM #50 Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 05:05:38 PM by MeTekillot
Quote from: roughneck on September 07, 2010, 05:01:14 PM
I wouldn't mind have -10 stun points before you're out cold.  From 0 to -10 you would be stunned, awake but unable to do anything and you snap out of it much faster but if you drop below that -10 you're in a coma sonny and you deal with the 20 minute wait in place now.  Although with stun damage the way it is 10 points isn't much of a buffer.

173hp 194mv 185st>
The beefy dwarf hits at you, but you dodge out of the way.
The beefy dwarf hits you, nicking your body.

172hp 194mv 100st>
The beefy dwarf hits at you, grazing your head.
Your vision goes black.
170hp 194mv -42st>

September 09, 2010, 12:33:05 AM #51 Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 12:35:09 AM by Qeynos
Would be nice with some variety based on the cause of unconsciousness. It's a bit too black and white, and the code doesn't appear to care whether you were knocked out by falling head first off the Shield Wall or by over-taxing your psionic contact by a few points. In general, I dislike how the stun resource is connected to so many different things, from having its maximum value reduced up to several times by various toggled abilities to governing both clubs to the head and telepathy all with the same resource. Watching a doorway or eavesdropping at the bar shouldn't make you more likely to drop lights-out if somebody punches you in the nose. There really ought to be a concentration resource that takes care of psionics and scan/watch/listen/guard so that stun can remain the physical aspect of consciousness. Depending on your stats, it's possible to have barrier cut your stun maximum in half by itself.

On a side note, what the hell is up with climb crit-fail? Is this a bug or something?

Just because you see zero, doesn't mean that there isn't negative stun in the background that is determining how long you are knocked out for.

Shortest time knocked out was around 1.5 seconds.  Knocked out by an aggressive NPC, had time to stand and scamper off before it tried to kill me again.

Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Quote from: Twilight on September 14, 2010, 03:04:01 PM
Just because you see zero, doesn't mean that there isn't negative stun in the background that is determining how long you are knocked out for.

If there is, it sure as hell isn't prevalent enough.

As I've said earlier, I've been knocked out -alot- IG.... Haven't noticed any real difference in the knockout times.

Quote from: Twilight on September 14, 2010, 03:04:01 PM

Shortest time knocked out was around 1.5 seconds.  Knocked out by an aggressive NPC, had time to stand and scamper off before it tried to kill me again.

The deviation is almost certainly random, otherwise you wouldn't have 10 minute knockouts from overusing the Way.

Quote from: X-D on September 07, 2010, 03:43:40 PM
I suppose I should weigh in.

First, yes, KO durations are quite silly, they should never last more then 5 minutes RL, I mean come on, that is still .5 hours IG.

Second, No, I don't think anything else should change.

Woop, woop. Sort of agree here. No need to make the system complicated. It's a game, a story, a comic book narrative. I want to be able to clean cold knock out someone. Just to be a bad motherfucker.
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

I say we implement going into an extended coma for the sake of realism.

If I fall off my mount I want there to be a chance that I hit my head on a rock and can't wake up for three in game years.

In other words. Current KO times are a little longer than I would like to see, but I always use it as a time to go get some chore or another done.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: Dan on September 16, 2010, 08:14:14 PM

If I fall off my mount I want there to be a chance that I hit my head on a rock and can't wake up for three in game years.

But what if you wake up with superpowers?
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

Quote from: Spice Spice Baby on September 17, 2010, 03:36:09 AM

Or a british accent? It can happen.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: Scarecrow on September 18, 2010, 09:27:43 PM
Quote from: Spice Spice Baby on September 17, 2010, 03:36:09 AM

Or a british accent? It can happen.

I know a british accent has definitely happened to me.