Dwarven Women - Where Art Thou?

Started by Scarecrow, August 25, 2010, 08:20:33 AM

Quote from: Riya OniSenshi on August 25, 2010, 09:19:28 PM
Quote from: Qzzrbl on August 25, 2010, 09:15:01 PM
We also need more mutant ladies who's mutations go further than just weird colored eyes/hair.

:3

He means this.

Bet'cha she'd -still- get hit on.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on August 25, 2010, 08:28:13 PM
Quote from: Aaron Goulet on August 25, 2010, 06:59:12 PMI think we'll see more female dwarves once the code that removes all capitalization and punctuation from dwarven speech gets fixed.

(Yes, I went there.)
If I were on staff, they would get like two warnings then a karma dock.

I seriously don't even want to interact with those dwarves at times.

The sad thing is I wonder if they 1. don't read the boards, 2. have somehow missed all the posts on the subject, 3. think it's cool, or 4. Just do it to be dicks.
My biggest pet peeves when it comes to dwarves is how they all seem to be Scottish, not just the horribly mangled version of a Scottish accent that people try to represent in text to the point of illegibility.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I don't really think the Scottish or Punctuationally-Challenged dwarves are really a problem. I guess I don't play enough...or those kind of dwarves are limited to certain areas of the game I haven't been in recently or certain clans I haven't played in recently. I don't think liberal use of accents and apostrophes equals the Scottish accent...pretty much PCs of every race do that stuff.

If it really is a problem, I think the best way to combat them is to just play a dwarf yourself and don't do those things, especially around other dwarves.

Quote from: spawnloser on August 26, 2010, 05:00:50 AM
Quote from: Aaron Goulet on August 25, 2010, 06:59:12 PMI think we'll see more female dwarves once the code that removes all capitalization and punctuation from dwarven speech gets fixed.

(Yes, I went there.)

The sad thing is I wonder if they 1. don't read the boards, 2. have somehow missed all the posts on the subject, 3. think it's cool, or 4. Just do it to be dicks.
My biggest pet peeves when it comes to dwarves is how they all seem to be Scottish, not just the horribly mangled version of a Scottish accent that people try to represent in text to the point of illegibility.

It's to represent broken speech, not being scottish. Chief.
If they start talking about pubs, and William Wallace, then it's scottish.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

Scottish accents and such aside, can we stay on topic with the Dwarf women please? Thanks.  :)
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: Scarecrow on August 26, 2010, 06:26:34 AM
Scottish accents and such aside, can we stay on topic with the Dwarf women please? Thanks.  :)

Don't they have beards?
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

Only Tolkien ones. But let's not go there.  :D
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Thanks to this thread I now have a new concept for a dwarven female. However I won't be playing her any time soon.

I don't play a lot of dwarves (male or female) because I'm not so good with the objective part. But occasionally I do, and nearly every one has been female.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

I've played quite a few female dwarves and half-giants, and I have to say I've had a blast doing so. Especially with half-giants. But it really takes a certain mentality to rp either one properly.

I think the biggest reason there aren't as many female dwarves is because most people are too busy playing stupid f-me's. For some reason a large number of players feel like all girls should be pretty...and dwarves just don't fit into that niche.

Getting hit on is another thing, but even my ugliest characters seem to get hit on constantly so that really isn't much of an issue. When you're female, you get hit on. Seems to be a MUD mindset, since for the most part there are more men than women playing.

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on August 25, 2010, 06:59:12 PM
I think we'll see more female dwarves once the code that removes all capitalization and punctuation from dwarven speech gets fixed.

(Yes, I went there.)

That is all.

I've noticed this too. My assumption is that they must have some sort of typing problem or 2 broken shift keys and caplocks key on their keyboards.

There definitely aren't many dwarven/half-giant females around, but whenever the rare one crops out, they always seem to be phenomenally well-played.

Anyone remember Henna? She was as badass as it gets.

Haven't been playing enough to get to my dwarf concepts...

Quote from: Rhyden on August 26, 2010, 11:23:02 AMAnyone remember Henna? She was as badass as it gets.
She was badass, but that was because she was a twink.  She was a 2D character.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: spawnloser on August 26, 2010, 11:59:54 AM
Quote from: Rhyden on August 26, 2010, 11:23:02 AMAnyone remember Henna? She was as badass as it gets.

Some days I just can't tell when people are trolling/flaming or winking over their inside knowledge of who played whom.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Quote from: Thunkkin on August 26, 2010, 12:03:34 PM

Some days I just can't tell when people are trolling/flaming or winking over their inside knowledge of who played whom.

Meh, at least she was a female dwarf. Right?

Hey, maybe I should roll up a non-twinkish, butt-ugly mutated female dwarf (with dentatas, naturally) who goes around slapping male dwarf's arses. Bonus points if she uses correct punctuation and capital letters. ;)

I played a female dwarf Whiran once. Was great fun. She even had a flying chase with a very unfriendly supernatural entity! That's right, female dwarf aerial battle.

Quote from: Akoto on August 26, 2010, 12:23:09 PM
I played a female dwarf Whiran once. Was great fun. She even had a flying chase with a very unfriendly supernatural entity! That's right, female dwarf aerial battle.

You were signing checks that your body couldn't cash.

"Behold the monster with the pointed tail,
     Who cleaves the hills, and breaketh walls and weapons,
     Behold him who infecteth all the world."

Quote from: Akoto on August 26, 2010, 12:23:09 PM

A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Assume that is true. She still has any of your characters beat by 1D.

Congratulations, you've earned a thread lock.