Half-gith....

Started by Qzzrbl, August 11, 2010, 12:38:39 AM

From the documentation:
QuoteGith are a race of hunched-over humanoids which are apparently descended from elves. Any such evolutionary branching assuredly occurred sometime in the very distant past, for there are few similarities between them save their long-limbed frame and great height.

Seems like you could have half-gith/half-elf....except they utterly despise each other.
"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."
- Samuel Clemens

Quote from: Bilanthri on August 11, 2010, 12:41:00 AM
From the documentation:
QuoteGith are a race of hunched-over humanoids which are apparently descended from elves. Any such evolutionary branching assuredly occurred sometime in the very distant past, for there are few similarities between them save their long-limbed frame and great height.

Seems like you could have half-gith/half-elf....except they utterly despise each other.

Rape.  How do you think half-elves come about?  ;)

Then again, I can't imagine either race being attracted to each other enough to consider rape, and besides, who really knows what's beneath a gith's loincloth, anyhow?  They might reproduce by rubbing noses or something.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on August 11, 2010, 01:10:07 AM
I can't imagine either race being attracted to each other enough to consider rape,

Rape is not about attraction, it's about power.  So...in that sense, I wouldn't be surprised.  Gross but true.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I wouldn't doubt it if some gith force themselves upon anything warm.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on August 11, 2010, 03:00:31 AM
Or anything warm forced themselves upon some gith...
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Then I guess it all boils down to how dissimilar gith are from the various races?  I'm no biology expert...
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

I know if I was a gith, I wouldn't want to screw another gith.  That's like saying you prefer to screw lepers because you're a leper yourself. In FightClub logic at least.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

I don't doubt you can have a character who looks part gith. Wouldn't advise keywording it, though!

Rape is about power, not attraction.

I believe there has been one in the past, in game.  If not, then the PC was just damn ugly, and a damn good liar, because he had most of Allanak fooled.

This would have been somewhere near 2002, or 2003... though I can't, for the life of me, remember the PC's name.

There are also certain cultures who would perhaps have a higher chance of this happening, and not through force.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I thought they were called Red Fangs.

Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I could see a Breed being a half-gith. I mean, you would be extra hated. So probably not a good idea. I mean. Most people hate elves, Everyone hates a gith.  PLus, You'de stink.

Yet if you were female, I bet you would still get hit on...
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Fredd on August 11, 2010, 12:21:19 PM

Very sad, but probably true.

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on August 11, 2010, 04:53:12 PM
Quote from: Fredd on August 11, 2010, 12:21:19 PM

Very sad, but probably definitely fucking true.

FTFY
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I think Gith are half elf / half desert lizard.

So it would be like saying, could you make a Half-Mul, or a Half-Half-elf, because it's already a crossbreed.

I have seen entities within game which I strongly suspect are half-gith. Exercise to the reader, I guess.

Quote from: Obeliskocism on August 13, 2010, 03:42:31 PM
I think Gith are half elf / half desert lizard.

So it would be like saying, could you make a Half-Mul, or a Half-Half-elf, because it's already a crossbreed.

You couldn't make a half-mul.

Muls are sterile.

Ever heard that expression "Have your cake and eat it too"?  Heh, maybe that's why we don't see any half-gith offspring.

it depends on their ploidy number of chromosomes

i could tell you all about it

TGIF
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

December 31, 2010, 08:13:44 AM #24 Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 08:16:46 AM by Cindy42
Quote from: Bilanthri on August 11, 2010, 12:41:00 AM
From the documentation:

The Red Fangs?
Quote from: jstorrie on August 13, 2010, 04:24:19 PM
I have seen entities within game which I strongly suspect are half-gith. Exercise to the reader, I guess.

Me, too, twice. I think there are race options hidden from the unwashed masses. Not like the normal hidden ones. They're hidden-hidden.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!