Anyone who has played or might play a soldier might like this

Started by 3kanks, July 07, 2010, 07:32:14 PM

That guys a good story teller.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Wheres the rest of the story? That was pretty rude... Didn't even get to hear the punch line.... IF there was one...

Funny story.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on July 07, 2010, 08:10:17 PM
Wheres the rest of the story? That was pretty rude... Didn't even get to hear the punch line.... IF there was one...

"The rest of the story" is an implied reiteration where he explains to his wife how the park became a detailed reminiscences of an event from 5 years past.
It's not a joke with a punch line. Rather, it's a tale of humanity. And the value is in the telling, not a build up and finale.

I thought it was an excellent story.
"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."
- Samuel Clemens

Oh. Well in that case I snickered a little bit during a part.

A tale of humanity? Meh.

Quote from: Bilanthri on July 07, 2010, 09:26:47 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on July 07, 2010, 08:10:17 PM

"The rest of the story" is an implied reiteration where he explains to his wife how the park became a detailed reminiscences of an event from 5 years past.
It's not a joke with a punch line. Rather, it's a tale of humanity. And the value is in the telling, not a build up and finale.

I thought it was an excellent story.

What did I imply?   :P
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

if you listen to the intro of the podcast it's about "people telling stories w/o notes." no punchlines or morals should expected. Just stories about people. pretty good story, gave it the full listen.

Ignore my criticism. I'm a storyteller and a writer at heart. I believe such things need structure and a message.