Newbie Guide

Started by Spider, April 11, 2010, 07:50:15 PM

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,33512

Just posting this as a sort of bump for any new players. I think it would be useful to have easy access to this for new players.

I'd like to see the URL posted in the "Newbie" helpfile, in acceptance emails, account creation emails and on the Helper page.  Mansa did an awesome job and his guide is SUPER helpful, but I find that a majority of the new players to Arm don't become aware of it except by word-of-mouth.

If it was submitted there, I couldn't easily modify it.  :(

It's probably going to be cut up and pasted into the website, at some point.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Mansa just needs to post more so everyone sees his sig more often.
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

Quote from: Xeran Van Houten on April 12, 2010, 05:07:06 PMMansa just needs to post more so everyone sees his sig more often.
You think he really needs to do that?  I disagree. :P That man posts more than a human has the right to.  He just needs to stop posting so much inane OOC crap and post where his link will be seen better and by more people more.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Mansa can't help posting too much. He's canadian.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Now if there was just some way to make new players actually READ these guides, BEFORE leaving the Hall of Kings for the first time...
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

No offense but I'd never take that much time for a game I don't no if I want to play or not.

Well even if they'd take a stab at them. I mean..how much time does one need to learn the syntax of communication, or to know how to FIND the help files if you need them...
or to read what the them of the game is.

I know for sure, if I didn't even know the theme of the game, I wouldn't go through the trouble of creating an account, let alone go through the process of chargen.

I've actually run into characters whose players clearly had absolutely no idea what this game is.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.