Bandannas, Wraps, and Masks... oh my!!

Started by BlackMagic0, April 09, 2010, 02:02:09 AM

Should bandannas be able to hide sdesc? Much like a facewrap or mask?

Yes.
30 (81.1%)
No.
7 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 37

April 09, 2010, 02:02:09 AM Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 02:08:11 AM by BlackMagic0
I always found it funny how bandannas do not really hide your sdesc. I think they should! Proof of why.

It is also no more abuse-able then the easily found face wraps or masks and it also makes as much sense as those!

"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

I agree as well.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I suspect a limitation of the code.  Bandannas can be worn in more places than just the face, unlike facewraps.  Imagine wearing a bandanna around your ankle and have it hide your sdesc.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: spawnloser on April 09, 2010, 04:42:32 AM
I suspect a limitation of the code.  Bandannas can be worn in more places than just the face, unlike facewraps.  Imagine wearing a bandanna around your ankle and have it hide your sdesc.

Someone told me that they hid your sdesc once in a blue moon ago?

So how was it done then?

Not being a smartass. Simply curious if that is/was true.

That guy in the first picture is a fucking twink. You can't wear two different items in the face location.

And we totally don't allow THOSE kinds of sunslits.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on April 09, 2010, 08:17:41 AM

:'(  They sold so well, too. 
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Quote from: Thunkkin on April 09, 2010, 08:29:06 AM
Quote from: Nyr on April 09, 2010, 08:17:41 AM

:'(  They sold so well, too. 

Shhhh!  I managed to squirrel away a copy of those before they were hunted down and "removed" by Staff!
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I do not remember bandannas hiding sdesc during my entire career here.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I use bandana's constantly to hide my face RP-wise. (In conjunction with an sdesc hiding hood.) I guess it would be cool if it hid your face by itself.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

So more thoughts and votes, folks?!

For Staff: Is it a code reason, would it screw with that? Or another reason? Over sight?

Yes. I don't see why not. If there can't be mdesc-covering items, then there should at least be more items to hide the sdesc. Won't someone think of the raiders, elves, and rogues?

Besides,
The male/female wearing a red sandcloth bandana stands here.
It looks cool.

Quote from: Rhyden on April 10, 2010, 01:35:36 AM
Yes. I don't see why not. If there can't be mdesc-covering items, then there should at least be more items to hide the sdesc. Won't someone think of the raiders, elves, and rogues?

Besides,
The male/female wearing a red sandcloth bandana stands here.
It looks cool.

What I am trying to do, brah!

Don't taz me though!

Am I missing something?  My character wears a bandana on her face and it changes the sdesc.  What are you guys talking about?  The Mdesc?

I believe the reason it doesn't do that was because of abuse when we had masks that hid all that stuff. 

I once had a character with an Mdesc / Sdesc hiding "demon-faced mask."

*sigh*
"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars."

Quote from: Sinna on April 10, 2010, 04:16:10 AM
Am I missing something?  My character wears a bandana on her face and it changes the sdesc.  What are you guys talking about?  The Mdesc?

No. The bandannas do not hide your sdesc when worn on the face. Though they SHOULD though is what we are saying.

No one wants Mdesc hiders, this is about -sdesc- hider items. Mostly bandannas should be one of them, can easily hide your face with one, sdesc!!

Maybe it's the veil that the character wears that changes her sdesc.  Of course it's only you troublemakers that want to use bandanas to hide your sdesc.   ;)
"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars."

Quote from: Sinna on April 10, 2010, 06:44:19 AM
Maybe it's the veil that the character wears that changes her sdesc.  Of course it's only you troublemakers that want to use bandanas to hide your sdesc.   ;)

It'll totally match my Ipoor.

Maybe some bandanas do.

As I said, I think they should hide sdesc, but I honestly don't care a whole lot because there ARE plenty of masks, facewraps, etc that do this same thing. OR, in the very least, a HOOD. Almost everyone has one of those.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

I'd rather a set of three items hide the SDESC than any one item.
Such as a Facewrap/Bandana, long sleeved clothing, and a hat. Since most SDESCs describe the hair, eyes, or general body build (Such as scarring.)
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

BUMP!

So all the votes in? No Staff words?

Quote from: BlackMagic0 on April 10, 2010, 04:32:47 AM
No one wants Mdesc hiders

Sorry for the sidetrack but this isn't necessarily true. I think there are plenty of people that want mdesc hiders, probably just as many as there are that don't.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: spawnloser on April 09, 2010, 04:42:32 AM
I suspect a limitation of the code.  Bandannas can be worn in more places than just the face, unlike facewraps.  Imagine wearing a bandanna around your ankle and have it hide your sdesc.

Yes, this is true.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Modify the code so you can 'raise' a bandana, as long as it is in the 'face' location.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on April 12, 2010, 12:12:32 PM
Modify the code so you can 'raise' a bandana, as long as it is in the 'face' location.

Nosave bandana?