Have you hugged a noob today?

Started by Gimfalisette, March 12, 2010, 02:15:06 PM

The staff just hugged some noobs with the Helper system. Awesome.

The new helper system looks very neat. Hope it will help produce even more armaholics.

:(

I was never hugged as a noob. The only attention I got aside from sticking it out hardcore style were a few promptings and urgings from my IRL friend.

Maybe by soloing the noob experience I've best learned how not to become one and expend 50+ characters on figuring out not to drink the funny liquid.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

A gortok hugged me on my first character. Spent -all- of my coin on a quiver, a bow, and as many arrows as I could carry. :)

The next character became a Salarri if I remember right, and that went really well.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Heh, my first noob hug was from an irl friend.  He said I should play, and then explained -all- the problems with my round-ear coming up and whispering to a dwarf.....but were it not for him, and a certain kicking 'breed to tell my character not to sleep in the desert, then I probably would be on character #53876483...ish.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

I was hugged... and I think I got him killed. =(

Quote from: Simon on March 28, 2010, 01:29:38 AM
I was hugged... and I think I got him killed. =(

There's one for the shame brag thread.  You're doing great!

I especially love helping out newbies with their characters by dragging out all the important questions and helping them figure that roleplay stuff out.  It's a very different flavor here than the vast, vast majority of other games.
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

For what it's worth, people have been pretty friendly to me since I signed up. I had one guy take me on a little trip with some of of his pals and then walk me back, and wasn't rejected when I started a conversation with another character, which is a first for me (given my experience of r/p sites outside of MUDs had led me to believe that people instantly assume newbies can't roleplay). Made me feel really welcome actually, especially given that at the time I was standing around wondering what the hell I was supposed to be doing  :P.
Stop reading people's signatures and get a job, you loafer.

*Hugged about three newbs* I love newbs and welcome to Armageddon!

When I first so this topic, I thought it said: Have you mugged a noob today?
Squinting at the such-and-such dwarf, the so-and-so woman asks, in sirihish:
     "You put jam in your peenee hole to keep from making baby juice?"

Personally noobs are my favorite to roleplay with. So impressionable. So easy to impress.

IT reminds me of when I was still a noob and every little thing filled me with wonder.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 05, 2010, 11:35:39 AM
Personally noobs are my favorite to roleplay with. So impressionable. So easy to impress.

IT reminds me of when I was still a noob and every little thing filled me with wonder.

Plus it always feels good knowing you're part of their most formative time playing. I always try to hug newbs.

Except that one who got a restraining order on me.

Damn you. I told you it was IC of me to stalk you with your tressy-glorious f-me sdesc.

*shakes fist*
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 05, 2010, 11:35:39 AM

yea...the 'whoa dude, I found an ancient surmac! sweet!"
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

When I was a newb, I thought obsidian swords were the coolest thing ever.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

When I was a newb, I pretended to be a bad ass.

Now my characters all have obviously exploitable flaws and they regularly make fools of themselves.

... But really are bad ass.
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins