What is the staff upto?

Started by saintpatcho, February 07, 2010, 03:09:32 PM

We have an amazing staff here at Arm providing an unique experience for our enjoyment. They usually have regular updates of their activity.

www.armageddon.org has a list of the recent activity and 'recently' there has not been any published activities. Not since mid December...

They must all be working on some big secret project. Is it perhaps Armageddon 2? Perhaps the momentous event that will end Arm 1 and begin Arm 2?

Any rumors?

I've noticed this as well, and been equal parts dismayed and curious.

There have been blog updates since December, they just haven't been put on the recent updates.

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,37625.0.html

That's for the next game though. I'm more interested in the current one.

They are plotting to kill us all and then surprise-launch Arm 2.0.

From my point of view, staff seem to be "pulling out" of the current game in a few ways.
I'm hoping this means that they are concentrating more on Reborn while still keeping enough attention on the current game to keep it alive, interesting, and somewhat enjoyable to play.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I share your point of view on that, FW.

I also can't wait for Arm 2 to come out. The perspectives... just... can't wait for it. (And I can't imagine how long and how much work it took to get them to work right.)

In lieu of it coming out, however, I'm more than happy to wait for another blog update.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

I wonder if I can pay ghost's terrorist team to sabotage the development of reborn.

Quote from: Akaramu on February 07, 2010, 03:54:14 PM
They are plotting to kill us all and then surprise-launch Arm 2.0.

I wish.

Quote from: spicemustflow on February 07, 2010, 04:38:47 PM
I wonder if I can pay ghost's terrorist team to sabotage the development of reborn.

if the price is creative anything can be done
some of my posts are serious stuff

i will give you true ultimate power

get it done

Just make the game crash, Ghost.  I'll pay in seck-shoe-all favours.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

The staff are away right now, please leave a message after the tone.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

02/07/2010: Patched a hole in a staff-side script -- Oleupata

ooo what hole?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on February 07, 2010, 10:55:45 PM
ooo what hole?

The important question is: Is it important enough to need a reboot in the morning?
Grebber - One who grebs.

Or sometimes we forget to update the weekly update tool.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

My money is on Armageddon has been sailing without a captain or crew for months and we just never noticed!!!

Officiously, the tawny-blonde data analyst says, in California-accented English:
      "You have the Producers, the Administrators and the Storytellers in that order, and should the Producers decide they want to transfer the helm to the Administrators, they will do so. They have not done that."

Staring around at the gathered crowd with a steely gaze, the tawny-blonde data analyst says, in California-accented English:
      "As of now, I am in control here, in Armageddon, pending return of the staff and in close touch with them. If something came up, I would check with them, of course."

Nodding pompously, the tawny-blonde data analyst turns away from the podium.

Bonus points to anyone other than brytta who gets the reference.

Also, I'm sure the staff are around, they're just probably busy and stuff. This seems like a good time for players to pursue player-driven plots that don't require staff attention.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

and by player driven plot she meant time to skill up since staff are busy

no one will notice
some of my posts are serious stuff

Row row row your boat, gently down the stream!

Oh wait... was I supposed to be doing something?  What are all you people doing here?  Ooooh, players!  BRAINZ! Om nom nom nom nom.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Gim, I'm not getting the reference.  :-[
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on February 08, 2010, 12:24:46 PM
Gim, I'm not getting the reference.  :-[

Republican FAIL. Alexander Haig, post-Reagan assassination attempt. He was Secretary of State and became a laughingstock in the media and public eye for his "I am in control here" assertion while Reagan was unconscious in the hospital.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on February 08, 2010, 11:49:55 AM
Officiously, the tawny-blonde data analyst says, in California-accented English:
      "You have the Producers, the Administrators and the Storytellers in that order, and should the Producers decide they want to transfer the helm to the Administrators, they will do so. They have not done that."

Staring around at the gathered crowd with a steely gaze, the tawny-blonde data analyst says, in California-accented English:
      "As of now, I am in control here, in Armageddon, pending return of the staff and in close touch with them. If something came up, I would check with them, of course."

Nodding pompously, the tawny-blonde data analyst turns away from the podium.

Bonus points to anyone other than brytta who gets the reference.

Also, I'm sure the staff are around, they're just probably busy and stuff. This seems like a good time for players to pursue player-driven plots that don't require staff attention.

And here I was thinking you were just mimicking every organized religion in the world.  Silly me.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

I want a storyteller to tuck me in and tell me a story.