HRPT

Started by Bogre, November 15, 2009, 10:40:20 PM

Background:
Amos was born in Tuluk and was pretty lame and boring til all this shit started happening, and now he's not cause he wants to get in the action.

^Feel free to edit that as you see necessary.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

So don't die.  Unless you're, y'know, an elf or a gith or a heathen or a 'gicker or somethin'.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: Nyr on December 06, 2009, 09:11:38 PM
Quote from: Gimfalisette on December 06, 2009, 09:10:48 PM
Yes, the imms will be processing apps, probably very quickly.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.  We try to, but...I mean...we're a bit busy right now.

OK. They may! Or they may not. But I'm sure they'll try if they can.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

They're pretty quick.

Can you imagine being the Staff who gets stuck approving applications when everyone else got an awesome part to play tonight?
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Ew BUUUUUURN!  :D
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quick is within 48 hours. *nod* Double that if after an HRPT. I mean...-everyone- will be apping, right?
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Quote from: Malken on December 06, 2009, 09:19:14 PM
Can you imagine being the Staff who gets stuck approving applications when everyone else got an awesome part to play tonight?

You break it, you buy it.  That's our rule.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on December 06, 2009, 09:23:35 PM

You break it, you buy it.  That's our rule.

Unfortunately, since I made this rule up, now I have to stick to it.

damn it.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

That's me.

I've decided the worst part about an HRPT isn't the action, even when the action is 'AHHH we're all going to die!!!'.  It's the nail-biting waiting.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

arhhghh, *cackle* hop hop hop, splat, unnngggh
Free your hate.

My fingers hurt...
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

I do wish to express my dislike for hostile things that knock you out in one blow, exceptional endurance and all.

Quote from: Bishop on December 06, 2009, 10:41:11 PM
I do wish to express my dislike for hostile things that knock you out in one blow, exceptional endurance and all.

I might suggest you do so IG. With a sword, and a mob at your back.

Well, that lasted all of 7 seconds. ;)

I hope this continues to go on for a few days, or a week, or a month.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on December 06, 2009, 10:45:01 PM
I hope this continues to go on for a few days, or a week, or a month indefinitly.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

me two
Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.

Have I mentioned I skipped out on family night for this? I'm gonna get the worst dad in the world trophy.  ::) Oh well, it was worth it tonight.
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Quote12/06/2009: 400+ rooms, 20+ objects, several NPCs/scripts created to reflect world changes -- Nyr

I wrote this up for the update, but I didn't do all of the work.  I approved maybe 30% of that.  Kudos to all of the staff that worked on stuff:  Shabago, Olgaris, Thistle, Shalooonsh, Qetesh, Cavaticus, Adhira, etc.  Many others, I'm sure.

Is... is it over yet?
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

It's never over.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.